• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGs

Industry Professional
Good morning. I find myself better (who may be interested).

Today is already tomorrow.

Well, today is the day the net will burn.

It will be necessary for all of you to take a lot of a medication that Solid Snake took when using the Sniper (you know, Diaze...).

It will be necessary for all of you to take a lot of a medication that Solid Snake took when using the Sniper (you know, Diaze...).
Hype

SSfox

Should I take this as MGS remake hint?

Good to see going better, take care

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
O hope Sony will release something else than Dad Simulators 2020.

8gt8UtP.jpg

Look I’ll just say it, if Sony releases a 9.2tf (hear me out) system with next gen architecture, fast SSD, modern SX matching cpu and 16gb gddr6.... there is no way in hell they wouldn’t win hands down. They have the talent to make that system shine, but not only that, the price point would be much lower.

It would be an insane strategy that would win hands down.

it is my belief that Sony set out to make a $400 system. Thats the sweet spot that caused them to have such a successful gen with the ps4. Im PRETTY sure the suits over there would have loved to undercut MS by $100 again. It is the most logical scenario. If they elected to try to beat MS in power and go $499+ then they have bigger balls than i give them credit for.

with all that said im going

9.2tf
cpu @3.4ghz
faster ssd
16gb ram (possibly upped to 20gh in response to MS, although with current ram prices this is unlikely)

and im prepared to have crow for lunch

Last edited:

husomc

No matter what happens today the PS5 wins in hardware sales anyways, because of xCloud, Pc Ports and Game Pass. Even if Sony announces a pink 6TF PS5 and say they hate all fanboys.
You mean like the time Sony said their fans should get a 2nd job to be able to afford a PS3 ? I wonder if that comment had any repurcussions sales wise

Mriverz

Will Tommy Fisher do 3 peat and reign supreme as the most hated/loved insider as he sits upon the leakers throne?!
Will OB and his many riddles/12.4 make his doubters end up eating crows from the corpses of the githubbers?!
Will the Pigeon King flock away with his 11.6 prediction?!!
Will the Githubbers finally admit defeat and bend the knee?!
Has Heisenberg littlefinger been holding the true cards all along?!!
All this and more!! on Game of Leaks!! (New Neogaf Tv fantasy soap opera)

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
  1. 214k - PS5 in holiday 2020
  2. 147k - Santa Monica Kratos Gif
  3. 129k - Ape Escape 20th year anniversary
  4. 120k - PlayStation PS5 details reveal announcement
  5. 105k - Naughty Dog TLOU Part II reveal PSX 2016
  6. 103k - Neil Druckmann TLOU Part II shooting finished
  7. 96k - PlayStation Japan PS5 in holiday 2020
  8. 90k - PlayStation Japan Valentine's Day 2019
  9. 87k - HBO TLOU Series announcement
  10. 85k - PlayStation ID change feature release

giphy.gif
Not sure if this is a joke... "pie_tears_joy:

Glad to hear you are better . Cerny is landimg the monster in 6 hours man .haha

Where is your gif when I need it ? (The one where cerny lands the monster )

Any hints for us ? 11+?

xacto

Look I’ll just say it, if Sony releases a 9.2tf (hear me out) system with next gen architecture, fast SSD, modern SX matching cpu and 16gb gddr6.... there is no way in hell they wouldn’t win hands down. They have the talent to make that system shine, but not only that, the price point would be much lower.

It would be an insane strategy that would win hands down.

Indeed, and I am absolutely sure that apart from the highest-strung Sony fanboys, you won't see many people migrating to the "other side" because of that. People would still buy it, while Sony will bank a lot of money in the process too.

But I am not sure Sony will undercut Microsoft too hard no matter what, this is not how things work in capitalism anymore, if they ever worked like that. Compare competition in any field, automotive, electronics, no matter where you look, the prices are comparable. It's what a company OFFERS for a price that is mostly the same (and products as well) as their competitors' that will sell a certain product.

Indeed, and I am absolutely sure that apart from the highest-strung Sony fanboys, you won't see many people migrating to the "other side" because of that. People would still buy it, while Sony will bank a lot of money in the process too.

But I am not sure Sony will undercut Microsoft too hard no matter what, this is not how things work in capitalism anymore, if they ever worked like that. Compare competition in any field, automotive, electronics, no matter where you look, the prices are comparable. It's what a company OFFERS for a price that is mostly the same (and products as well) as their competitors' that will sell a certain product.
So your genius idea is that sony will sell a 9 tf console same price as 12 tf xsx console because sony fans are dumb and don't care ? Talking about a fanboy trying to act neutral lol .

Moses85

Rhetorical question? Or Soliloquy?

If PS5 was weaker... why would devs vote saying it's their most exciting console to work on in 2020?
In 2013, they voted PS4 over Xbox One also?
What does this mean?
What does this mean?
It can be the most exciting since 20 years if it can bring wold peace or makes the world CO2 free.

zubairali2

gutted that i was supposed to start my job this week but covid-19 has ruined that :( staying home sucks!

im glad there's offficial ps5 information today, something that will at least put a smile on my face for now.

Last edited:

I hope you get better soon. I live in Valencia and at the moment I touch wood. Do you think today will be a day of joy or rather of disappointment?

xacto

So your genius idea is that sony will sell a 9 tf console same price as 12 tf xsx console because sony fans are dumb and don't care ? Talking about a fanboy trying to act neutral lol .

You're completely missing the point of my reply, but it's ok, expectations are low to begin with.

I still can’t get over how little has changed in the SX controller... That’s one area Sony have really one upped MS, if nothing else. I actually think the new SX controller looks boring compared to the current one even... So weird.
Yeah, definitely the one thing from the whole reveal that left me a bit disappointed. They sticked too much to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" formula.

zubairali2

I still can’t get over how little has changed in the SX controller... That’s one area Sony have really one upped MS, if nothing else. I actually think the new SX controller looks boring compared to the current one even... So weird.

i agree but as long as they fix the bumpers and dpad, its pretty solid.

manzo

Nitero silicon
72cu 13TF+RT cores
24GB 16GB hbm2e + 8GB ddr4
CPU 3.4ghz smt
4GB/s SSD
100GB bluray
ARM cpu background tasks

Nice guess, but 4 SE engines is waaay too much for a 380mm silicon.

I still don't buy the HBM rumour. It's going to be GDDR6 and no more than 20.

Where did the Nitero term pop up? I've now seen it in a few places.

Yea thats weird .its like they completely forgot about it . Atleast it has share button now .How's the directional buttons shaped like that ?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I don’t think there will be any stupid heart sensor bollocks to drive cost up, and there won’t be a screen either (though the touch pad popping off for a screen replacement is a cool idea). But the triggers being the way they are, as well as motion control, a possible mic, a speaker...

I mean...what are MS controller division even doing? Not one new thing added other than a dpad that looks like it will hurt your thumb, and a share button that should have been there in the first place... bonkers...

Neo Blaster

The whole PS5 having only 36 CUs because of BC rumor made absolutely no sense to me when Microsoft proved they can offer full BC with current gen games with more CUs on the Die than XB1X.

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow so everyone who believed that rumor can take a break from these forums.
PS4 Pro itself was already a proof, its GPU has 36 CUs while base console has 18.

I don’t think there will be any stupid heart sensor bollocks to drive cost up, and there won’t be a screen either (though the touch pad popping off for a screen replacement is a cool idea). But the triggers being the way they are, as well as motion control, a possible mic, a speaker...

I mean...what are MS controller division even doing? Not one new thing added other than a dpad that looks like it will hurt your thumb, and a share button that should have been there in the first place... bonkers...
Yea the heart sensor or sweat sensor is just bs patent that will never see the light of the day. Haptic feed back like switch would be cool also as it has different sensation depending on the situation compared to the rumble motors samey feeling

FranXico

You really think so? I think the DS4 got Sony up to date in terms of ergonomics, but it just became a viable alternative to the Xbox controller, it isn't that much better (except maybe for the d-pad).

xool

:shakes head

Really not feeling the same. The DS4 is already a bundle of features that are useless or never even got used properly. People were talking about a camera, a screen, a mic.. pls no

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
You really think so? I think the DS4 got Sony up to date in terms of ergonomics, but it just became a viable alternative to the Xbox controller, it isn't that much better (except maybe for the d-pad).

I prefer the Xbox controller, but I like the ps4 one, so yeah. It’s just shocking they just didn’t pay any attention to the controller at all.

I was at least expecting motion control, you know? Because that’s pretty awesome in the switch. But... nothing. A share button, a new dpad, a few dimples on the triggers, smaller and removed top ridge... that seems really lazy to me. Just IMO of course, but it seems like such a waste of time, and so backwards

Now in the flip side, the feature of the ps5 controller may not be even used that much. Nobody uses the touch pad at all, the speaker I’ve only heard a couple of times etc. And those feedback triggers, they just sound like they would annoy me after a while, and would be turned off.

But still... you have to give sony credit for improving an already good foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom