• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Perry Bible Fellowship 09/01

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey79

perrybible.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
These comics remind me of those kids on your dorm floor who would sit at their computer, with their door open, constantly laughing, as if trying to invite someone in to see what the fuck could be so funny. Then if you actually did venture into their cesspool of a living quarter to pity them so they'll shut the fuck up, you'll be faced with some shit like that comic.
I fucking hate people.

Willco

Hollywood Square
This is why we should've never made this an official topic or anything. Comic strips are so subjective and half the assholes on this forum have shitty taste anyway. And no, this is not a personal declaration that this strip is funny or not funny.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Willco said:
This is why we should've never made this an official topic or anything. Comic strips are so subjective and half the assholes on this forum have shitty taste anyway. And no, this is not a personal declaration that this strip is funny or not funny.

That's okay Wilco, I know you still love me.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Hitman said:
Perry Bible rules! You guys are idiots, go watch Scary Movie 3.
R00fles teh knight shot teh pawn. PAWN=PWNED!!!111 HILLAREEUS!

Seriously, Perry Bible has seen much better days. This guy's just running out of ideas.

Fifty

Agreed. I liked the older ones...Even if they weren't brilliantly clever, the art was well done, and the characters were charming. Without a funny joke, and without original art, this cartoon just sucks. Now excuse me, I've got to go and watch Scary Movie 3.

demon

Lucky Forward said:
Ummm...I think the joke was that the knight shot the opposing queen, thus ending the game before it started.
Er, that's what I meant. Still, R00fles teh knight shot teh qeen. QUEEN=QWNED!!!111 HILLAREEUS!

demon said:
R00fles teh knight shot teh pawn. PAWN=PWNED!!!111 HILLAREEUS!

Seriously, Perry Bible has seen much better days. This guy's just running out of ideas.

The guy has 2 bad weeks and the hate begins...

demon

It's been more than two weeks. Go to the Perry Bible page, where ever it is, and look through the comics in chronological order. They generally haven't been as good lately. I want my money back.

Vlad

Lucky Forward said:
Ummm...I think the joke was that the knight shot the opposing queen, thus ending the game before it started.

I'm going to assume you meant opposing King...

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
If Calvin & Hobbes was published on the Internet, Bill Watterson would've quit after five weeks.

RevenantKioku

fennec fox said:
If Calvin & Hobbes was published on the Internet, Bill Watterson would've quit after five weeks.

Please.
Calvin and Hobbes was amazing. I read all the comics as a child, and laughed. I read them again as an adult and I got jokes and things I never would have understood as a child.
Then again, your point stands since the internet is pretty brutal and asinine. So I've done nothing here.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Actually, Bloom County probably would be a more apt example. That comic wasn't very good until 2-3 years into its run.

RevenantKioku

fennec fox said:
Actually, Bloom County probably would be a more apt example. That comic wasn't very good until 2-3 years into its run.

I'm not particularly familiar with Bloom County, so I'll grant you that. If the guy doing the comic enjoys it, he should continue. I'm not in the boat of just because its not funny it should cease to exist. Still, that doesn't make it funny.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Claus said:

scroll down and double check which piece the queen is represented by.

The knight shot the king in the comic. The queen always sits on her own color. If the knight indeed shot the queen in the comic (which I certainly don't believe) then the board was set up wrong.

The goal in chess is to capture/kill the king.

Socreges

Banned
Eh, it's OK.

demon said:
It's been more than two weeks. Go to the Perry Bible page, where ever it is, and look through the comics in chronological order. They generally haven't been as good lately. I want my money back.
Two weeks ago:

perrybible.jpg

That one seems to be an acquired taste. I think it's great.

But three weeks ago:

perrybible.jpg

One of my favourites.

fennec fox said:

Calvin & Hobbes was the best. One of the few comic strips to go out on a high note, and reamain great to this day. Unlike a certain other comic strip involving an orange felion.

White Man

Breathed will admit that the first year bit. There was/is heat between him and Trudeau because the whole first year is basically a thinly-veiled Doonesbury rip-off. After about a year though, Breathed discovered his sense of the irreverent and was popping off storylines about Bill and heavy metal.

BTW, anyone know what's been going on with Opus? Ever since it was purged from the web I haven't been able to keep up with it. After the first 10 -20 strips, he seemed to be getting into interesting areas. I liked what I read.

Socreges said:
Eh, it's OK.

Two weeks ago:

perrybible.jpg

That one seems to be an acquired taste. I think it's great.

But three weeks ago:

perrybible.jpg

One of my favourites.

I find both examples hilarious. This week's was a bit "meh" but it's still pretty decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom