• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Next-Gen) Robbie Bach: "replenishing our retail channel week after week"

Dave Long

Banned
...and what? That's official word that there will be more 360s in stores soon and that people who believe there are no more coming before March or whatever are wrong.

The Walmart I work at has been told not to expect more units until at least two weeks from now. Same thing was told to me at EB amd Best Buy today.

Dave Long said:
...and what? That's official word that there will be more 360s in stores soon and that people who believe there are no more coming before March or whatever are wrong.

There will be multiple shipments before Christmas, of that I am quite sure. However, they will still be instantly sold out and EB/Gamestop still won't get anywere close to being able to close out their preorders.

Beowvlf

Banned
As if MS would say any different. Here in Toronto there is an absurd shortage, to the point where nearly every VG store around my home had signs up on Tuesday apologizing for their sudden inability to fulfill all their pre-orders. Out of curiosity I've asked my local EB, BB and FS when more are coming, and the resounding answer is "hopefully before Christmas".

If this is a result of the WW launch, then that's a shame, but if it's the result of MS playing the fine line between intentional shortage and methodic, hype-building supply, then they fucked up royal. Everyone thinks what happened with the PS2 worked so well for Sony, but they could have easily kept the same momentum and demand into Q1 if they got double the amount of units on shelves for Xmas '00. All they gained was a loss of a shitload of revenue.

FightyF

Banned
sonycowboy said:
There will be multiple shipments before Christmas, of that I am quite sure. However, they will still be instantly sold out and EB/Gamestop still won't get anywere close to being able to close out their preorders.

Yeah the EB in my town is sold out until January with pre-orders. They went so gung ho on preorders while knowing they wouldn't be able to fulfill most of them...

Brannon

Geez, they're still rush-shodding them together for Christmas.

Not a bad thing mind you, since more people will buy them anyway and report the problems with them sooner so MS can focus in on the common flaws and have them fixed up for 360 v1.1 in the spring. Well at least, here's hoping.

bjork

I hate it when they say "we're sold out until _____ because of preorders." How do they know? Suppose they have a backlist of 150 preorders, they order 180 systems, and 180 show up Friday. Then what?

cvxfreak

bjork said:
I hate it when they say "we're sold out until _____ because of preorders." How do they know? Suppose they have a backlist of 150 preorders, they order 180 systems, and 180 show up Friday. Then what?

Good luck?

I think they'd rather be safe than sorry here.

with all hell breaking lose in the 360, I'm preordering my PS3 the first chance I get b/c if the 360 demand is this high, imagine PS3 launch. Think I'll get 1 for ebay also :lol

sonycowboy said:
There will be more units next week and the week after that and the dilrods buying for $1000+ on ebay will cry. Or have too much money to care.

Humm, the ebay prices have taken a nosedive from yesterday's numbers. Back down to the $600 to $800 price range now.

Javaman

elostyle said:
I wonder if some of the units sold next week will show a manufacture date in september or october ;)

Bwaaahahaha. Nice way to check. I really wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Raistlin

sonycowboy said:
There will be more units next week and the week after that and the dilrods buying for $1000+ on ebay will cry. Or have too much money to care.

You have to find the right store though. Many (especially the game-specific ones) are still filling pre-orders with the ones that dribble in.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
CassidyIzABeast said:
with all hell breaking lose in the 360, I'm preordering my PS3 the first chance I get b/c if the 360 demand is this high, imagine PS3 launch. Think I'll get 1 for ebay also :lol

Just one? Why not six?

Top Bottom