• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
XSS also has a fairly significant advantage in pixels per second even in the non-RT mode with these numbers. LOL A total troll fail there.

Not that I will argue with these targets looking a little odd at first glance.

Running at 1440p and apparently has raytracing too. Looks like the XSS is doing what it's supposed to. Unless goal posts are getting moved again.

The marketing was 1440p, 60fps and raytracing? Yup goal posts moved. Oh well.

X1X and PS4 Pro has a 60fps option with a crappy old Jaguar CPU while XSS doesn't. So, XSS is doing what supposed to do, barely be on par with last-gen consoles.:/ So much about moving goal posts and total troll failure. And look who's talking about it.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

X1X and PS4 Pro has a 60fps option with a crappy old Jaguar CPU while XSS doesn't. So, XSS is doing what supposed to do, barely be on par with last-gen consoles.:/ So much about moving goal posts and total troll failure. And look who's talking about it.

Good to see that you visually compared the outputs and came to the conclusion that the XSS has no advantages over the PS4 Pro. I would have thought those extra few GB of ram may have boosted the iq quite a bit, but I haven't seen it yet like you have. 🤷‍♂️

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Please let it be true.

EA and DICE have already gone on record to their shareholders saying that the next BF game is being designed for next gen consoles because they didnt want to compromise their vision. If they are willing to warn shareholders that the sales might not be as high initially then they wont gut the game like CD Project did.

Besides, they recently announced that a separate studio is downporting the game to run on last gen consoles. It's going to be like the Titanfall 360 port Bluepoint did and the Adavnaced warfare and Blops 3 ports of ps3 and 360 which barely even resembled the real game. IIRC, blops 3 on ps360 skipped the campaign altogether.

The only way their vision is being compromised if they cut features out themselves because they didnt work or werent possible even on next gen consoles at the moment. For BF4, they had a 24 player limit on ps360 and a full 64 player limit on the ps4. if they are really aiming to do 128 players with full scale destruction on next gen then a smaller 24-48 player mp with limited destruction might be what they aim for for the last gen consoles.

reksveks

It's pretty impressive considering Nvidia and AMD are struggling to manufacture thousands of units while Sony is able to sell millions.

Do we even know how 30 series cards have been sold? I heard they literally launched with a few thousand units.
It is largely the same fabs between so it's mainly a factor of who got their order in first and at the best price/volume.

reksveks

X1X and PS4 Pro has a 60fps option with a crappy old Jaguar CPU while XSS doesn't. So, XSS is doing what supposed to do,
X1X and PS4 Pro has a 60fps option at a lower resolution, which kinda makes me think it's much more GPU intensive than CPU. Also remember that we don't know what the settings are for each generation yet.

Good to see that you visually compared the outputs and came to the conclusion that the XSS has no advantages over the PS4 Pro. I would have thought those extra few GB of ram may have boosted the iq quite a bit, but I haven't seen it yet like you have. 🤷‍♂️

Wow, it has an RT. I'm stunned with RT:/ But 60fps doesn't matter now. RT FTW.

X1X and PS4 Pro has a 60fps option at a lower resolution, which kinda makes me think it's much more GPU intensive than CPU. Also remember that we don't know what the settings are for each generation yet.

Besides ancient CPU architecture, X1X and PS4 Pro also has an ancient GPU architecture. So, both have 60 fps option, while XSS doesn't. Even without RT it can't push 60fps in cross-gen game.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Wow, it has an RT. I'm stunned with RT:/ But 60fps doesn't matter now. RT FTW.

I wasn't even talking about RT, but carry on. The non-rt mode is delivering more pixels per second than the PS4 Pro, so, if they'd have wanted to do 60 they probably could have at a lower resolution (the CPU is basically the same as what the PS5 and XSX are using for 60fps, so shouldn't be an issue). And even in the non-RT mode, the iq is probably better than the PS4 Pro simply because more memory is available for assets.

But everything is silly assumptions when it is just numbers on a page. I'll wait to see what the thing looks like on the hardware before I judge anything. If I had the choice to pick for myself, I'd have gone with 60fps and let the resolution drop, but that's just my personal preference. The dev here obviously prioritized that 1440p resolution.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

tenor.gif
I'm sure Jim is sobbing at a corner due to all those 'Sony is doomed' articles right now...

ISN'T HE???

Last edited:
Are you serious?

Dead serious. Supposedly 'next-console' can't run cross-gen game at 60fps

I wasn't even talking about RT, but carry on. The non-rt mode is delivering more pixels per second than the PS4 Pro, so, if they'd have wanted to do 60 they probably could have at a lower resolution (the CPU is basically the same as what the PS5 and XSX are using for 60fps, so shouldn't be an issue). And even in the non-RT mode, the iq is probably better than the PS4 Pro simply because more memory is available for assets.

But everything is silly assumptions when it is just numbers on a page. I'll wait to see what the thing looks like on the hardware before I judge anything. If I had the choice to pick for myself, I'd have gone with 60fps and let the resolution drop, but that's just my personal preference. The dev here obviously prioritized that 1440p resolution.

So, you mentioned more pixels per second. Then explain 4k/30 fps on PS4 Pro/X1X compared to 1440p/45fps on XSS without RT :/

SlimySnake

It is largely the same fabs between so it's mainly a factor of who got their order in first and at the best price/volume.
Right. Just saying that Sony managing to allocate such a large shipment is pretty impressive all things considered. Jimbo did something right.

DaGwaphics

So, you mentioned more pixels per second. Then explain 4k/30 fps on PS4 Pro/X1X compared to 1440p/45fps on XSS without RT :/

We don't know what the lower fps mode on the XSS would have been without the RT thrown in, so nothing comparable there. We don't know what the iq comparison looks like between the two either.

You would have to have been dropped on your head as a child to think the PS4 Pro could beat the XSS at anything when running comparable settings. The XSS has a better CPU, a more modern gpu, more memory, more bandwidth no matter how slight, and an SSD. There is literally no area where the PS4 Pro has an advantage.

Dabaus

Banned

Boomstick gaming is the most nakedly partisan, biased, pro xbox podcast on the entire internet. Its an alternative reality program. I listtned to the first 20 minutes and heres what I got:

Microsoft is going to buy Square Enix because:

- Sony has timed exclusives therefore ms is buying the company
-Sony is nearly bankrupt and Jim “dance shoes” Ryan is going to put gamespass on PlayStation
-Out riders was such a wild success that it convinced all of sqaure enix to want to be bought because of it.
-A cryptic Klobrille tweet about Microsoft surface and voice recognition that you’ll see 2 years later. Guess what else is up in 2 years? The forspoken timed exclusive deal therefore confirmation.
-Square is social on Twitter so someone at xbox must be running their social media.

Edit: Oh yeah kojima signed a 3 year game deal with xbox. Source? Just trust them bro.

I commend boom for wearing his colors on his sleeve but unless youre part of the cult, you cant help but just sit in disbelief for most of it.

Last edited:
Boomstick gaming is the most nakedly partisan, biased, pro xbox podcast on the entire internet. Its an alternative reality program. I listtned to the first 20 minutes and heres what I got:

-Sony is nearly bankrupt and Jim “dance shoes” Ryan is going to put gamespass on PlayStation
-Out riders was such a wild success that it convinced all of sqaure enix to want to be bought because of it.
-A cryptic Klobrille tweet about Microsoft surface and voice recognition that you’ll see 2 years later. Guess what else is up in 2 years? The forspoken timed exclusive deal therefore confirmation.
-Square is social on Twitter so someone at xbox must be running their social media.

Edit: Oh yeah kojima signed a 3 year game deal with xbox. Source? Just trust them bro.

I commend boom for wearing his colors on his sleeve but unless youre part of the cult, you cant help but just sit in disbelief for most of it.

Pathetic Xbox propaganda

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Do we even know how 30 series cards have been sold? I heard they literally launched with a few thousand units.
They have about 2.75% of the people who respond to the Steam survey across the 3000 series.

Which is likely fairly accurate representation of installed users... 120 million active ones, would be over 3 million with those cards and steam installed.

Dabaus

Banned
Another thing boom and his crew brought up was that Zenimax/Bethesda denied being bought before it happned but I dont remember that being a thing? Did that happen?

Last edited:

thewire

Hello all, first time posting here, but yeah boom sticks is one of the biggest xbot clowns on YouTube, making up dumb shit 24/7. How the fuck is Netflix gonna buy Sony? A company who’s valuation can exceed well over 200 billion dollars and is protected by Japanese law so they can not be brought by a foreign corporation? He’s even more deluded then the Tim dogs & colt Eastwoods of the xbot rogue gallery.

skit_data

Another thing boom and his crew brought up was that Zenimax/Bethesda denied being bought before it happned but I dont remember that being a thing? Did that happen?
Isnt it so that Square Enix is a publicly traded company that has official investors calls, whereas Zenimax was a privately held company?

Ive never heard them deny that, in fact Pachter reported they were actively trying to get bought and even suggested the idea to Spencer on the floor of E3 or something similar

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
Isnt it so that Square Enix is a publicly traded company that has official investors calls, whereas Zenimax was a privately held company?

Ive never heard them deny that, in fact Pachter reported they were actively trying to get bought and even suggested the idea to Spencer on the floor of E3 or something similar
I have no idea the hoops you have to jump through about public vs private but i did read that if a company is public you have to openly declare your intent to purchase. I have no idea if thats true.

skit_data

I have no idea the hoops you have to jump through about public vs private but i did read that if a company is public you have to openly declare your intent to purchase. I have no idea if thats true.
Yeah, Im pretty sure thats the case as well since the company relies so much on their investors. It would become a situation similar to CDPRs. I guess Boom is either intentionally lying or has a pretty bad grasp around different types of companies work.

It is, yes.
edit: the investors need to be informed by the company that received the offer basically

Last edited:
Isn't it the first time they tackle the subject for PS5 (In which case they're almost 6 months late)? I don't remember any previous video on the matter.
True, I don't remember another one for the PS5. But there was one they did with PS4 like 8 months ago testing a 8GB Sata SSD, the video felt completely pointless. There was a few others like that as well for the PS4.

I know they'll carry on milking the PS5 storage videos, especially once Sony allow the m.2 SSD support. We'll get all kinds of paid promotion action from DF, aaalllll kiiiinds.

Dabaus

Banned
Yeah, Im pretty sure thats the case as well since the company relies so much on their investors. It would become a situation similar to CDPRs. I guess Boom is either intentionally lying or has a pretty bad grasp around different types of companies work.
Probably intentional. Zenimax was a pretty unique in that the company itself was looking to sell, their newer games werent performing well review or sales wise, they werent public so we never knew who was in discussions, and is one of the few publishers that has a history with Microsoft. Square doesnt fit any of these categories besides Balan completely bombing i guess.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Yeah think SlimySnake SlimySnake heard that fact being farted out of his ass.4
Jayz2Cents a big PC youtuber with over 3 million subscribers and advance access to every AIB 30 series card brought that up on multiple occasions after launch. That they only had around a couple of thousand cards floating around a week after release.

I love how you question everything i say though. never gets old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom