• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '23/'24 |OT| Bradyless Edition

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Baltimore Ravens

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• New York Jets

• Detroit Lions

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Seattle Seahawks

• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Minnesota Vikings

• New Orleans Saints

• Atlanta Falcons

• Cleveland Browns

• New York Giants

• Denver Broncos

• Green Bay Packers

• Tennessee Titans

• New England Patriots

• Carolina Panthers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HAYA8U5A

Having to burn a timeout trying to run after already mismanaging the 4th downs was pitiful. So many brutal mistakes in a winnable game. Hard to see the Kansas City Swifts not winning another Lombardi. Not that I would have favored the Lions over them either.

demigod

Dropped catches and that fumble helped too, not to mentioned the blown pick that lead to a 50 yard reception. But yeah, take points when you are up 14.
Nah there was no pick. It would’v been DPI if he caught or dropped it. But yeah dropped catches and that fumble was huge. I think both were on Reynolds.

bender

What time is it?
Nah there was no pick. It would’v been DPI if he caught or dropped it. But yeah dropped catches and that fumble was huge. I think both were on Reynolds.

They picked that flag up and rightfully so. That was great coverage until he tried to catch ball and it doinked off his facemask. 9ers have to feel pretty good right now as they haven't played there best football in the playoffs.

demigod

They picked that flag up and rightfully so. That was great coverage until he tried to catch ball and it doinked off his facemask. 9ers have to feel pretty good right now as they haven't played there best football in the playoffs.
He was impeding on the receiver is why it got thrown. Even the commentators said if Aiyuk didn’t catch it, DPI would’ve been called.

Edit: just rewatched a replay, you are right. Refs said no flag on the play.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Without a horse in the race really I'm going to be rooting hard as hell for the Chiefs just because I know the drama and the circus following their win would be absolutely entertaining as all hell.

I cannot wait for the tears if that comes to pass lol

Mattyp

Gold Member
Alright I'm on the Chiefs bandwagon will grab jersey once I land, all for the villain and as much drama as possible.

What multibets lads?

Chiefs to win
Kelce TD
Pat >188 passing yards.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yesterday could had been a grat day f bets for me by Mahomes couldnt reach 25 yards and St Brown could get a TD. If either of those happened, I woulda made some good money. On the plus side, I got an NBA parlay and a Seattle Kraken parlay paying about $60 bucks ($30 each). I only put in $15.

I'm going to bet on KC to win. Last time I saw, KC +100 is totally worth it. KC win, Kelce TD, 75 yards receiving +450 seems worth a gamble too. I'll put my bank breaking $20 on each. lol

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Alright I'm on the Chiefs bandwagon will grab jersey once I land, all for the villain and as much drama as possible.

What multibets lads?

Chiefs to win
Kelce TD
Pat >188 passing yards.

I'll be the first to hate my own players, but what's not to love about this team honestly ?

Dural

The awards are the biggest crock of shit.

Mayfield takes a team expected to be at the bottom of the league to the playoffs, plays all season, and has his best season ever yet Flacco wins comeback player of the year playing in only 5 regular season games and having average numbers.

MVP to Jackson is ridiculous too, McCaffrey is offensive player of the year but not MVP? What, because QB is more important? Only QBs can win MVP now? Jackson's stats weren't even the best QB, fucking sports writers never make any sense. It's all about how they feel, not who truly should win. Like in the 90s when Favre tied with Barry Sanders when he broke 2000 yards rushing. Or Aaron Rodgers beating Brady when Brady had over 1000 more yards and more TDs with the same record.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Got a bunch of money on KC moneyline paying +100-110. I first got in at +100 and then had to double dip at +110. Every site seems to favour SF by a bit.

Mayfield takes a team expected to be at the bottom of the league to the playoffs, plays all season, and has his best season ever yet Flacco wins comeback player of the year playing in only 5 regular season games and having average numbers.

MVP to Jackson is ridiculous too, McCaffrey is offensive player of the year but not MVP? What, because QB is more important? Only QBs can win MVP now? Jackson's stats weren't even the best QB, fucking sports writers never make any sense. It's all about how they feel, not who truly should win. Like in the 90s when Favre tied with Barry Sanders when he broke 2000 yards rushing. Or Aaron Rodgers beating Brady when Brady had over 1000 more yards and more TDs with the same record.
Awards for professional sports always were bullshit.
The one and only thing that matters is winning titles.
And McCaffrey will hopefully get one by Sunday.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

In gaming awards, sometimes you get Game of the Year won by a game. But then in that specific genre award it doesn't get it. How does that make sense? lol

In hockey, the best d-man is always one that racks up tons of pts. I cant remember the last time a rock solid dman with a respectable 40 pts or less won it. Not saying it never happens, but it'll be rare. it's always a dman with around 60-100 pts.

A dman who is avg or shit defensively with 80 pts will always get more votes than blue line stud who gets 40 pts.

In gaming awards, sometimes you get Game of the Year won by a game. But then in that specific genre award it doesn't get it. How does that make sense? lol

In hockey, the best d-man is always one that racks up tons of pts. I cant remember the last time a rock solid dman with a respectable 40 pts or less won it. Not saying it never happens, but it'll be rare. it's always a dman with around 60-100 pts.

A dman who is avg or shit defensively with 80 pts will always get more votes than blue line stud who gets 40 pts.

Yep, Norris Trophy is the biggest joke in the NHL if you ask me. Last year they give it to Karlsson because he was the first D-man to break 100 points in 30 years, but it's because he wasn't even trying to play defense at all. San Jose sucked and weren't even trying to win, they let him just hot dog around the ice so he'd pump up his numbers and they could trade away his dreadful contract. Lo and behold, they offload him in the summer for a pretty decent return, now he's on Pittsburgh who are actually trying to win and he's back to being an average d-man with a boat anchor of a contract.

Lifelong 49ers fan here. Been alive for all their super bowl wins but I don't remember the first 2.

It's been too long they need this one! If they lose I'm already pre preparing myself for crushing disappointment lol.

Almost the same 🦾

Got into them, on the first win. Then drifted away in the late 90s (too much cowboys 🙈😂)

But the ravens and the chiefs defeats were tough. Not sure I can take a 3rd loss in the big event 😬🙈

And you would be mad to bet against Mahomes and co in the post season. But just maybe this time 🤞.

rooting for niners - their players and team deserve it.

but i'd be okay with a mahomes win as well....just not rooting for it per se.

wifes put together a nice spread for this evening. having another couple and their kids who are the same ages as mine over. should be a jolly ol time

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
I just realized the Super Bowl is on CBS. Which means Romo will be calling a Super Bowl.

fuck my life fml GIF

I think if the 49ers come out early playing well, they win by a couple scores. If they have another slow start and are slow to adjust, it's probably still close with KC winning.

Good question, whats everyone drinking?

I drank Champagne earlier today drinking whisky coke zero now.
Probably going with a nice strong bourbon drink before kickoff, followed by some Modelo's or maybe a Pliny or two, depending on how things go. What kind of whiskey are you rockin'?

I'm not a fan of football but I do like the Super Bowl because it's more of an event.
Not shitting on you personally, but this is what I don't like about going to Super Bowl parties, especially when my team (9ers) is in it. Half the people show up, talk through the game, talk about how excited they are to watch commercials and/or the halftime show and don't pay attention to the actual football.

Last edited:
Good question, whats everyone drinking?

I drank Champagne earlier today drinking whisky coke zero now.
I just came back from the store and bought some cheap vodka.

I think if the 49ers come out early playing well, they win by a couple scores. If they have another slow start and are slow to adjust, it's probably still close with KC winning.

Probably going with a nice strong bourbon drink before kickoff, followed by some Modelo's or maybe a Pliny or two, depending on how things go. What kind of whiskey are you rockin'?

Not shitting on you personally, but this is what I don't like about going to Super Bowl parties, especially when my team (9ers) is in it. Half the people show up, talk through the game, talk about how excited they are to watch commercials and/or the halftime show and don't pay attention to the actual football.
I'm going to be all alone, so there's not going to be any talking here unless I'm talking to myself. I'll be paying attention as much as I can to the actual football but I admit I don't know the rules very well.

So I admit I'm sort of a "football tourist" and that I'm just watching it as an excuse to have a little fun especially considering that it's all taking place here.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I just came back from the store and bought some cheap vodka.

I'm going to be all alone, so there's not going to be any talking here unless I'm talking to myself. I'll be paying attention as much as I can to the actual football but I admit I don't know the rules very well.

So I admit I'm sort of a "football tourist" and that I'm just watching it as an excuse to have a little fun especially considering that it's all taking place here.

Im happy to help w rules questions. Ill be around unless i pass out or the 49ers get blown out lol.

The rules are fairly easy to pick up. All of the broadcasters do a good job of explaining them and why the refs are wrong and stupid. It's all the positions of the players that will melt the average brain trying to remember. That and the formations and plays etc.

Top Bottom