• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Naruto game on XSX has a settings to block XSS players in online multiplayer.

drotahorror

UFC 4 is 60fps on PS5 and 30fps on PS4. 60fps on Series S/X and 30fps on Xbox One.

PS5 can fight PS4 players without lowering their FPS, same goes for the Xbox family.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Indeed. The hate against Series S remains ridiculous.
You are still excluded as a player is what I meant, why or how does not matter.

It is of course the fault of the console if Cyberconnect are not capable of running a fighting game (that has barely evolved since the first one on PS3) at 60fps, smh.
Again, after a while it does not matter. PS3, some HW bugs aside, actually had potential but it was not something devs could work well with for many many years and Sony and their customers paid the price… Sony’s consoles designs adapted and worked well for Sony and their customers.
MS made a mistake with the S, period.

cireza

MS made a mistake with the S, period.
I totally disagree with this. We know that Series S represents around half of their sales, how can this be a mistake ? Common sense.

I was able to enjoy video games when I was kid because SEGA were nice enough to provide a budget console with the Master System, and it was awesome. Series S is a great system, MS know it and they will support it.

Three

I'm so confused by this. What's happened that framerate has been linked to gameplay somehow? So now XSX users have an even smaller online player base of which they are already the minority or they have to gimp their game to 30fps to match XSS?

Why not just give XSS users an option to disable playing with 60fps players on other systems? Surely that is the better option since you keep the majority and maintain 60fps on the other.

Just reminder for you guys beyond Series S being stupid by Microsoft. CyberConnect 2 is notoriously known to be a cheap ass studio that milk their games into the ground and this one is no different. It literally looks like a cheap Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 with a re-skin and that game came at the beginning of the past gen.

They are literally still using the same framework from their PS3 Naruto games. I wouldn't buy a single shit from them.

Last edited:

Three

What kind of trash devs make a game drop to 30fps when playing with older consoles?
I guess Turn 10 are trash devs too now because they apparently make their game drop to 60fps when playing against consoles too.

Last edited:

Three

Is that because the S actually runs better?
The S is 30fps, it definitely doesn't run better but yeah it's weird that the one that's advantaged who gets the option (or maybe both do to keep options parity)

Last edited:

jm89

Is that because the S actually runs better?
Runs better

run-fail.gif

cireza

Insane really, how can anyone defend this.
Totally, Cyberconnect2 definitely joined the trash-tier developers group with such a low effort.

I reviewed their Dragon Slayer game some time ago, it wasn't even 60fps in the "adventure areas" at launch. And they added 60fps afterwards. Shameless.

Last edited:
Insane really, how can anyone defend this.
Yeah, Microsoft making the Series S is really indefensible.

Totally, Cyberconnect2 definitely joined the trash-tier developers group with such a low effort.

I reviewed their Dragon Slayer game some time ago, it wasn't even 60fps in the "adventure areas" at launch. And they added 60fps afterwards. Shameless.
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot is fantastic.

DaGwaphics

What is xbox parity requirements?

Troll post? Complete lack of understanding of what the parity requirements between the two systems are?

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

There has never been a frame-rate parity requirement between the two boxes. And this game does support the two boxes playing against each other, just at the same frame-rate (maybe a software issue here which prevents players playing at different frame-rates from playing against each other).

Top Bottom