• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New afterburner footage (lindbergh)

Looks interesting, but haven't games progressed a lot since Afterburner first came on the scene? I was a big fan of the original but would much prefer to play the likes of Ace Combat these days. Still this should be worth a few quid if it's released with a cabinet like the original. Maybe not my cup of tea if released for a home console.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
they've also put up cleaner footage of vf5. looks...a lot like vf4. :/

i bet you'd find power smash and psy phi footage as well if you looked.

Vashu

Ultra Magnanimous said:
Looks interesting, but haven't games progressed a lot since Afterburner first came on the scene? I was a big fan of the original but would much prefer to play the likes of Ace Combat these days. Still this should be worth a few quid if it's released with a cabinet like the original. Maybe not my cup of tea if released for a home console.

I think that you could best see this game as a service for fans of this genre, I believe Afterburner falls into the shmup category at this point. It's ease of play, it's fastpaced action and overwhelming odds still make it one of the best and addictive games out there, imo. Can't wait to get my hands on this beautiful piece of software. Easy to learn gameplay and a difficult game, that's my cup of tea (at times ;))

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I don't remember the original placing such emphasis on the missile smoke trails which in this remake make it hard as hell to see... still I loved the original...

J2 Cool

Old, but I still say this looks INCREDIBLE. It will do for flying games what Ridge Racer 6 is all about for racing. Fast, intense, fun. And it does it at a silky smooth framerate, with awesome effects.. missles, explosions, incredibly rendered mountains that go by in a half a second.. It's very very awesome. Love the way it throws insane graphics up there and tosses em out of the window like a wad a paper in place of fun. I'm excited for this game.

Lo-Volt

That looks absurdly good. Microsoft had better throw moneybags at SEGA's direction, lest this become an arcade-only experience. Sony already has more than enough to win the war, and if I had to choose between this and World Airforce...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Onix said:
That looks AWESOME!!!!

*also nice to see props to my employer at the end*

Hmmm... wonder which one of the companies it could be (my employer is on there as well)?

Top Bottom