• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Activision wtf
giphy.gif

Great Hair

Banned

Thank goodness, we dont want yanky tearing game to be praised and everyone needs a new TV to enjoy the game without cutting my eyeballs.

Tearing and bad frame rates cannot be acceptable by having to use a freesync monitor or a new TV with that feature, these are consoles.

assa. creed valhala runs like shit on every xbox. screen tearing non stop

VG Tech tested the game on older gen consoles and no idea why it´s so bad on the xbox machines. Every 2.5 frame on the X1X, every 1.4 frame on the X1S

Stuart360

Holy smokes. I really hope allowing people with 1080P TV's to disable 4k texture packs is a general thing this generation.
You dont need 4k resolution to be able to see 4k textures, i dont know why everyone gets that mixed up,
You're right though, it should be optional for people that dont want them.

kyliethicc

The lighting and texture resolution, is far better than the ps4 version!!!!

I love that Spider-Man and Miles Morales are now running at the same fidelity/performance on PS5 both at launch.

Just like Breath of the Wild was a cross-gen Switch launch game, now PS5 has 2 Spider-man cross gen games at launch. With beautiful graphics and great gameplay.

Also cool so players can enjoy Spidey 1 and Miles and the next Spidey 2 all with the new controller, RT, Peter model, etc. Good for long term continuity of the series.

BGs

Industry Professional
Everybody can talk and spin for Sony all they want. Fact is Sony took a bunch off the shelf parts, shoved them in a PC case and called it a PS5. The hardware tells the story. PS pro showed they were in over their heads. How many TFLops was the PRO compared to the X? They mistakenly planed to release PS5 in 2019 (RDNA 1) but caught wind of what MS was up to (RDNA 2) and had to scramble to close the TFlop gap. Sad to say they consistently can’t, which doesn’t bod well for the future. Plus doing Back compat in hardware is a death sentence. But I digress They had already finalized their hardware architecture ( Phil confirmed this) so had to overclock the gpu/cpu. Which they found to be unstable so had to go with variable clocks. Their cobbled together and over the top cooling solution attests to this. I could go on. Oh and right a company that makes TV’s told AMD a company that does GPU/CPU thanks but no thanks we’ve got a better custom solution than RDNA2? Last thing has Sony clarified, been transparent or pushed back on any of this? Their silence is deafening. Truth will eventually come out and the speculation will end.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Don't get confused, Sony is not a TV company, it is a company that rapairs radios (Who would have thought they would go that far).

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Sega wants to continue releasing ports, remasters, and remakes of Atlus after the success of Persona 4 Golden

Garani

Oof.. so Xbox has tearing issues that Playstation doesn't?

I do apologize Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem for previously accusing you of just not noticing it lol

WTF is up with that? Why does Xbox suck at V-sync?

Actually, we know nothing about the PS5 version. No one has any game code, so that version could be the same, better or worse. We simply don't know until we observe (here we plug the obligatory Schrödinger's cat dilemma)

Tweets like this are just empty after all the hardware and software shade they've thrown at Sony over the course of the year (feeding the disinformation machine that is their army of frothing riled up fanboys).

I could be well off ... but i'm getting 329mm2 by measuring the length of the diagonals of both APU in pixels, working out the pixel areas from that, and using the known Xbox Series X area to calculate the PS5 one.

Diagonal length in pixels on the XSX ... 183
Diagonal length in pixels on the PS5 ... 175.

But that value sounds too large to me. How did you calculate yours?

Considering the differences in aspect ratio between the two dice, measuring the diagonal dimension on a granular pixel grid is going to be inherently more erroneous than measuring the vertical and horizontal dimensions; because the diagonal is a stepped pixel pattern that is different for each die.

Last edited:

Sejanus

Everybody can talk and spin for Sony all they want. Fact is Sony took a bunch off the shelf parts, shoved them in a PC case and called it a PS5. The hardware tells the story. PS pro showed they were in over their heads. How many TFLops was the PRO compared to the X? They mistakenly planed to release PS5 in 2019 (RDNA 1) but caught wind of what MS was up to (RDNA 2) and had to scramble to close the TFlop gap. Sad to say they consistently can’t, which doesn’t bod well for the future. Plus doing Back compat in hardware is a death sentence. But I digress They had already finalized their hardware architecture ( Phil confirmed this) so had to overclock the gpu/cpu. Which they found to be unstable so had to go with variable clocks. Their cobbled together and over the top cooling solution attests to this. I could go on. Oh and right a company that makes TV’s told AMD a company that does GPU/CPU thanks but no thanks we’ve got a better custom solution than RDNA2? Last thing has Sony clarified, been transparent or pushed back on any of this? Their silence is deafening. Truth will eventually come out and the speculation will end.
Misterxmedia is a neogaf member

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Tweets like this are just empty after all the hardware and software shade they've thrown at Sony over the course of the year (feeding the disinformation machine that is their army of frothing riled up fanboys).
Both companies highlight the differences in their products as being positives... you guys always over-react when MS does it and ignore when Sony does.

Both companies do a bit of bullshitting in those statements too.

I really wish my fellow Sony fans would stop getting so butthurt over Microsoft..

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Spent all morning waiting for the Xbox drop on walmart.com only to get distracted right at the time it dropped lol

Oh well, no XSX for me this month I guess.

Considering the differences in aspect ratio between the two dice, measuring the diagonal dimension on a granular pixel grid is going to be inherently more erroneous than measuring the vertical and horizontal dimensions; because the diagonal is a stepped pixel pattern that is different for each die.

Nah, i messed up. Using the diagonals only works for squares, not rectangles. I'm getting around 313mm2 using the W*H

B_Boss

Jeff Rickel....is that you my man?

Both companies highlight the differences in their products as being positives... you guys always over-react when MS does it and ignore when Sony does.

Both companies do a bit of bullshitting in those statements too.

I really wish my fellow Sony fans would stop getting so butthurt over Microsoft..

You're being disingenuous by ignoring the obvious intended ambiguity of a lot of MS next-gen PR claims, versus Sony who so far has simply refused to acknowledge the competition at all.

Sony isn't claiming to be the "only fully RDNA2" console which is a statement that makes clear implications about the competitor's product. They've simply focused on promoting their own product and features.

It's not about being butthurt about anything. It's simply making observations about the PR approach of the two companies.

If anything, your insistence to jump in and defend MS and cry fanboy when a PR tweet is criticized says more about your own emotional platform biases than anyone else's here. The irony is that by projecting your own onto others, you're only really outing yourself.

I was laughing along thinking this was a joke post, then I checked this guy's post history....:messenger_astonished:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom