• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

prwxv3

As a Nintendo fan, this literally makes me sick. SSB is a staple of Nintendo, and it's not right for another company to basically copy and paste the game and call it their own. Hopefully Nintendo will sue or something, because this is so wrong.

This thread is glorious.

rikichi

As a Nintendo fan, this literally makes me sick. SSB is a staple of Nintendo, and it's not right for another company to basically copy and paste the game and call it their own. Hopefully Nintendo will sue or something, because this is so wrong.

i totally agree brah

ReaperXL7

My issue with it really is Sonys library of characters. Outside of a few none of them fit into a SSB style game. Kratos would be ripping off peoples heads and shitting down their throats.

As someone who ususally likes Sony's characters over nintendos first party characters I don't really see the issue here.

As for the bolded.....Whats wrong with that?

saw some of the footage when they went to commercial break. looks like a smash bros. clone alright!

and it wouldn't be gaf if people weren't rabbling about something being a rip off! it could be an identical clone and if sony is going to add HD graphics and decent online play then it's already better than the real smash bros

Mxrz

We are going to need a PASBR VS SSB garbage thread REAL quick.

Too late. Maybe a wall of shame or something. So many bitter tears already.

LBP level <3

Perfect.

botty

Banned

Oh!

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

rdrr gnr

This is tag-worthy.

Huff

Banned

:lol

Emitan

Please be sarcasm...

prince-disapoint-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-71.gif

SykoTech

3rd parties, knew it. Not sure why so many people doubted it in here, it was obvious.

Hmmm....nope. Can't tell if this is serious or not.

KillGore

come, tell me more about your anger.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"

OH MAN!..LOL..OHHHHH MAN HE IS HEATED!!!!!

Kyon

Banned

scaled.php

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Hm. Great to see characters like Fat Princess and Sly making it into a game like this. And of course, Parappa! It's great to see under-utalized franchises get a chance to make a staple in a genre of gaming that'll get guarenteed play for so long.

The Smash Ripoff stuff is what makes it most promising, really. So many imitators get those elements WRONG, and the games feel disjointed and cluttered for it.

Compared to Smash, the world and "fun" feels very subdue'd and boring. Nothing "pops", it all just looks kinda muted. BUT the action and ideas seem fun. Makes me appreciate Smash's art more than ever, but this has room to exist as it is, too. It feels more "serious", and hopefully, the gameplay reflects this too.

No PS3 for me now, but could have one by the time this game comes out. A good mix of characters I loved in the PS1 and 2 days make it desireable, even for someone who doesn't care as much for PS3's exclusive stuff.

So now, Xbox is the only one without a franchise arena brawler... maybe they'll make one that's similiar to Powerstone ;) I'm suprised noone took the powerstone 2 mold and ran with it, but maybe Korean free online brawlers kinda did... still surprised no console games tried it. The perfect game style for multiplayer online chaos.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason

I hope this is a joke post.

The hate for this game already is amusing.

Yes, it's apparently a Smash Bros clone (I still haven't seen it yet).

Thing is, as a Nintendo fan, Smash Bros was like nostalgia being injected into my veins. But get this, as a PlayStation fan, I've been DYING for Sony to leverage their history of really awesome franchises and pull a Smash Bros. I'm HAPPY about this game.

It must really suck to be so far up a particular console manuracturer's ass that you can't see beyond it and respect that maybe, just maybe, PlayStation fans love and adore PS franchises in the same way that Nintendo fans love and adore Nintendo franchises, despite the PS franchises not having the same recognition as a Mario.

I grew up on Nintendo. My 80's and 90's were dominated by them. I owe them my gaming youth.

I grew into a teen and an adult on PlayStation. My late 90's to the present were dominated by them. I owe them KEEPING me gaming well beyond my teens, and now into my mid 30's.

This game is going to tickle the same nostalgia senses that Smash Bros Melee did for me. It's going to be awesome.

Don't like it, hey, guess what, you don't have to buy it or play it. Sony has plenty of developers, making plenty of other games that may suit your fancy.

This is pretty much my stance. I'm gonna play the shit of this game.

FINALBOSS

Banned
If you watch that cam footage and don't know it's Sony you would think it's a Smash Brothers game. Fuck it though. Every other game that has copied that formula has kind of sucked and this looks cool.

Ya it definitely doesn't seem like a direct feed. The colors look washed out.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Perhaps a capcom character is in it like Mega Man since the InFamous guy was in SFxT

kuYuri

This is approaching FFXIII betrayalton.

Degen

Your avatar makes me think you're serious. Please be serious.

Averon

Bwhahahaha!

And here we go!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fat Princess = Peach

KingK

wtf are you guys bitching about?

Who didn't expect this to be a SSB clone? Why wouldn't you WANT it to be a SSB clone? It's a tried and true formula. Make it identical for all I care, just let me play as Sony characters and I'm good.

The hate for this game already is amusing.

Yes, it's apparently a Smash Bros clone (I still haven't seen it yet).

Thing is, as a Nintendo fan, Smash Bros was like nostalgia being injected into my veins. But get this, as a PlayStation fan, I've been DYING for Sony to leverage their history of really awesome franchises and pull a Smash Bros. I'm HAPPY about this game.

It must really suck to be so far up a particular console manuracturer's ass that you can't see beyond it and respect that maybe, just maybe, PlayStation fans love and adore PS franchises in the same way that Nintendo fans love and adore Nintendo franchises, despite the PS franchises not having the same recognition as a Mario.

I grew up on Nintendo. My 80's and 90's were dominated by them. I owe them my gaming youth.

I grew into a teen and an adult on PlayStation. My late 90's to the present were dominated by them. I owe them KEEPING me gaming well beyond my teens, and now into my mid 30's.

This game is going to tickle the same nostalgia senses that Smash Bros Melee did for me. It's going to be awesome.

Don't like it, hey, guess what, you don't have to buy it or play it. Sony has plenty of developers, making plenty of other games that may suit your fancy.

This this this! I grew up on Nintendo and Sony. I've been hungering for this game for the better part of 10 years!

zroid

Banned
LMAO this looks even more like Smash Bros. than I would have ever expected.

hahahaha

...Being as fair as possible, it really doesn't look too bad. Could even be quite good. Maybe.

Oh my god, this post wins the thread. Doesn't even matter if serious or not.

Ravage

And the Post of the Year goes to....

Top Bottom