• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next gen QD-OLED monitors coming soon!!!! Hyped!!!

artsi

360hz lol

to play what with what gpu?

just give us an oled 27/32 1440p 144hz @ 500/600$/€ to sell bonkers and truckshitloads of them

At least in my experience when there's enough hz there's no need to worry about frame tearing or pacing so much even without G-Sync.

40fps, 60fps, 90fps, 120fps, 180fps

There's many options to limit FPS with 360hz.

Ulysses 31

I'd rather go for the 57" Odyssey Neo G9 8K 240 Hz.

It's DisplayPort 2.0 and no graphics card can run it at full resolution(7860x2160) and 240 Hz yet. :messenger_winking_tongue:

ZoukGalaxy

The QD-OLED tech is awesome on paper but these 10728Hz+ monitors are just ridiculous.
Let's hope QD-OLED big size TV real world tests confirms the potential of this tech vs OLED, because picture quality improvements is the true beast of this tech and OLED is already a monster tech.

Rac3r

Man why did they have to put that ugly stand on the 27”. Should’ve kept it the same as the 32”.

S0ULZB0URNE

Tempted for the Sony A95L but burn in....

PHOLED could be releasing next year which should offer pq improvements plus most importantly...(for gaming)less of a burn in possibility.

Aces High

I'd rather pay premium for better quality control than stupid crap like 360 Hz.

I don't notice any difference whatsoever between my 120 Hz and my 165 Hz monitor.

I'd rather go for the 57" Odyssey Neo G9 8K 240 Hz.

It's DisplayPort 2.0 and no graphics card can run it at full resolution(7860x2160) and 240 Hz yet. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Not OLED though. I’ll pass. I have my eyes on the 49 inch super ultrawide wide OLED g9 if it goes on sale further on black fri

I have a RTX 4080 and currently find the 165 Hz and 158 fps limit on my 1440p ASUS PG279Q monitor to be restrictive when using DLSS3 frame generation so I will definitely be upgrading to a 240 Hz, or preferable, 360 Hz monitor in the next year. Those new QD-OLED monitors look very good and far better than the disappointing selection of 27" 1440p OLED monitors we have had this year.

Xtib81

Still waiting for QD Oled to show its supposedly true potential. As of today, woled is still on par with this new tech.

G-DannY

I have a RTX 4080 and currently find the 165 Hz and 158 fps limit on my 1440p ASUS PG279Q monitor to be restrictive when using DLSS3 frame generation so I will definitely be upgrading to a 240 Hz, or preferable, 360 Hz monitor in the next year. Those new QD-OLED monitors look very good and far better than the disappointing selection of 27" 1440p OLED monitors we have had this year.

why not 500hz then?

ftvwv.jpg

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

32 inch non-curved OLED display please.

The downgrade when going from my consoles on an LG OLED to my PC on a Dell S2721DGF monitor is sad.

I don't need a 500 Hz display as I don't play competitive online or e-Sports games. I just want a good display with HDR for the single player games I enjoy that isn't limited by the maximum refresh rate when using DLSS3 frame generation. I suspect 360 Hz will be more than ample as it is more than double what I have now (165 Hz). I love OLED for TVs and could never go back to IPS or VA panels (and certainly not TFT!).

Last edited:
Top Bottom