• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Games with Gold for July 2023 Revealed

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
its-trash-trash.gif

NickFire

Considering that Gold was a pure MP pay service and MS only added games because Sony forced them to do so, it is kinda still a deal that is okay, if you subscribed for its original purpose and don't think paying for MP is odd to begin with. If you are there for the games, you kinda missed that those transitioned to GP.
If it were still 50 or 60, sure. But what about if it really costs 100 or 120 a year, depending on which sub option is picked, as someone else posted?

DaGwaphics

The funny thing is that XBL Gold is basically $100 nowadays. I heard you cant buy the $60 yearly membership anymore and the cheapest option is the 3 months for $24.99.

MS basically running a scam right now.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That is not an option on MS's own store which is where I checked. Go check it out. Only 1 and 3 month subs are available there.

I wouldnt be surprised if they are phasing out these memberships. Otherwise i dont see why they wouldnt have the 12 month sub option on the actual MS store where this stuff is auto-renewed.

DaGwaphics

That is not an option on MS's own store which is where I checked. Go check it out. Only 1 and 3 month subs are available there.

I wouldnt be surprised if they are phasing out these memberships. Otherwise i dont see why they wouldnt have the 12 month sub option on the actual MS store where this stuff is auto-renewed.

They removed those options from MS's store a couple years ago, the 12 month cards have continued to be available. Probably a deal with the retailers for Xbox shelf space etc., this is available exclusively from partners now. I think the yearly GP cards are retail partner only as well.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I guess with Microsoft being tied up with all things Activision doesn't help but they could reach into their legacy catalogue of games that haven't crossed the Backwards Compatible bridge yet and add those to the Games with Gold releases, it would certainly help!

Dose anyone even bother downloading them anymore, ms just kill it plz, gamepass selection has not been great for past 18 months or so, it just feels like they are just betting everything on the cloud, and not really that interested in the console business anymore,

Last edited:
Top Bottom