• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '23/'24 |OT| Bradyless Edition

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Baltimore Ravens

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• New York Jets

• Detroit Lions

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Seattle Seahawks

• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Minnesota Vikings

• New Orleans Saints

• Atlanta Falcons

• Cleveland Browns

• New York Giants

• Denver Broncos

• Green Bay Packers

• Tennessee Titans

• New England Patriots

• Carolina Panthers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
Taylor Swift Football GIF by Storyful
I didn't even realize that is Taylor Swift when I first saw this reply. I'm pretty out of touch with current pop culture icons. After watching some of the game last night though, I pretty much now have her burned into my memory from all the camera shots of her.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Turnover overturned for a holding that wasnt holding. 3rd and long the Jets are held, not called, while Mahomes runs for a 1st. There was about 4 really bad calls/no calls that went in the chiefs favor. I'm a Dolphins fan so I hate the Jets, but even with my bias, Jets got robbed. KC was gifted the win.
Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes has been saying this forever.

Hopefully, the league finds some integrity and corrects bad officiating, but I doubt it.

demigod

Turnover overturned for a holding that wasnt holding. 3rd and long the Jets are held, not called, while Mahomes runs for a 1st. There was about 4 really bad calls/no calls that went in the chiefs favor. I'm a Dolphins fan so I hate the Jets, but even with my bias, Jets got robbed. KC was gifted the win.
Turnover you talking about the interception? It was a clear holding beyond the 5 yard, go back and watch it. The flag was late.

The Mahomes run it was a holding, but there was also a flag in the secondary so those penalties would’ve offset and it would’ve just been a replay of the down.

If you want to talk about penalties, lets talk about the bs safety that got the jets on the board. What about the horse collar that wasn’t a horse collar? Ahhh that’s right, the “gifted penalties” is only 1 sided.

The NFL is rigged, but it’s not in favor of the Chiefs.

Lunarorbit

You can’t tell me that’s not a hold. Sauce Gardner and his dumb excuses.

That's what was causing controversy?!

Sauce, you can't impede a receiver past 5 yards from the los. Your hands are all over him and altered his route.

Fields and Moore had a night! Good for them. Fields played awesome last week too against the donkeys

Being a pats fan and watching the entire community turn on Mac has been so tiresome. People are more annoying now than when they were winning.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Every elite team is allowed 2 or 3 aberrations per year. This is one for the Bills. Fluke games impact everybody.

I will say, got to get Josh Allens legs in the game early. Defense ****s their pants when they think he might run.

Lunarorbit

Gonzo and judon going out last week hurt. Saints could be a tight game.

Oh yeah! Bentleys 1st sack of the season.

Won my friends weekly spread contest last week and got $240.

36-23 on the internet season so far.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Steelers offense still sucks but their D dragged them to a win. Also get Gunner off returns he does nothing but mess up

TheGrat1

Steelers offense still sucks but their D dragged them to a win. Also get Gunner off returns he does nothing but mess up
Get Gunner off the roster**. He contributes nothing. I literally said "Just don't fumble" as he was returning it and then disaster strikes. He owes Joey Porter Jr. his game check.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Get Gunner off the roster**. He contributes nothing. I literally said "Just don't fumble" as he was returning it and then disaster strikes. He owes Joey Porter Jr. his game check.
Yep he has fumbled twice and done a toe tap kick return catch that lost us 30 yards of field position this year. Considering how few times he's touched the ball that's an astounding fuck up rate

Mortisfacio

Banned
Miami won by 2 scores despite 3 turnovers, with one being a pick six. Sloppy play, but thankfully the Giants are trash.

Dallas's offense has to sustain longer drives. If they don't their defense is going to get wore out. BTW the next Sunday Night game is gross. The Gaints should be banned from national tv.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Can we finally stop the talk of Dak being a good QB. He might have been a few years ago. Now he is average.

Agreed. Every time I see him in prime time games he's just chucking the ball down the field to the other team.

Also McCarthy needs to be fired already. There is no excuse for this offense to be so mediocre considering the talent and speed they have on the perimeter. They are in a division that is winnable and year in and year out they piss the bed. Embarrassing.

Moneal

Agreed. Every time I see him in prime-time games he's just chucking the ball down the field to the other team.

Also, McCarthy needs to be fired already. There is no excuse for this offense to be so mediocre considering the talent and speed they have on the perimeter. They are in a division that is winnable and year in and year out they piss the bed. Embarrassing.
I think the offense mediocrity is on Dak. He was never the guy he had to be because of injury. He was good on the move and not that good from the pocket. Since his injury, he can't move and has to be a pocket passer, and it just isn't him. Not saying McCarthy is the right coach, but the offense goes as Dak goes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Miami won by 2 scores despite 3 turnovers, with one being a pick six. Sloppy play, but thankfully the Giants are trash.
The pick 6 that came on the following play of the absolute blind no call pass interference mugging in the end zone. Mugged him 3 times on that one play, lol.

Some of the calls or no calls this year have been hilarious. Especially the Chiefs and their Pfizer darlings and national insurance push. It's like a damned reality show. I expect the McMahon's to come out and say it was them all long.

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

Mortisfacio

Banned
The pick 6 that came on the following play of the absolute blind no call pass interference mugging in the end zone. Mugged him 3 times on that one play, lol.

Some of the calls or no calls this year have been hilarious. Especially the Chiefs and their Pfizer darlings and national insurance push. It's like a damned reality show. I expect the McMahon's to come out and say it was them all long.

vince mcmahon wrestling GIF by WWE

Indeed. That was textbook DPI and didn't get called. I've not been able to watch as much football this year so far, but at least anecdotally feels like there's been worse reffing this season.

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
One of the rare Sundays I can actually enjoy a full day of football. Don't really give a shit about this game either, just hope it's entertaining.

NickFire

This thread is a depressing reminder that I was one of two people who voted for the Patriots. Can we update the OP and delete the poll please. Pretty please with cherry on top?

This thread is a depressing reminder that I was one of two people who voted for the Patriots. Can we update the OP and delete the poll please. Pretty please with cherry on top?
What were you thinking? Mind you I just looked at the poll and nobody voted for the bills which is strange all things considered. I'd have had them 3rd fav after the 49rs and chiefs but you'd have thought men in boxes would've voted for 'em.

Top Bottom