• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrippleA345

Demon souls new gameplay screens (similar to old pictures but different)

Fuckk it's gorgeous 👀👀👀

YJL4bD1.jpg

MmQ2nFB.jpg

Wow, that looks damn good.

I think you're looking waaaaaay too much into that, the dude asked Matt something about the article and he answered in his very first comment. That's all.
Then the dude made the comment about how they were pushing the Github leak as some kind proof and then Matt said the thing about games, I just don't see the issue there.
This is the same person that attacked the dust golem dude and was questioning him about versions of tools used, to conclude basically calling him a fool for "repeating things he doesn't understand".
as if anyone needs to know the dev kit serial number or be an in-house developer to understand what "problems running at 4k/60" means.
I just noticed a pattern, and called it as I saw it. not much more issue than that.
and maybe that hardwaretimes article is wrong. but deflecting to "bu-bu-but exclusives" is not the way to address it technically.

anyway...

Faithless83

Banned
Rendering only what the camera (or the eye in VR) can see is the basis of all game engines.

If you are talking about foveated rendering, data still needs to be rendered (although in lower resolution)

I can't see how anything that you said is improved by faster I/O
It wasn`t possible like this before:

Cherno take on Geometry engine:

"Aborting processing of a vortex, if all geometry that uses it is off screen."

Consider geometry engine and SSD speeds with what Tim Sweeny said here:

But you can go on believing this will not make the VR jump be huge. It's up to you. :messenger_sunglasses:

But hey I'm no dev, maybe BGs BGs could share his mind on how big of a jump this will mean to VR.

This is the same person that attacked the dust golem dude and was questioning him about versions of tools used, to conclude basically calling him a fool for "repeating things he doesn't understand".
as if anyone needs to know the dev kit serial number or be an in-house developer to understand what "problems running at 4k/60" means.
I just noticed a pattern, and called it as I saw it. not much more issue than that.
and maybe that hardwaretimes article is wrong. but deflecting to "bu-bu-but exclusives" is not the way to address it technically.

anyway...
He wasn't deflecting. He said its incorrect and gave explanation. The part about games was the answer to his second question . Dont create bullshit like u usually do. I know its difficult to not see a single game running on xsx but doesn't mean we have to put up with ur sadness 😂

Exactly same for me. I just wanna try it due to atmosphere but the hard difficulty is off putting for me. I hope there is a causal mode 👀😂😂

Souls games being super hard is an urban legend.

Yeah they are "hard" if you run and spam one button like in assassins creed.

They are kind of easy if you know the mechanics

I played them in this order
Bloodborne (still havent finished)
DS3
DS2
DS1

With choosing magic user, and just ran naked without armor and never used shields. And dark souls were even easy imo, just had to be careful with my naked mage.

Bloodborne is different thing, kind of difficult and less forgiving, I chose almost pure skills character with cane so maybe that makes it difficult, as I have really low health

So they arent super mega hard, just challening in a good way

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Demon souls new gameplay screens (similar to old pictures but different)

Fuckk it's gorgeous 👀👀👀

YJL4bD1.jpg

MmQ2nFB.jpg

We'll have gameplay of this very soon, I'm sure.

If it's a launch title (which it will be) it'll sell an awful lot of consoles. From Software have sold in excess of 40 million games, and the retention among gamers for their product is huge.

I think they will announce pre orders for consoles and for the first party games too. And it seems those games are due to release in the first 6 months.... damn

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
New Boxart. Launch game imo

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08B2MMSML/

Edit; shitty quality image removed.

Yep. If Amazon are starting to populate the site with product details like this, the game can't be that far off.

And for anyone wondering why this has dropped on Amazon Australia first, it's because the Australian site is often used as a test bed for new features, product descriptions and other information. The service load is a lot less, given that the Australian store is so much smaller than the US or UKs. Stress tests can be performed much easier, if required. Basically, if a listing or feature goes tits up in Australia, it's much easier to fix before a wider rollout.

Last edited:

onesvenus

what data do you need? to know VR has wider FOV then 2D screen so more geometry/textures to render.
I was asking about the "lod is more apparent in VR" thing, nothing else

There is a good sony patent paper on a Mesh type VRS especially for VR wide angle viewing which does things very differently for going FOV 90 to 120. You can find it with google.
I read that. If I recall correctly it doesn't say anything about I/O, which was what he was talking about

But anyway, I suppose I need to have facts instead of believing the claims of a random poster in the internet

Returnal’s description:
After crash-landing on this shape-shifting world, Selene must search through the barren landscape of an ancient civilization for her escape. Isolated and alone, she finds herself fighting tooth and nail for survival. Again and again, she’s defeated – forced to restart her journey every time she dies. Through relentless roguelike gameplay, you’ll discover that just as the planet changes with every cycle, so do the items at your disposal. Every loop offers new combinations, forcing you to push your boundaries and approach combat with a different strategy each time. Brought to life by stunning visual effects, the dark beauty of the decaying world around you is packed with explosive surprises. From high stakes, bullet hell-fuelled combat, to visceral twists and turns through stark and contrasting environments. You’ll explore, discover and fight your way through an unforgiving journey, where mystery stalks your every move. Designed for extreme replayability, the procedural world of Returnal invites you to dust yourself off in the face of defeat and take on new, evolving challenges with every rebirth.

DrDamn

Eric Lempel never said anything about announcing the price at an event or blog, this piece of garbage on twitter twists words, STFU moron Sorano!
Yeah that was a bizarre comment. I'm like, I don't think he ever said that?

Yeah he said this ...

It’s safe to say, we’ll let you know when preorders will happen. We will let you know. It’s not going to happen within minute’s notice. We’re going to let you know, at some point, when you can pre-order PS5. Please don’t feel like you have to run out and line up anywhere until you receive official notice on how that’ll work.

More that there will be notice about when pre-orders will go live.

Yeah he said this ...

More that there will be notice about when pre-orders will go live.

I said this sorona dumbass was twisting words on twitter. I clearly said eric Lempel did mention to Geoff Keighley that they will make things official when the time comes for it, but nowhere in hell did he say Please stay tuned for the announcement in an event or blog etc, period!

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Souls games being super hard is an urban legend.

Yeah they are "hard" if you run and spam one button like in assassins creed.

They are kind of easy if you know the mechanics

I played them in this order
Bloodborne (still havent finished)
DS3
DS2
DS1

With choosing magic user, and just ran naked without armor and never used shields. And dark souls were even easy imo, just had to be careful with my naked mage.

Bloodborne is different thing, kind of difficult and less forgiving, I chose almost pure skills character with cane so maybe that makes it difficult, as I have really low health

So they arent super mega hard, just challening in a good way

People confuse difficulty with patience.

The Souls games are fucking impossible if you approach them the same way you would do an Ubisoft game - where everything is laid out for you on a plate, and the game is designed to be as easy and a fast as possible to get you to the next sequence or microtransaction. They don’t want you taking your time. You might discover how shitty their game design is if you do that.

Souls games are perfectly beatable if you’re prepared to be patient, and learn what you need to do in order to win.

xGreir

Let's get this straight. The consoles will be bottlenecked by what they can render. Period. There is no infinite visuals here. You can't throw movie quality assets in a game with PBR shaders and expect to get a good running game. For every single extra triangle introduced into the graphics pipeline, the GPU has to render it's pixels with shaders that have become extremely complex. Many of you talk like all of this data goes into a vaccum after it's streamed into the GPU's VRAM and outputted to the TV with 0 processing. You continuously avoid the cold hard fact that the GPU is the bottleneck in these consoles.

wow, didn't see it before, soz. Did you really get yourself banned, or...? I mean, it does not surprise me at all, but I don't know for sure xD

Answering your "facts" : Just wtf are you talking about now? And yeah, I'm not being the most gentle one rn, bcs I always see u do the same thing, change the subject.

I didn't talk about high quality assets, even more, what I said was that u CAN downgrade those assets if needed, which are CPU/GPU tasks.

And you know it, but decided to forget about we were talking about the streaming of those assets instead of their quality on purpose.

Heck, we didn't even talk about any bottleneck, but which could hold back the others. I think u don't fully understand what are we talking now....

I don't want to be anymore harsh, so be it, have a nice day.

Last edited:

cudiye

It doesn't say 'Art not final'... Maybe the game is launch after all? I don't see them revealing a cover so far away from release. Same for Sackboy...

Would be FUCKING HUGE to have that amount of games at launch.

hate to break it to you but if it was a launch game, then it wouldve been rated by now; much like Demon souls and spider man morales. Returnal may be a launch window who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom