• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skycadia Demo
  2. Momentus DEMO
  3. Dungeon Scavenger Inferno Demo
  4. PHOGS! Demo
  5. Rover Wars : Battle for Mars Demo
  6. Freshly Frosted Demo
  7. Cake Bash Demo
  8. Ars Fabulae Demo
Stopped at 8, smells like arse. How can you fit 60 demos in 60 minutes? 🤷‍♂️ It's a random troll posting it on pastebin to laugh about people spreading it later. Thanks for sharing anyway.
I think he's refering to these demos, not the ones on the Xbox event:

We’ll have more than 60 brand-new game demos for upcoming, unreleased Xbox games available to check out for free!

Last edited:

nikolino840

1. Skycadia Demo
  2. Momentus DEMO
  4. PHOGS! Demo
  6. Freshly Frosted Demo
  7. Cake Bash Demo
  8. Ars Fabulae Demo
Stopped at 8, smells like arse. How can you fit 60 demos in 60 minutes? 🤷‍♂️ It's a random troll posting it on pastebin to laugh about people spreading it later. Thanks for sharing anyway.
I t
Not the Xbox show event

Edited

Last edited:

nikolino840

I think is for this event
Not the Xbox show event
Mmmh....why the arab letters? Lol,i have looked on Google the Xbox event to post the link..are you arab don't you? Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem ? Whats written?

And is a dead end...open the Xbox wire page but is a 404

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Mmmh....why the arab letters? Lol,i have looked on Google the Xbox event to post the link..are you arab don't you? Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem ? Whats written?

I thought you were Arab by posting that. It says "Redirect Notice" meaning a link that's sending you outside this website, like a protection against spam/viruses that can be posted randomly in forums and other websites? If you click on it you get this message:

The page you were on is trying to send you to https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/07/01/summer-game-fest-demo-event-xbox/amp/L.

If you do not want to visit that page, you can return to the previous page.

Seems like google has some beef with xbox official website. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

EDIT: Ok guys, gonna miss you for a while. Time for some Samurai.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sinthor

Gold Member
  1. Skycadia Demo
  2. Momentus DEMO
  4. PHOGS! Demo
  6. Freshly Frosted Demo
  7. Cake Bash Demo
  8. Ars Fabulae Demo

Yeah, I call BS on this as well (and you guys made me stop playing Ghost of Tsushima for a BS list of Xbox games! :) ). No way they would put THAT many games into a showcase, first of all. Secondly...I mean really...NO HALO? Not. Gonna. Happen. MS knows the Xbox fans are DEPENDING on Halo Infinite. Naw...this is a BS list from someone who either mistakenly thinks it will really hype up Xbox fans or... (more likely) someone trying to trigger Xbox fans if they can get them to believe this might be real. MS will do better than this. I'd bet on it.

FeiRR

Banned
Yeah, I call BS on this as well (and you guys made me stop playing Ghost of Tsushima for a BS list of Xbox games! :) ). No way they would put THAT many games into a showcase, first of all. Secondly...I mean really...NO HALO? Not. Gonna. Happen. MS knows the Xbox fans are DEPENDING on Halo Infinite. Naw...this is a BS list from someone who either mistakenly thinks it will really hype up Xbox fans or... (more likely) someone trying to trigger Xbox fans if they can get them to believe this might be real. MS will do better than this. I'd bet on it.
It's probably another Xbox Inside contents, not the next week show. Remember? Xbox people streaming their bedrooms in terrible quality.

Last edited:

ToadMan

I wondered about that too. Hadn't MS gotten RID of most of their first party developers and just started acquiring again a year or two ago? If so...going to take a while for those new studios to come up with product, especially next gen product. Just wonder if maybe that has something to do with it? I dunno.

It certainly does have everything to do with it.

Of those 14 studios MS has now, 9 were either acquired or set up since 2018.

It takes around 5 years to put out a AAA product.

That’s where Phil is getting the “couple more years of cross gen” from. There won’t be any AAA games for next gen from XGS until 2023.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member

That’s where Phil is getting the “couple more years of cross gen” from. There won’t be any AAA games for next gen from XGS until 2023.
But how many of those studios were just finished with a game or already working on a new one?

FeiRR

Banned

I wonder how many of those studios will ever produce AAA content. As their strategy is heavily focused on Game Pass, releasing AA titles sounds like a much better idea from the financial point of view. If you can't ask $60 (or now even more) for a game, you have to plan your budget accordingly. I think we can already see it in their strategy and social messaging. I expect to see one, maybe two AAA games being announced next week. The rest will be lower tier.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how many of those studios will ever produce AAA content. As their strategy is heavily focused on Game Pass, releasing AA titles sounds like a much better idea from the financial point of view. If you can't ask $60 (or now even more) for a game, you have to plan your budget accordingly. I think we can already see it in their strategy and social messaging. I expect to see one, maybe two AAA games being announced next week. The rest will be lower tier.
I think it will be a good balance between them. Only two AAA games seems very very low. We've already got Halo, we'll definitely see a new Forza, and maybe Fable. The Coalition is a AAA studio, the same goes for The Initiative. AAA is depending on the budget, right? In that case Rare is also a AAA studio with all the money they've put in Sea of Thieves.

I do believe that there will be AA games, because we also need them. But we'll definitely see enough AAA games next week.

But how many of those studios were just finished with a game or already working on a new one?
Hmm lets see
343 Industries: Still developing Halo Infinite
Compulsion Games: They might have something in the works, their last game release was We Happy Few in 2018
Double Fine: Still developing Psychonauts 2
inXile Entertainment: Still developing Wasteland 3
Ninja Theory: Currently developing Hellblade 2
Playground Games: Supposedly developing an RPG game (Maybe Fable)
Rare: Currently developing Everwild and helping on Battletoads
The Coalition: Probably working on Gears of War 6
Turn 10: Probably developing a new Forza
The Initiative: Working on a high budget AAA game, still unknown
Undead Labs: Probably working on a new State of Decay
Obsidian Entertainment: Currently working on Grounded, there are rumors of a second team working on another big project
Mojang and World's Edge are dedicated to Minecraft and Age of Empires

So we have 12 studios left, We have 6 of them (343, inXile, Double Fine, Obsidian, Rare and Ninja Theory) working on already announced projects. It's pretty safe to say Turn 10 and The Coalition are working on Forza and Gears of War. So that leaves us with 4 studios that haven't announced their next project (Playground Games, The Initiative, Compulsion Games and Undead Labs) I think at least two of them are big AAA games and those could be some of the surprises the Xbox event will have, plus other second party games.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm lets see
Compulsion Games: They might have something in the works, their last game release was We Happy Few in 2018
Obsidian Entertainment: Currently working on Grounded, there are rumors of a second team working on another big project

So we have 12 studios left, We have 6 of them (343, inXile, Double Fine, Obsidian, Rare and Ninja Theory) working on already announced projects. It's pretty safe to say Turn 10 and The Coalition are working on Forza and Gears of War. So that leaves us with 4 studios that haven't announced their next project (Playground Games, The Initiative, Compulsion Games and Undead Labs) I think at least two of them are big AAA games and those could be some of the surprises the Xbox event will have, plus other second party games.
Great list, thanks for that.

An expansion though, doesn't Playground Games have two studios? 1 developing a new RPG and the other developing Forza Horizon still? But based on that list I can see their studios launch 2-3 games every year. Within the first 2 years probably Halo, Forza, Hellblade 2, Grounded, and AoE.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Hmm lets see

Age of Empires 4 is mainly being developed externally by Relic Entertainment. As far as I can tell World's Edge operates more as management for the whole franchise and additional support for a select list of minor releases handled to smaller developers (like the HD remakes of the old games), so I don't know if I'd consider it an actual "studio" in the traditional sense of the term with one main big game they focus most of their resources on at any given time.

I think in a few hours we are going to be hearing how the Dualsense is already dated because Xbox controller has been using adaptive triggers and haptic feedback since 2013 (which is obviously not the case, rumble triggers ≠ adaptive triggers and rumble motors ≠ voice coil actuators). More misinformation and FUD probably coming from the usual suspects so I want to make clear that point before it happens.

geordiemp

Great list, thanks for that.

An expansion though, doesn't Playground Games have two studios? 1 developing a new RPG and the other developing Forza Horizon still? But based on that list I can see their studios launch 2-3 games every year. Within the first 2 years probably Halo, Forza, Hellblade 2, Grounded, and AoE.

I just want to see what Zen2 can do for games when games target that CPU. Even the ps5 presentation we only really saw Ratchet and clank throwing around lots of enemies, particles and descruction in gameplay but that was it. Everything else was Cinematic - maybe I am being impatient.

Interested in Fable and Hellblade mainly, I like shooters but lets face it there are allot of them so I dont get too pumped for another and most dont measure to the gameplay loop I get from COD multoiplayer but thats just me.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
I think in a few hours we are going to be hearing how the Dualsense is already dated because Xbox controller has been using adaptive triggers and haptic feedback since 2013 (which is obviously not the case, rumble triggers ≠ adaptive triggers and rumble motors ≠ voice coil actuators). More misinformation and FUD probably coming from the usual suspects so I want to make clear that point before it happens.

Also comments and praise that DS almost cure cancer from the usual suspects on the other end of the spectrum.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Xbox Series X And PS5’s Raw Power Is Not As Important As How Devs Will Use It – The Initiative Dev

There is more raw power (referring to the Xbox Series X), that’s for sure, and you can push more when you have more power,” Garcia said. “But at the same time, ultimately, like you said, they are pretty evenly matched.

“I think the way you have to look at this is that there is a generation jump that is moving in the same direction for both consoles, I would even say this will apply to Nintendo. And it will come down not so much to the raw power they are going to have, but what the teams are going to do with that power. And I think they’re evenly matched because from an architecture point of view, both will allow the same kinds of fundamental changes to the way we do things in games.

“So I don’t think the big difference will be in how much more powerful it is, but rather in what we do with this new powerline.”

Hmm lets see

Thanks for the list.
Few questions about Psychonauts 2. Didn't they do a crowdfunding for this? Did they refund the backers? Is it still multiplat?
Battletoads was announced at E3 2018(?) and still not out... 🤦‍♂️

adaptive triggers, haptic feedback are different things. Xbox guys other daddy digital foundry already described the difference. DS have built in mic. DS5 has much more innovative tech. There's no talking points. Their go to source already shut the comparison down. Devs have already raved about the controller.There is no debate here.

PS guys are playing Ghost. And now this DS later today. Just going to keep it PS and enjoy the next few months. As PS5 marketing is in full motion now that ghost is out. After work Im going to take my time & play through ghost.No rushing as there's no more elite games dropping. Elden Ring is nowhere to be seen.There's no 3rd party games to buy.Only thing left is my back log.

geordiemp

Framerate vs visuals I guess?

All 3rd party stuff announced so far is same on both next gen consoles.

Anybody expecting small power differences (12-10 TF - 20 % GPU speed and other small differences) is going to be disappointed and DF will be focussed on quality fo reflections in puddles for the next 5 years.

My prediction : Next gen will be Puddlegate (and what you can see on that shiny car by slowly moving around). :messenger_beaming:

sircaw

Banned
All 3rd party stuff announced so far is same on both next gen consoles.

Anybody expecting small power differences (12-10 TF - 20 % GPU speed and other small differences) is going to be disappointed and DF will be focussed on quality fo reflections in puddles for the next 5 years.

My prediction : Next gen will be Puddlegate (and what you can see on that shiny car by slowly moving around). :messenger_beaming:

I was involved in puddle-gate once, my newly wed parents were not very happy.:messenger_grimmacing_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom