• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Res Evil 5 screens

Somedays I dream of creating an ignore list with the idiots who post "not impressive" or "not next-gen" in every topic.

SHUT
THE
FUCK UP

Its like fucking IGN here sometimes.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I'd prefer Jill too. I don't know why, but I get the feeling she'll be a second playable character in this.

raYne said:
...Some people just shouldn't be allowed to make comparisons.

vortal_pic_148500.jpg

resident-evil-5-20050722055032234.jpg

typhonsentra said:
It isn't just that. The gun has less detail too, and the image looks grainier now too.

The gun is less detailed because it's farther away from the camera. :lol

As for the grain... dunno.

The new one looks grainier because it is scanned :p

As for the stubble, I imagine it's only fully rendered when his face is close to the camera. The LOD might need some tuning :p

or maybe as the game progresses, the character grows facial hair/gets scars/etc? I originally intended for that to be a joke... but it actually sounds kind of cool now that I think about it. :D
That should be do-able next gen, right?

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
OR....JUST OR, the first shots were pre-rendered and the shots we see now are how it will look when we are playing it. Youd think people would have learned from madden.

is that carlos?
or could it be a new character?

hey capcom, how about making a RE game with every character in it? I want to see what happened to barry, sherry, billy, rebecca and jill

edit: look at the size of the guys arm.... a drastiuc change from the pretty-boy Leon

..pakbeka.. said:
is that carlos?
or could it be a new character?

hey capcom, how about making a RE game with every character in it? I want to see what happened to barry, sherry, billy, rebecca and jill

edit: look at the size of the guys arm.... a drastiuc change from the pretty-boy Leon

Leon might be somewhat of a pretty boy, but he's the type that would kick your ass! Leon was the man in RE4.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Leon might be somewhat of a pretty boy, but he's the type that would kick your ass! Leon was the man in RE4.

I know, he was pretty awesome, however considering the carachter design, I think it's the first time a RE character looks like that, normally they are pretty yound and don't have oversized arms

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
krypt0nian said:
Somedays I dream of creating an ignore list with the idiots who post "not impressive" or "not next-gen" in every topic.

You never forget the first time you reach a page in a thread where every post is ignored.

E3 2005 THE SHIELD WALL MUST HOLD

or maybe as the game progresses, the character grows facial hair/gets scars/etc? I originally intended for that to be a joke... but it actually sounds kind of cool now that I think about it.

It was doable this gen. But I'd love to see horror game hero/ines to look like they actually have gone through hell and back by the end of the game (SH3 faked it a little, which was a great touch). Or look curiously untouched because the player's an S-rank mofo.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
..pakbeka.. said:
I know, he was pretty awesome, however considering the carachter design, I think it's the first time a RE character looks like that, normally they are pretty yound and don't have oversized arms

I don't know Barry looks like he could put a nice strangle hold on somebody. Billy had that redneck look down pat right down the wife beater and slightly toned Triceps. This new guy is almost too buff to be law-enforement. More of a action-movie star if you ask me. I am now convinced that most of what we saw before was CG and will not look as good as that close-up of Enchrisico.

Ramirez

The top pic looks more like a painting or something to me,doesn't look like a game,especially compared to the bottom shot...

Aren't all these shots "new" and old from the same damn trailer?! And people are wondering if this is the "real thing" compared to the old "CG"? People really can't tell the difference anymore, the only thing is color saturation and contrast compared to the original promo released shot.

Ceb

What "new guy"? It's definitely Chris. The pic in the darker area seals the deal. Perhaps that's why they removed a bit of the stubble - to make him more recognizable? Or because it was a pain in the ass to model? :D

Ceb said:
What "new guy"? It's definitely Chris. The pic in the darker area seals the deal. Perhaps that's why they removed a bit of the stubble - to make him more recognizable? Or because it was a pain in the ass to model? :D

Yep, here he is in REmake

rezzy1.jpg

You can see similarities in the face, the difference being age and facial hair.

It appears just be be the scanning quality, but looking at this game now I'm notiving a lot of flaws I didn't see when this game was first shown. Maybe because in the trailer, there's only a split second where you can see the entire Chris model close up.

I remember that room being almost totally dark in the first trailer, so you couldn't really see the boxes in the background.

Ceb

It's funny how quickly the REmake models have ceased to look awesome. :D Graphical progress is a bitch.

Whoever said they can't tell the difference between prerendered CG and otherwise anymore, I hear ya. I'm one of em..

If its the same model in those different parts of the trailer, then the parts that impressed me visually were the close up high-LOD bits like that shot with the gun there. The lighting is so much better in that second shot, his skin and stubble make it genuinely look like two different faces to me. Its not like what we see there is part of a game anyway, they're going to be working on it for a year or more now - and it was just a teaser trailer, so maybe they didn't have to worry about model consistency? Or hell, maybe its just the two different environments making the model look different I don't know.

Both shots look great, but the character definately looks different in each of them.

radioheadrule83 said:
Whoever said they can't tell the difference between prerendered CG and otherwise anymore, I hear ya. I'm one of em..

If its the same model in those different parts of the trailer, then the parts that impressed me visually were the close up high-LOD bits like that shot with the gun there. The lighting is so much better in that second shot, his skin and stubble make it genuinely look like two different faces to me. Its not like what we see there is part of a game anyway, they're going to be working on it for a year or more now - and it was just a teaser trailer, so maybe they didn't have to worry about model consistency? Or hell, maybe its just the two different environments making the model look different I don't know.

Both shots look great, but the character definately looks different in each of them.

The body shot involves a heavier shadowed area, you can see in the trailer when he stands out it the sun, the lighting is much higher and even see the zoom in on the character .

If past RE games are any indication, this game might even go through 2 even 3 revisions before the final product. As for the working on 1 year or so on this, I wish, but this was considered like along the likes of 3 years from now making it like 3rd generation next gen software.

So very very far away.... :(

Vlad

TheJollyCorner said:
or maybe as the game progresses, the character grows facial hair/gets scars/etc? I originally intended for that to be a joke... but it actually sounds kind of cool now that I think about it. :D

Sands of Time did that, to a certain extent. The prince would discard articles of clothing as they got damaged, and I seem to recall him looking a little worn as the game progressed. Of course, it was all scripted to happen at certain parts of the game, but it was still there.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Mallrat83 said:
She is so damn hot. Terrible actress, but damn she's hot.

Yea. She was the best part of the film, hands down.

I actually enjoyed her in it, thought she was good for the character.

I hope they use her more in RE3 movie.

raYne

Ceb said:
Dude, look at his stubble. It's different.
Real-time stubble growth ties into the emotional state of your character! Watch as some "zombies" try to kill you while others give you fashion tips! Who to shoot first?!.. and even more exciting.. How do you tell the difference?!

STARS! STARS!
MAKEOVER! MAKEOVER!

Next-gen is here!

Pimpwerx

It's the same fucking model from the same fucking trailer. Jesus. First of all, the trailer was from a screen. I don't know if there was a direct-feed for a while. Even then, one is a scan, the other is a direct-feed shot. One is in the shade and further away, and the other is the sun and close-up. I don't think any of these shots are from any new builds. I mean, why would Capcom make a new demo with the same damn setting just to reduce the models? Same model, same trailer, stop nitpicking something so obvious. PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
It's the same fucking model from the same fucking trailer. Jesus. First of all, the trailer was from a screen. I don't know if there was a direct-feed for a while. Even then, one is a scan, the other is a direct-feed shot. One is in the shade and further away, and the other is the sun and close-up. I don't think any of these shots are from any new builds. I mean, why would Capcom make a new demo with the same damn setting just to reduce the models? Same model, same trailer, stop nitpicking something so obvious. PEACE.
Thank you. :)

Top Bottom