• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLZ

Banned
I wonder how many of you here in Sydney ordered from Amazon? I'm curious to know how many PS5s am I delivering that day. I might be the one showing up at your door.

giphy.gif

pasterpl

I found it odd that we still didn’t get a proper console presentation from Sony, what about the UI? There were some patents flying around, but we know nothing, there is probably no quick resume equivalent, for the bc games are there any enhancements applied automatically? Seems very odd that Sony showed nothing about this and we are so close to launch. I am considering pre ordering mainly due to BC being there for 99% of the PS4 games as I have got quite big PS4 backlog, but without info about the above Sony makes me think twice before I can commit.

I found it odd that we still didn’t get a proper console presentation from Sony, what about the UI? There were some patents flying around, but we know nothing, there is probably no quick resume equivalent, for the bc games are there any enhancements applied automatically? Seems very odd that Sony showed nothing about this and we are so close to launch. I am considering pre ordering mainly due to BC being there for 99% of the PS4 games as I have got quite big PS4 backlog, but without info about the above Sony makes me think twice before I can commit.
Deep dive ui is probably in the next 2 weeks

TBiddy

No they didn't show sack boy or horizon and cofimed those 2 are coming to ps4 . To be fair we got a good chunk of gameplay on it already

True. It just seems odd to leave out your big hitters, but maybe they think they've already shown enough of them for now.

Last edited:

SNPlayen

I’m not caught up on this thread but for those concerned about some of these big cross gen games, that’s just the thing, they are too big and cost so much they need PS4 install base to make money. It will be a year or 2 before PS5 install base is big enough to support them. I’m sure the PS5 versions will look great and will have extra features such as dual sense and no loading.

IkarugaDE

So after Best Buy Earlier in the night cancel my PS5 DE pre order and Target doing the same thing. I finally got a complete and confirmed pre order this time from Best Buy for a PS5 DE. I can’t believe I had 2 pre orders canceled because they ran out of stock. Only hours later to get my pre order finally done.
CctBn86.png

It was a struggle...and I thought I was having a bad day!
I have missed it completely. Here in germany Amazon and co opened the pre-order in the middle of the night and it was sold out after I woke up at 6am CEST. Very fucking bad

Last edited:
I’m not caught up on this thread but for those concerned about some of these big cross gen games, that’s just the thing, they are too big and cost so much they need PS4 install base to make money. It will be a year or 2 before PS5 install base is big enough to support them. I’m sure the PS5 versions will look great and will have extra features such as dual sense and no loading.
I m salty about hfw but I get over it . Rest I don't care

Neo Blaster

Because they have shown several big Next Gen Exclusives, It's super shitty they mislead people into thinking HFW and SM were exclusive but it's not like all the Demon's Souls or RnC just suddenly dissapeared.
I know, man, I didn't forget them(and I keep reminding people of them here), but Sony should have been more transparent.

PS5 Specs official here:

The USB and USB-C on front are 10 Gbps. The 2 on the back are 5 Gbps like PS4.

350 W power supply. PS5 disc model is over 10 cm thick.

Wifi 6 802.11ac and Bluetooth 5.1 confirmed.
Wifi 6 is 802.11 ax, which the spec sheet makes mention of as well meaning the high speed, long range wifi 6 is indeed present in the console.

Why are people assuming that when features havent even shown fully yet = they must be missing? :messenger_neutral:

You think that this is their only show before the launch and if they didnt show stuff here = it doesnt exist? Like they launch without UI because we didnt see it :messenger_beaming:

There is no technical reason why they could not have quick resume, but better question is that do they even need it?

Like if loading of game takes 1-2 seconds, they could just load the latest savegame without having to have quick resume kind of "limited ram images saved on the disc" kind of way.

Of course it is possible that there isnt one, but I dont see the logic that if they havent shown it = not there.

they had limited time so it would have been difficult to show the UI / features as it would easily take 1 hour to deep dive in those.

Horrible year 😩

Bad and mixed messaging from Sony and Microsoft combined with COVID.

SIE with new stupid management 😩

Microsoft with Fail Spencer.

Nvidia buying ARM and running our phones 😂.

Next gen FF16 and RE Village looking worse than thier prequels on last gen 😩.

Demon's Souls was exclusive 😌then became multiplatform 😩 and then exclusive again😌.

F**k you 2020. I hope you get triple penetration without a lub.

zaitsu

Banned
Did I change my stance? No. Still hammering. Only an ignorant will argue otherwise. Spider-man MM, Horizon FW are all held back by PS4, no way around it. But it's at least cross-gen done right.

065.gif
Fully agree with my lover Bo.
Spiderman and HFW are not nexgen games, and there is no way around it.
Still if Horizon looks near showcase , ohhh boy those PS5 exclusives gonna be niceeeee

Last edited:

xacto

I am not sure what people were thinking, but did they really believe Sony would leave 100+ million PS4 users in the rearview mirror this November? Sweet naiveté...

The show last night was good.... not great. As someone else said earlier, it felt a bit like Part 2 of a previous show. Still, there was a lot of gameplay: Spider Man and Harry Potter looked nice, but some of the other items like FF, Deathloop and COD didn't do much for me. Demon's Souls was far and away the standout though; it looked absolutely superb. My dilemma is whether to get Demon's Souls at launch. I'm not sure if I want my first experience of PS5 to be one of pain and misery.

After the show, the communication about pre-orders was an absolute shambles. Some vague Tweet from Sony, and then nothing else. I managed to get a pre-order in the UK from Game, but only because I happened to see the tweet that Heisenberg posted last night. I'm pleased I got the pre-order but it's left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth after the mostly-great show.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Hi (here it is already 17 for many hours.)

I do not know why that is the information published, since it does not imply any perceptual cost reduction. Therefore I guess it is another human error like DS on PC. I hope that when they decide to make the final exploded view of the console and its custom features, they will clarify this point (and "other" things about the BD unit), the reason and update the data, because people have to work (and many times you find out about things earlier from the press than from the company itself).

Regarding the gameplay conference ... as I said, not everything could fit in 40 minutes. Expected price, although I was betting more for € 449. preorders on the indicated day (in my region). The sectioned departure date was not expected. FF16 a disappointment for me. And GOWR also disappointed by not showing anything, even though they already had material to teach. I guess they want to space everything out, but it gets on my nerves.

And "Konami" ... Where is "Konami"? In short, for me an unnecessary presentation to justify giving the date that could have been given by twitter. This year all your performances are disappointing me. Luckily then Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem comes to cheer me up.

I'm beyond happy, even though I didn't secure a preorder, and now calling relatives on another country to secure one for me just in case. :lollipop_tears_of_joy: I mean, I've been waiting for fiber net since 2015, and they should come today and install it. PS5 launch lineup have 5 games at least I'm getting day one. I'm still shocked if they managed to blow us away with crossgen games like HFW and Spiderman MM, then we'll go crazy going forward! Now I'm thirsty for TLOU2 and GOT updates!

I mean, everyone has his own perspective, I just happen to like many games and genres, and that doesn't include Persona 5 (turn-based JRPG), Demon's Souls (clunky as F and story is bland), minecraft (it's an app, not enough to be called a game).

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned

The Series S is super duper cheapo compared to the digital ps5. That $100 difference becomes way more when you factor in 80 euro freaking price tag for ps5 games here in Europe. Series S + gamepass is the casual "I just want a cheap console". Digital ps5 meanwhile doesn't have gamepass, just a "give us 80 euros for new exclusive games or fuck off" hidden cost.

So nope, I'd figure the target audience is different (i.e. the digital ps5 is for people who're prepared to pay way more for their console entertainment).

FunkMiller

Fuck about. Ps5 pretty much sold out everywhere. Glad I got two preorders in last night.

On waking up and thinking about last night, it is absolutely not good that Sony pretty much lied about the whole ‘believing in generations’ bit. They’re clearly as greedy as Microsoft, and want to keep milking current gen for as long as possible. They put forward an expectation that they shat all over with the event and subsequent news.

BUT Demon’s Souls looks amazing, and that was all I needed to pre order 😂

Pinktaco

80 euro games are too much lol.
I'll wait a bit. Perhaps a birthday present for myself (end January).

Ive have small kids anyway, so I can wait.

Im curious if there will be ps5 editions of some of the ps4 games release this year. I would be up for that, since I am still to experience those games.

bitbydeath

I wonder how many of you here in Sydney ordered from Amazon? I'm curious to know how many PS5s am I delivering that day. I might be the one showing up at your door.

giphy.gif

Do you know if securing one means it’s received at launch or were they allowing pre-orders for post launch like EB Games?

I know JB Hifi just shut theirs off when they sold out.

pasterpl

People my as well keep their Ones if gamepass value matters more to them than a comprehensive next gen experience. Luxury and advancement cannot come at rock bottom bargain bin prices.

there is xbsex with game pass for true and affordable next gen experience (it actually starting to see that xbox will have more next gen only games at launch that ps5)

Elysion

Banned
To be honest, I expect that at least 80% of the games that will be released during this upcoming generation would theoretically also be possible on PS4, even if they’re next gen exclusives. We’ve reached a point where developers’ creativity is much less hampered by hardware limitations than in the past.

I'm out this gen I think.
Completely messed up messaging, pricing, and cramming gimmicky RT into everything, but pushing it down to 1080p or 30fps.
This will be the lost generation I think.

Cyberpunk, save us!

chilichote

Sooo, I thought I'd read the 16 pages since last night, but no, I don't^^

But about the Sony event: I would give the whole thing a 7.5 out of 10, simply because a lot has already been shown. That's not bad, but less exciting.

What bumps into me at first is that many 1 party titles also appear on the PC - I don't think it makes much sense if it happens at the same time. But I find it strange that many games also appear for the PS4. Not bad with Demon's Souls, the game is basically a PS3 game, and I don't find that bad with Spiderman MM either, but I don't find that good with Horizon, because I expected the game to really exhaust the PS5 hardware . As it is, the basic structure of the game is just a PS4 game.

Otherwise we finally have the price, but you can no longer pre-order - which I never do anyway, I either get one on release or not (i still need a new TV anyway^^).

I'm curious to see if Sony still has a few aces up its sleeve, but basically relatively happy with what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom