• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatSu

mmmm.png

FrankWza

Would be interesting to know, how much better a base PS4 works with SSD compared to one with the default HDD.
Is there already a compare video somewhere?
There are. Had a SSD in PS3 and PS4/PRO.
PS3 was mostly kid times and a little draw distance. PS4 same but faster load times and helped with lod. Back in the PS3 days you needed a SSD to play GT. Those load times were terrible

SSfox

Funny thing is, I remember seeing how Indiana Jones was ripped off almost exactly from something Spielberg or Lucas watched or listened to when they were kids. Almost exactly
Interesting, didn't know about this story but i remember heard something like Indiana Jones the character was more Lucas creation than Spielpierg. (not sure if true or not cause i never bother to verify this)

About the topic, in the end it's ok to take inspiration from one another, but it has to have something special that make it more itself and not just some copy/paste stuff, which imo both Tomb Raider and Uncharted managed to do.

FrankWza

Interesting, didn't know about this story but i remember heard something like Indiana Jones the character was more Lucas creation than Spielpierg. (not sure if true or not cause i never bother to verify this)

About the topic, in the end it's ok to take inspiration from one another, but it has to have something special that make it more itself and not just some copy/paste stuff, which imo both Tomb Raider and Uncharted managed to do.
Everything does. Even The Godfather is similar to king Lear. Star Wars is similar to hidden fortress. The list goes on and on.

Zoro7

Banned
The cash itself goes to the owners of Zenimax, shareholders. On Microsoft's side and in an accounting view the transaction is between "cash in hand" and balance sheets "assets" there is no change in the company value, no loss of anything at all.
Biggest load of shit ever. This transaction will include a considerable amount of goodwill (which can be impaired), fixed assets (which depreciate) and intangible assets (which will be amortised). The "Asset" you quote will not be worth the cash amount they paid. After each year end the assets will reduce considerably. No wonder you stopped being an accountant.

Last edited:

SSfox

Everything does. Even The Godfather is similar to king Lear. Star Wars is similar to hidden fortress. The list goes on and on.
Of course, it's what i say inspiration is normal but the one that inspire need to make his thing special and unique as a art form. And in the end games that just copy / past with no having their own personality usually are forgotten, so.

Brazil is getting fucked really hard this year. Just a few days ago Ford announced they're leaving the country, now Sony announced they'll close their plants here and stop selling cameras, TVs and audio products.

This is a really bad situation wow. Gonna be weird going to store and seeing no Sony TVs or Sound Systems available.

Brazil is getting fucked really hard this year. Just a few days ago Ford announced they're leaving the country, now Sony announced they'll close their plants here and stop selling cameras, TVs and audio products.

This is a really bad situation wow. Gonna be weird going to store and seeing no Sony TVs or Sound Systems available.

I heard your import tariffs suck. Going to be terrible for anyone wanting those goods in the future.

That's pretty much almost it lol

ErmbYqGXcAASHJ_

Source
Slightly off topic but I was a huge Tomb Raider fan growing up, it was mostly because of my childhood crush Angelina Jolie but I enjoyed the games,

However in recent years the games just have not been as good and slightly "dry", it's one of the reasons I think Uncharted became so popular, it filled the gap which Tomb Raider was struggling to do. The Uncharted games are vastly superior IMHO than most adventure/treasure hunting games.

and yall already know Sony/Playstation are going to hit it out the park with the next Uncharted game on PS5, my imagination is already going crazy trying to imagine the graphics and visuals.

Mahavastu

This. Our tax burden in electronics is usually 40 ~ 45%. Can you imagine that? And import taxes are usually 60%.
Thats really really bad...
OTOH here in Germany we also have products (like energy, gasoline, cigarettes and many more) where the pure costs of the product is way lower then all the fees and taxes you have to pay for that, which highly inflates the prices for these kind of products. For example at new year they invented a new fee which increases the price of gasoline by another 10 cent per liter...
I assume most/all countries have those kind of products...

Last edited:
It was the most realistic open world, with the best police system. Every fucking soul matters. It was really a game for mature gamers. Also used licensed cars!
Not just all that but the gameplay is amazing. None of this bullet sponge shit you get. Shotgun could drop someone from close range.
Loved how there was minimal HUD and no health bar. Basically just your character going into a limp if severely injured.
And don't get me started on how amazing the story and acting is. Fucking loved that the most.

Fuck !!!!! If there's one game I want Bluepoint to get hold of, its fucking this one.

FUCK!!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Not just all that but the gameplay is amazing. None of this bullet sponge shit you get. Shotgun could drop someone from close range.
Loved how there was minimal HUD and no health bar. Basically just your character going into a limp if severely injured.
And don't get me started on how amazing the story and acting is. Fucking loved that the most.

Fuck !!!!! If there's one game I want Bluepoint to get hold of, its fucking this one.

FUCK!!

One of my best games of all times. I remember that you can't fucking kill an NPC and getaway with it, it makes the game so hard and doesn't go away "wanted status". Probably casuals didn't like it, just like Far Cry 2.

That would be ace, maybe if London Studio take a break from VR?

That will be a dream!

Last edited:

Game has received a next-gen patch but still fundamentally runs on the BC code of the previous consoles, Series X handles BC very differently to PS5 and people forget that Microsoft invested a lot more into BC for the Series X (Sony had different goals for the PS5), as Richard pointed out it's probaly why we see more flexibility in BC games on the Series X when compared to PS5.

Rea

There's one thing wrong about what john saying, that ps4 pro quality mode was 1620p. In the original old video he was saying that ps4 pro quality mode was top out at 1260p.
8svrcU5.jpg
NEDeHph.jpg

And he was wondering why ps5 doesn't have Quality mode, lol. Its obvious that ps5 is using ps4 pro quality mode with fixed resolution instead of DRS in ps4 pro with also 60fps. There's no reason for ps5 to have quality mode. Ps5 backward compatibility is limited to ps4 pro maximum resolution. DF is very disappointing lately. 🤦‍♂️

magnumpy

I mean, there's not gonna be a price drop any time soon. So save money if you actually need to. Otherwise I'd just buy a PS5 if I could just to play PS4 games.

there are no ps5s commonly available to purchase otherwise I would buy one right now. they are available via third parties but at a huge markup :(

THEAP99

Banned
After owning for PS5 for two months, I have to say. It started off really strong, but now it's just a backwards compatible machine.. there's a major drought clearly and there's no hurry to get a next gen console yet or at least don't feel bad if u don't have one.

Sony did really really good with launch content and I don't think they should be blamed for this, it's honestly third parties fault. I mean I got Black Ops, Valhalla, Borderlands 3, and those games just suck. They're lacking quality and polish (actually BL3 is polished but I am not interested in it).

It doesn't help either that Cyberpunk shat the bed and isn't getting a next gen upgrade till late this year... not to mention all the other delays for 3rd party games.. ugh

Shit's just dry right now.. We got returnal around the corner but I don't have much faith in that game. Hopefully, Ratchet is out before the summer, TLOU 2 Remastered/ Factions is out before the fall, and Horizon before the winter and I'll be fine.

The next month or two is going to be insanely brutal of boredom. No hurry to get ps5 rn I'd say because most likely you'd just be doing what you did on ps4 -- playing ps4 games..

Do people really think the PS5 has magical, unannounced features 2 months after its release...
The question should be, "what undisclosed features are making a 10TF PS5 consistently outperform a 12TF machine that supposedly eats monsters for breakfast?"

Of course there's hardware features on PS5 not yet discussed. Unlike MS, Sony hasn't done a Hotchips-like presentatiom where they give the majority of the granular details like cache sizes and layout. This stuff isn't magical but it matters and people are interested in knowing about it.

If you're not, good for you, but don't try to ridicule people who are with obtuse shitty dimeaning statements like the above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom