• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyliethicc

May be talking about the existing baseps4/pro SKUs in addition to?

If we look at the PS4 numbers, and bring that to PS5, then obviously CFI = PS5.

It looks like 1001 and 1011 were just launch PS4s but the english and spanish variants.

1015 and 1018 could just be different regional models, or they could perhaps be for special editions (Spider-Miles?)

Any Pro or Slim model would not be 1000 it would be 2000 or 7000 etc.

The ZAA1 could be the headphones.

uBeN15t.jpg

srtthxa.jpg

Last edited:

Brudda26

Sony would be crazy to not release before Black Friday in the US.
And 27th of november is not considered "Christmas" here, so looks like separate launch dates as rumored.
Holiday is a period of months in america not just november. The christmas period here in the UK isnt just december its november through to january. Now if you want to talk the retail christmas period it's already started(I work in retail were already putting christmas stuff out). America calls the christmas period holiday
UK/EU calls what the Americans call holiday, christmas.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

They opened prorders up for the PS4 at E3 the very moment they announced price.

I put mine in at Amazon while watching live. But then again, we are in different territory to those types of events, COVID, etc..

Maybe they'll open it up for the email sign up people first then amazon and everywhere else a few days later. That would be smart since they said they wouldn't just drop it without notice. I'm not sure if notification of a conference constitutes notice of pending preorders or not.

Kerlurk

Banned
They opened prorders up for the PS4 at E3 the very moment they announced price.

I put mine in at Amazon while watching live. But then again, we are in different territory to those types of events, COVID, etc..

I remember having to race down to the local game store (EB Games) (after that E3 presentaton) and putting down my deposit down and was lucky to get it on release day.

I think I will just pre-order online this time.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Interesting comments on the expectations for this Wednesday's event. A lot of would want to see Horizon Forbidden West gameplay this week, but lets consider this for a second, the game itself is worthy of an event on it's own, why show it off now when you can save the ammunition for another big event next year, maybe around late 1Q of 2021. This is the same for several other upcoming games as well. It makes sense as well, Sony like to drip feed information and take their time to reveal stuff, as we very well know! lol

Sony's main objective for this event will be to encourage people to buy the console within the launch window.

Additional comments, with that being said, we will likely see a big "tease" for some upcoming and unannounced games, like GOD OF WAR!
I disagree, they started showing HZD 2 years prior to its launch, at least 2 gameplay demos where shown in big events(E3 2015 reveal, E3 2016 along with GOW reveal). A superb looking title, albeit far away, can make quite a case for convincing people to buy your system.

"Playstation has fear of Xbox strategy because its sales will damage, this will be not 2013 again"

Meanwhile in Sony

giphy.gif

I wonder if that was what my fourth hand source meant when he said Sony was handling pre orders at first. That they was dealing directly with shipping logistics. Since they was working on a solution for distribution. I hope that means since they fixed the logistics; that maybe they have more consoles available for launch. Fingers Crossed 🤞!

The werewolf transformation in this movie trumps any digital special effects I've seen so far, and they were all practical.
Oh yeah! The Howling also has insanely good practical effects for the transformations. Man, I miss those days... Digital effects have their use of course, but there's just too much of it. Sensory overload. I'm never impressed by new movies anymore, but I can still have my mind blown by 80's films etc.

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem has promised me if they show bloodborne 2 on wens night, he is buying me a ps5 with as many games as i want.

If they show bugsnax and volcano high i have promised I will get that for him.

For some reason, even if I loose I still feel like I have won

I feel like Bloodborne 2 is when things are going to shit and they need to press the emergency button.

The Umman Manda

Neo Member
Bloodborne 2 being announced would be amazingly stupid in a marketing sense when you've got Demon's Souls about to be released.

bloodborne 2 would melt the internet, as much as i want it to happen i seriously doubt it, but damn i live in hope.

You saying that makes me think about how some games can be announced and have a huge online response but not actually do anything spectacular when launched. Last I heard, Bloodborne has sold less than 3 million copies. Not a bad number in general but for something that is talked about online as some sort of flagship important game on par with Uncharted and God of War? It's just an observation on how the chatter online can be different from what happens for sales.

Sorta like how Snakes on a Plane had a huge online response but damn near none of that made anyone actually go see it.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Bloodborne 2 being announced would be amazingly stupid in a marketing sense when you've got Demon's Souls about to be released.

You saying that makes me think about how some games can be announced and have a huge online response but not actually do anything spectacular when launched. Last I heard, Bloodborne has sold less than 3 million copies. Not a bad number in general but for something that is talked about online as some sort of flagship important game on par with Uncharted and God of War? It's just an observation on how the chatter online can be different from what happens for sales.

Sorta like how Snakes on a Plane had a huge online response but damn near none of that made anyone actually go see it.

i def get your point, its probably more like one of those cult status things. The mind share of just having it on the ps5 would be huge, dark souls fans are so dedicated, they still making content now.

Bloodborne 2 would be huge in many ways that most people would probably not even suspect.

kyliethicc

Not exactly random, he's talking about scientists finding evidence of life on Venus' clouds.
Scientists found a small possibility of life on Venus (probably just unknown chemical reactions but theoretical possibility of bacterial activity). Which is what I guess his tweets refer to.

Oh cool. Great then.... but Imma still need that God of War trailer Cory Balrog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom