• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagos48

Do Sony really have the cash to invest in a Gamepass style application... Can Sony afford to play the long game like Microsoft are playing... Look at what Epic are having to lose to take on Steam. 🤔
Actually they did it a long time ago with PSNOW. People seem to forget this.

Doesn't this conflict with Jason's report?

Then there's this part.

DG2 was in development when he left, which was 2020. So info does NOT match with Jason Schreier.

I know I suggested that some rumors might have been fabricated and was called crazy due to that. But with this revelation it seems like it isn't a crazy possibility.

Last edited:

EliteSmurf

sGmveLm.jpg

Jason's response found in the replies

reksveks

Doesn't this conflict with Jason's report?

Then there's this part.

I know I suggested that some rumors might have been fabricated and was called crazy due to that. But with this revelation it seems like it isn't a crazy possibility.
Assume there could be a difference in understanding between production and development. I think maybe there was maybe an smaller internal development team to pitch the sequel to the higher ups to green light the sequel.

sGmveLm.jpg

Jason's response found in the replies
One of the main functions of journalists in the 21st century is to aggressively shape the public opinions and views on specific matters and issues in attempt to conform with their own personal agendas and bias. It’s been happening for a long time and gaming journalism is no exception to this.

My feelings towards Jason are generally neutral but the dude is coming off as a total douche.

thelastword

Banned
Someone literally gave David Jaffe $10 to ask this:

This is what this is all about...All the noise......It's always amazing to witness...Sony is shit, their games are shit, their developers get favourable scores from the media +30% on Meta for what are simply walking sims, all Sony games are the same and overrated. So you would think they hate these games, yet they yearn for these games to be on their platform with the same passion they hate on the games when it's not....

ND developer getting work at redmond, new thread.....Kojima going to redmond = birdmanrubbinghishands.gif....MLB going to redmond, ecstatic....Daysgone where every preview/trailer thread was trolled and scoured, the review thread was a trolling den, but now the truth is they want Bend to come over to Redmond....You just can't make this up, and through all the trolling, it's quite transparent that they secretly yearn for these games......It's like calling an extremely attractive girl ugly, just for a reverse psychology burst.....

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Every company is driven by spreadsheets. That's why Sony guts all those old studios they had. A bunch of Bend guys leaving in Dec shows they didn't get what they wanted as per the stories reported, so they bolted. That's fine, but numbers dictate the future of the studio, not them.

That's the thing about game development. You put a bunch of people in a studio, let them create a name and logo and they think they are some isolated island away from suits and finance department bean counters.

You're not. Just because you're in a Sony studio doesn't mean you got some invincibility shield compared to game makers at Activision or EA.

You're just another department with a P/L statement to analyze. And if it's not great, you're ripe for the chopping block.

Game companies no doubt tell their studios they are the greatest people in the world in their own clique to keep them happy and loyal. But reality is finance dept people like me scour the numbers and show execs the goods and bads. And the execs will make decisions to keep or junk it.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
1. Bend isn’t being shut down. They are working on a new IP

Days Gone isn’t an instant green light for a sequel. Reviews were a lot lower than expected, you can’t compare that to Uncharted.

2. Sony doesn’t own Kojima, we don’t know if they are still working together or if Kojima decided to go multiplat on their own accord
Looking at the latest news today, it seems Jimbo isnt the worst guy and DG2 seems to be in development.

Lets just hope that all this nonsense over the last few weeks is false and Sony has multiple teams working at different studios. If Sony is investing heavily in AAA gaming then they cannot just rely on five studios to five games in one gen which is whats going to happen if they just have ND, SSM, Insomniac, Sony Bend and Sucker Punch go in with just one team. games are taking longer than ever to make and these teams need to be around 500 people minimum per team.

I said this in another thread, but if Sony shows up with next gen AAA games at E3 then great, im all for this new focus on AAA games at the expense of B games. But for that to happen, Horizon 2 needs to be a downport done by a third party studio while GG works on the next gen SKU. similar to how BF6 is being developed by DICE and a third party studio handling the watered down last gen version. Same goes for TLOU factions and GoW. Sony has money to hire third party studios to do ports as we saw with the horizon PC port. they can hire those studios to do last gen paired versions of those games.
Announce Days Gone 2 during E3 time

I don't even care if it's not actually in development

Just do it to spite the fucker lol
lmao.

KingT731

Imo that would have been a differently phrased tweet. I think the bloomberg article is effectively accurate and that DG2 is on pause.
I'm not saying anything counter to that. I just don't know why people were expecting him to come out and be ultra specific publicly. I'm sure he and Jaffe had that conversation beforehand as well.

If Jimbo shows up at E3 with:
- Next gen Horizon 2
- Next gen GOW
- Next Gen TLOU remake/Factions/TLOU2
- GT7 with Destruction
- New ND IP teaser
- New Cory IP teaser
- New GG Shooter teaser

I will gladly change my Avatar to Jimbo.

That's not going to happen because PlayStation isn't participating in E3.

icy121

If Jimbo shows up at E3 with:
- Next gen Horizon 2
- Next gen GOW
- Next Gen TLOU remake/Factions/TLOU2
- GT7 with Destruction
- New ND IP teaser
- New Cory IP teaser
- New GG Shooter teaser

I will gladly change my Avatar to Jimbo.
Horizon: ✅

GOW: 50/50 on

Factions: ✅

GT7 ✅

GT7 w/destruction? Knowing Kaz, highly doubtful.

New ND IP Teaser? We'll, I doubt they show off Factions AND tease a new IP.

Cory's new IP? Isn't his team looking for an art director? Not happening.

New GG Shooter? I can see them teasing it forsure.

(screen capping just in case. lol)

thelastword

Banned
I think Schreier has his place in this industry, but he is way too combative when people ask questions and disagree with him....His investigative journalism is good, there maybe some truth to what he is saying, but he is way too cocky about it when he discusses his content. It's the internet people will disagree...

I swore there were rumors that mentioned DG2 being in development, even if it was put on hold...What the former director said is not wrong, but whatever it is, in these things you should let the receipts come out before you gloat....Let that do the talking if anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom