• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, again, just read the thread you linked before and you will understand the order of things and why i think Tom is more credible than Kleegamer. Not only that, Warren is a journalist with 20 years on the industry with sources direct from Microsoft no? what Kleegamer is? a forum poster just like you and me, who knows some devs?

Uh, wow, Tom Warren is 20 years in gaming industry. Shit man....
Kleegamefan is not a forum poster. He is an ex journalist of Gamefan Magazine launched in 1992.

The article you referenced is old and from June. That might have been true then as far as they knew. Klee doubled down and said Lockhart was still dead, just a few days ago after Tom Warren and Brad Sams said it was not. It's clear his sources are not current and up to date. You believe what YOU want to believe though.

You're not convincing anyone since we have an actual timeline of who said what and when they said it. Cheers.

Doesn't matter how old is. Tom Warren claimed that Lockhart is dead, the same goes for Klee. Btw. learn to read, Klee said "STILL" few days ago

OMG, suddenly Lockhart was resurrected few days after.

So, you'll accept what Tom said, despite he was wrong earlier, but i won't take Tom's statement with huge grain of salt because it does fit my narrative

Last edited:

Lendor

Uh, wow, Tom Warren is 20 years in gaming industry. Shit man....
Kleegamefan is not a forum poster. He is an ex journalist of Gamefan Magazine launched in 1992.
Yeah he's a ex journalist, so why would i believe he got more new info than Warren who is not an ex journalist? Who could have the more fresh sources i wonder...

R600

Banned
Lockhart certainly wasnt resurrected. Tom was most likely fed with BS info from MS, while Klee was making stuff up.

DJ12

Oh ofc. Many people actually said Jason said its more then 10TF because back in March he said both MS and Sony are shooting above Stadia.

Most took it as >10.7TF

But what we know now is that 9.5TF Navi matches 13.5TF Vega, and Navi 2 with VRS and RT would DISSMANTLE it.

So, yes, Scarlett/PS5 will EASILY beat it even with 9TF Navi 2's. Remember, VRS brings 50+% improvement in performance, and even Sparkman has it (Lockhart APU). That hypotetical PS5/Scarlett card would beat 2070 Super, and that is more then anyone could ever imagine tbh.
So after being adamant you knew next gen wouldn't use 'next gen' Navi here we are.

Imagine what else you are adamant you know is wrong.

Yeah he's a ex journalist, so why would i believe he got more new info than Warren who is not an ex journalist? Who could have the more fresh sources i wonder...

The devs with recently received dev kits. You, know, the people which are developing games.

Lockhart certainly wasnt resurrected. Tom was most likely fed with BS info from MS, while Klee was making stuff up.

He was told that Lockhart was dead too. Very specifically

I was specifically told Lockhart is not a thing.

As in, games are not being made for a lower spec Scarlett.

If Tom or anyone else has some credible information that states otherwise, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Sure , whatever you say, i don't want to keep in this useless debate. Like i already said, believe in what you want

I'm sorry it doesn't fit your narrative. Maybe one day next Xbox will be more powerful than PS5. Like it was before. Maybe it will fit your narrative when devs will claim that next Xbox is more powerful than PS5

Yes, I know. But you do not cancell next gen console for 2-3 months and then resurrect it again. If he reported it, and he did, he was fed with BS info.

I see. So,

Klee doesnt know shit, full stop.

Resetera is full of role playing insiders. Remember Cboat, Matt? Lol...

it same goes for "Tom Warren doesn't know shit, full stop"?

Last edited:
No, Tom Warren is proven MS insider who works for Verge. Klee is ex jurno who posts on Resetera.

I see, only MS insiders got a pass and they are proven ( even when they WERE WRONG AND FED WITH BULLSHIT INFO, but that doesn't matter ), but insiders which have dev friends which are developing next-gen games doesn't have a pass and are not proven.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadAnon

No, Tom Warren is proven MS insider who works for Verge. Klee is ex jurno who posts on Resetera.
Ehh... He's more of a MS reporter/shill who likes to pretend he has a ton of inside knowledge. Otherwise he wouldn't spread shady leaks like Arcturus devkits. Does he actually have any case of being a first hand source of major leaks? I can't recall anything. Maybe you could link something?

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
That's the max PSU wattage. Just like launch ps3 had 380w PSU but in reality ps3 consumed under 200w. DF has a video about PS4 pro power consumption. It runs well under 200w under significant load.

How is that different to what can be used though? I mean the GPU could be 200W of it but consumption would then vary based on the games played like the titles R600 posted earlier. And those were all of less demanding games that don’t get the fans cranking like a jet engine.

MaulerX

Doesn't matter how old is. Tom Warren claimed that Lockhart is dead, the same goes for Klee. Btw. learn to read, Klee said "STILL" few days ago

OMG, suddenly Lockhart was resurrected few days after.

So, you'll accept what Tom said, despite he was wrong earlier, but i won't take Tom's statement with huge grain of salt because it does fit my narrative

This is exactly what he said on Tuesday after it was suggested Lockart was still alive:

"OMFG there is no Lockhart!"

All I'm saying is don't take his stuff as gospel. Tom Warren reported it was dead in June but then reported of it's revival. Klee kept saying it was dead. It just means some sources are more accurate than others at the time of writing.

All I'm saying is don't take his stuff as gospel. Tom Warren reported it was dead in June but then reported of it's revival. Klee kept saying it was dead. It just means some sources are more accurate than others at the time of writing.

Same can goes for Tom, hm...when he claimed that Lockhart was dead?

What happened in here? what's all the bickering about?

Maybe from this page :

Last edited:

MadAnon

How is that different to what can be used though? I mean the GPU could be 200W of it but consumption would then vary based on the games played like the titles R600 posted earlier. And those were all of less demanding games that don’t get the fans cranking like a jet engine.

Jump to 5:40

Where's the 300w or even 200w draw for that matter? Spikes near 180w at most during jet engine mode.

310w PSU doesn't mean it will ever draw anywhere close to that much. It doesn't mean the hardware needs 310w to run at full potential as you try to imply. In reality it needs much less - less than 200w.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

DtMCvlR.png

Some advice.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Jump to 5:40

Where's the 300w or even 200w draw for that matter? Spikes near 180w at most during jet engine mode.

310w PSU doesn't mean it will ever draw anywhere close to that much.

That’s my point though.
Max power consumption can be increased from R600’s estimates as it doesn’t mean it will be used just like with the Pro.

Last edited:
OG PS3 was a 200W console and it didn't have nearly as many vents as the PS5 prototypes/dev kits. Maybe Sony is targeting a higher TDP this time around.

Back when PS3 was released, cooling systems were less elaborate than today. We didn't even have 300W GPUs.

Improved yields and more refined 7nm EUV lithography could also help. 3950X has higher specs (more cores/MHz) than 3900X and yet, it consumes less power than 3900X. As yields improve, they'll be able to produce more of those.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I would never, to be specific the FF2400 will be > 10. You can book that, but no one said anything about 12 or even 11. At this point in time I highly doubt they're going to tune in the opposite direction of what is in developers hands.

Edited to add: Only a very few are out which is where I fucked up. So yea.
but why play games with us and have us waste hours only to find out that your riddle said 'scarlett is out in the wild'. thats super lame.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I would never, to be specific the FF2400 will be > 10. You can book that but no one said anything about 12 or even 11. At this point in time I highly doubt they're going to tune in the opposite direction of what is in developers hands.

So Scarlett is < 11 but greater than 10, what about the PS5?

onQ123

I would never, to be specific the FF2400 will be > 10. You can book that, but no one said anything about 12 or even 11. At this point in time I highly doubt they're going to tune in the opposite direction of what is in developers hands.

So you been telling us stuff we already knew?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Last edited:

MadAnon

That’s my point though.
Max power consumption can be increased from R600’s estimates as it doesn’t mean it will be used just like with the Pro.
Pro hardware doesn't use all that power PSU can feed because it's not capable to even use it. The hardware just isn't that power hungry when running at it's max. What don't you get? It runs in 170s at max gaming loads. If you put in much more power hungry hardware it would draw much more than 170w and also produce much more heat. 40 CU reference 5700xt card draws well over 200w at 80+ degrees under gaming loads. Now add CPU cores, more CUs to the APU and you have a furnace. You would need some serious cooling but the compact, light, cheap home console design can allow only so much.

Last edited:

Bodatan

Banned
Lockhart is awesome, imagine the next gen console at 299-349$ price point plus gamepass 😯💪 awesome stuff.

No wonder a lot of people were mad at that news because it will definitely be the best selling next gen console at the start of the new gen era.

Norse

Some of you people need to stop confusing leaks/rumors as fact. And then shoving it in others faces as such. RELAX

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Pro hardware doesn't use all that power PSU can feed because it's not capable to even use it. The hardware just isn't that power hungry when running at it's max. What don't you get? It runs in 170s at max gaming loads. If you put in much more power hungry hardware it would draw much more than 170w and also produce much more heat. 40 CU reference 5700xt card draws well over 200w at 80+ degrees under gaming loads. Now add CPU cores, more CUs to the APU and you have a furnace. You would need some serious cooling but the compact, light, cheap home console design can allow only so much.

You’re not accounting for the huge heat reduction from 16nm to 7nm+

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Lockhart is awesome, imagine the next gen console at 299-349$ price point plus gamepass 😯💪 awesome stuff.

No wonder a lot of people were mad at that news because it will definitely be the best selling next gen console at the start of the new gen era.

It’s not the imaginary price or sales tales from the arse people are concerned about.

It’s a 4-6TF “next-gen” limp they are concerned when it comes to the lowest common denominator for building games.

Enough with the wars bullshit.

Last edited:

Bodatan

Banned
It’s not the imaginary price or sales tales from the arse people are concerned about.

It’s a 4-6TF “next-gen” limp they are concerned when it comes to the lowest common denominator for building games.

Enough with the wars bullshit.
Grow up then. If you want power go buy RTX2080Ti instead of bitching about 4tf nonsense.

Going by your logic every devs should develop their games with RTX2080ti in their mind instead of virgin amd gpu.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom