• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

icerock

I want to say I'm surprised at the mental gymnastics being done on launch lineup but I shouldn't be. As someone who isn't as sold on PS5 launch lineup, it is still incredibly solid. With exception of Sackboy and Astro overlapping with each other due to similar gameplay, there's good variety to cater to different gamers. Miles, Demons, Destruction and Godfall is a good pool of games to have for launch.

But, having said that. 2021 for PS5 sounds nuts. You have Deathloop which slipped into 2021, there's GhostWire: Tokyo, in addition to FFXVI launching in 2021. From Sonys' WWS, there's Ratchet in Early 2021, Horizon II (mid? 2021) with God of War II in (late? 2021). Then, there is stuff like GT7 and Returnal which were rumored to be quite further along in the development. And, these are just exclusives. You have stuff like Kena in addition to proper next-gen version of CP2077, plus a host of 3rd party games we don't know about.

It's inevitable, few games will slip given the nature of game development. But, if you folks are having to do mental gymnastics for PS5 launch. I wonder, what the arguments are gonna be in an years time. First, year and a half for PS5 is incredibly stacked.

Riky

$MSFT
I dont care which Hitman it is, its irrelevant, 5700 ran the same game better is the point being made. could be Hitman 10,000, what difference does it make its the same game

It's not the same game, one is a PC version, made for PC. One is an X1X version optimised for that console being run on a different console with no patch.

Answer this, do you think with a patch the XSX could run Hitman 2 at 60fps locked?

geordiemp

It's not the same game, one is a PC version, made for PC. One is an X1X version optimised for that console being run on a different console with no patch.

Answer this, do you think with a patch the XSX could run Hitman 2 at 60fps locked?

Of course, any game can run at 60 FPS with a patch, depends what the patch does and how much work it saves. That appllies to all hardware, including the PC.

PSX

"Marvel's miles whatever" ?

Alex: can't read anymore...

r3ylewjvvpi41.jpg

Last edited:

demigod

yes several other forum users and I had several private conversations about it. I will say that Heisenberg was 100% right and I know why I was given the numbers that I was. I will not speak on anything as I am just a forum member and will not be speaking as an insider. I will say that they were 100% correct on the games and time frames even though capcom and Sony outright denied resident evil 8 and god of war ragnarok. Outside of that I am just as excited as you all are for the next consoles and would suggest that you all hold on to your socks.

Wait, i thought you said the game you were talking about with the human looking insect was Rainbow Six Quarantine.

What happened with MS is “killing it” with next gen titles? Is Battletoads still 8K? It seems like someone fed you with that BS. MS has no exclusive at launch.

Welcome back though!

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I didn't mention Microsoft at all.

You literally wrote this:

“I noticed that they compare their consoles against the current generation only. That pretty much confirms they can't compete with PS5”

Who were you talking about, if not Microsoft?

And I pointed out it has nothing to do with them, just a weirdo making up his own shit.

Looks like MS marketing is as classy as ever. #

Maybe they should try showing some games...

Also that is just pure lies.

They should show test setup + other parameters + qualifications of measurement professional.

And still it is 100% bullshit that pro would be 61dB idle but 66dB in game, unless it is broken.

I would guess as person whom have university degree + work experience from environmental noise measurements that pro on idle is around 25-35db at 1 meter. and 45-65dB on games worst at 1m. Units vary a lot + environmental parameters cause variance too. But claiming that it is 61db vs 66db is just madness.

FunkMiller

Also that is just pure lies.

They should show test setup + other parameters + qualifications of measurement professional.

And still it is 100% bullshit that pro would be 61dB idle but 66dB in game, unless it is broken.

I would guess as person whom have university degree + work experience from environmental noise measurements that pro on idle is around 25-35db at 1 meter. and 45-65dB on games worst at 1m. Units vary a lot + environmental parameters cause variance too. But claiming that it is 61db vs 66db is just madness.

giphy.gif
It’s fake.

sircaw

Banned
It was funny to see Alex struggling to praise the game lol
Game looks amazing btw, can't wait to see Spider Man 2 and others

That scene chasing Rhino through the mall, the entire sequence is better than anything i used to dream up as a kid.

This game is going to be a 10/10.

This is a spidermans fans wet dream come true, it's so damn good. Seriously i can not believe people get to play a spiderman game like this, and its only the beginning. Imagine we get a superman game this generation or a hulk game or a Wonderwoman.

Too exciting, shut up fish.

Garani

This is a spidermans fans wet dream come true, it's so damn good. Seriously i can not believe people get to play a spiderman game like this, and its only the beginning. Imagine we get a superman game this generation or a hulk game or a Wonderwoman.

I am conflicted: should I get the Remaster+MM or just MM and play the PS4 version in BC? I still have to play the game myselft (major lack of time), so I can go either way, really.

LucasBR

That scene chasing Rhino through the mall, the entire sequence is better than anything i used to dream up as a kid.

This game is going to be a 10/10.

Too exciting, shut up fish.

Rhino through the mall was fantastic, the details are simply amazing!

As they said on the video, this game was based on the PS4 with improvement to PS5, I can't imagine what Spider Man 2, and games from ND, Santa Monica, Rockstar etc will look this gen, I'm really excited!

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I am conflicted: should I get the Remaster+MM or just MM and play the PS4 version in BC? I still have to play the game myselft (major lack of time), so I can go either way, really.

Same with me, i need to play both, but i will do it on the ps5 when they become a bit cheaper in a sale.

I still have a massive back log i need to get through when i get my ps5,

Very Happy fish.

Vr46

At the moment, there is no restriction in shipments. We'll see what will happen later on.
yeah, but i'm already made the pre-order the ps5 at the local physical GS store and cyberpunk 2077 in on other region LOL.
Italy is not doing ok....

Last edited:

geordiemp

geordiemp geordiemp
Could this be a hint that ps5 is incorporating some form of infinity cache

Could be anything, derivates could mean PC mobile parts, APUs, consoles. He was vague enough to not mean anything.

Could also mean ps5 cache coherency and cache scrubbers give some of the infinity cache benefits and neither console has full on infinity cache

Could be one or both consoles has L1 infinity cache but not a big L2 cache.

Or both do. Take your pick. Wish I knew.

For certain neither ps5 or xSX has a big L2 cache on die, die are not big enough and XSX has 5 MB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom