• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordiemp

Lol welcome back "insider" so is shit getting real again ?

You were right - Phil is "killing it" with Halo and CGI on PC trailers. Coming soon ... *with a patch.

Keep rooting for Xbox, I too am very very impressed. They even got the UI to full 1080p! And all with no launch games!

To be fair to OsirisBlack OsirisBlack , no insider poster has come close to this RDNA2 generation, which has seen a paradigm shift on RDNA2 to fast caches, crazy talk of 128 MB infinity cache on die and top range pC parts using a 256 bit bus.

We will have in 3 days a 22 TF card with a 256 bit bus take on a 30 TF Nvidia card. Its crazy.

Anyone receiving any information, its impossible to put any of this into context. We are still learning.

Its a fun ride though, certainly not boring, and what people thought were important parameters have been just thrown out of the window. Who knows , I dont think anyone does !

It will be fun looking back and seeing NOBODY was right.

Last edited:

SSfox

I'm just going to buy MM. The upgrades to the original just aren't worth the extra dosh. But then, I played the shit out of the first game when it came out, if I'd never played it before I might think different.

I play it just recently so it's still fresh in my memory, may play the remaster later right before Spiderman 2 will be coming tho but definitely not anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair to OsirisBlack OsirisBlack , no insider poster has come close to this RDNA2 generation, which has seen a paradigm shift on RDNA2 to fast caches, crazy talk of 128 MB infinity cache on die and top range pC parts using a 256 bit bus.

We will have in 3 days a 22 TF card with a 256 bit bus take on a 30 TF Nvidia card. Its crazy.

Anyone receiving any information, its impossible to put any of this into context. We are still learning.

Its a fun ride though, certainly not boring, and what people thought were important parameters have been just thrown out of the window. Who knows , I dont think anyone does !

It will be fun looking back and seeing NOBODY was right.
Heisenberg was right when he said PS5 would be around 10-10.5TF though

FunkMiller

t9sagxfu39v51.jpg

giphy.gif

dlc

ethomaz

Banned
Fucking Schreir was a huge contributor to the FUD wasn’t he? That tweet about Sony ‘console warriors’ being sad about the Ps5’s tflops is so telling of what he actually thinks and feels. Instead of just doing his job - reporting on the specs of a video game console, he has to bring up console wars. I bet no one could find me an equivalent comment about Xbox and it’s supporters.
Jason was of the insiders guys that say TFs didn’t really shows what PS5 is... the devs told him the machine is not less powerful like the TFs seems to show.

Ptarmiganx2

No i agree with you. I just mean this rumour about Xbox tools being way behind PS5, it COULD result in some multiplatform games being better on PS5 EARY ON. One the tools matured, i wouldnt expect that.
But i dont believe that anyway like i said, both Sony and Microsoft will know how these games are running on both systems, and Microsoft are still touting 'the most powerful console' so.
UE5 will preform better on PS5 making it easier for developers to take advantage of the PS5’s I/O and streaming assets. I think the gap will grow in favor of the PS5.

aclar00

PS5 cold boot apparently... Notice the safety warning is quoted to be in the settings menu.

Where are the cold boots using the controllers to turn on the PS5? All of them seems to be from the power button on the console...thus requiring the user to push the PS button on the controller.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
UE5 will preform better on PS5 making it easier for developers to take advantage of the PS5’s I/O and streaming assets. I think the gap will grow in favor of the PS5.
UE5 is going to be massively used, Ps5 UE5 implementation is groundbreaking.

We must also understand that the conversations that Sony/Mark Cerny had with Epic heavily influenced the PS5's design and likewise the PS5 influenced the development of UE5, there are several quotes from Epic alluding to this. We've already seen the fruits of this collaboration in the UE5 demo and there will be much more to come in the next couple of years.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Just curious what this Tweet has anything to do with me?
Well that's obvious, you have less credibility than that Dealer...In fact I gave up all news website and means of information.I just ask him question about what's happenning in the world.Then I know that each and every piece of intel he can give is wrong.He is more consistent than you in that regard because you've been right a lot of times and wrong sometimes ...
Roberto Serrano is a bit like dealer minus the fanboyism....Wrong every single time.

So if one day you have info that they corroborate you can instantly dismiss it.They are opposite fact-checker.

FrankWza

If Starflied is planned for 2021, then it is so far ahead in development that they have invested significant amount of time and resources to make it for Playstation as well. marking that kind of money as a loss must be justified or it's a pure corporate suicide.

We'll see Zenimax exclusives for Microsoft with games planned to drop from 2022 onward.

meanwhile, PS5 gets ghostwire and deathloop as exclusives in 2021. Thanks Msoft!

FrankWza

He was, but we still dont understand all the performance metrics. We will know a bit more in 3 days, and more still on the RDNA2 white paper publication, and in a month or so there will be enough information swilling around we can all put 2+2 together.

At least its not boring.

I love how excited you are for the 28th. You’re gonna be popping bottles man.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
I was going to quote what Paul said but it's too long. He's shared some thoughts and insights into what AMD is planning over the next few years when it comes to RDNA 2 and especially 3. Apparently AMD really want to push scalability across their GPU's and this includes the PS5 and Series X (both of which have different design philosophies when it comes to their APU's).

Timestamped link

Last edited by a moderator:

FunkMiller

you were before my time on this forums.

But from reading what people are saying i have to admit, if you were here purposely lying and spreading falsehoods in the past why people saying welcome back?

I am all for banter and laughs and enjoy the fight with my fellow xbox friends but if you are purposely misleading people with falsehoods or providing fake false information when you know it to be the case, why did you not get a perm ban.

What am i missing here

I wasn’t around then either (but then I am just an alt account of yours and don’t really exist, you psychopath), and have to say that I can only reserve judgement.... but report his ass in an instant if he starts the royal spreading of the FUD again.

Have to wonder though: what place do you have to be in psychologically to want to do that in the first place? 🤷🏻

sircaw

Banned
I wasn’t around then either (but then I am just an alt account of yours and don’t really exist, you psychopath), and have to say that I can only reserve judgement.... but report his ass in an instant if he starts the royal spreading of the FUD again.

Have to wonder though: what place do you have to be in psychologically to want to do that in the first place? 🤷🏻

Everyone deserves a second chance, and we are so close to launch now, hopefully, there is a limit on how much damage one person can do. But if i see any off the Dealer crap 51 more frames and better raytracing at the same time, i am going to report people, and i don't like reporting people.

Except for geordiemp geordiemp and AeneaGames AeneaGames

Enemies

roops67

I was going to quote what Paul said but it's too long. He's shared some thoughts and insights into what AMD is planning over the next few years when it comes to RDNA 2 and especially 3. Apparently AMD really want to push scalability across their GPU's and this includes the PS5 and Series X (both of which have different design philosophies when it comes to their APU's).

Timestamped link

'XBOX SELLS OUT IN JAPAN' doesn't tell anything, he/we need actual numbers. Heck it could have been just a 100 units!?

... Tho everything else he says is always bang-on

Last edited:

Lampard

Neo Member
Well that's obvious, you have less credibility than that Dealer...In fact I gave up all news website and means of information.I just ask him question about what's happenning in the world.Then I know that each and every piece of intel he can give is wrong.He is more consistent than you in that regard because you've been right a lot of times and wrong sometimes ...
Roberto Serrano is a bit like dealer minus the fanboyism....Wrong every single time.

So if one day you have info that they corroborate you can instantly dismiss it.They are opposite fact-checker.
My brain hurts trying to understand this gibberish.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
'XBOX SELLS OUT IN JAPAN' doesn't tell anything, he/we need actual numbers. Heck it could have been just a 100 units!?

... Tho everything else he says is always bang-on
Listen you, 10 units sold is still SOLD OUT. Have you no shame ffs "lollipop_disappointed:

You and your small details.
Haha yeah agreed! Microsoft haven't revealed none of the figures either which lays more credence to what you are saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankWza

Well, that deal was signed before MS bought out Zenimax. So yeah: either they pay the penalties and do what they want, or they stick to the contracts.

it’s just the irony. A deal that is supposed to help one company long term helps their competition in the more crucial short term especially with the x’s first year being really low on exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom