• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista

Banned
QARpkdt.jpg

joJbliu.jpg

BGJA1Qu.jpg

PdoqlpZ.jpg

tenor.gif

bxaSBy9.jpg

nASjY4v.jpg
I respect you for being a good sport about it

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm going to be tagged as a console warrior someone might want to browse my post history because they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jooxed

Gold Member
If I'm going to be tagged as a console warrior someone might want to browse my post history because they don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Wow. This is just sad now. A nobody from a nobody kickstarter developer with zero history props up the PS5 and Ponys cling to it in desperation and take it for the gospel.
And Hellpoint... as far as graphics go.... looks like ass .

-Arcadia-

Banned
Just for my own part, no way weighing in on anything here, which is between the mods and the user.

It seems like Gaf is in a state of console warrior cleanup. It’s going well.

On the other hand, no matter how you meant it, an inflammatory term like ‘Pony’ and ‘Xbot’, can undo all that in a flash, even if it’s accurate for the people that you’re talking about. It’s a batsignal for retards on both sides to take up arms.

It’s best to just separate out the users you’re talking about, without bringing sides or at least console war insults into it.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the posts talking about how Gaf leaned heavily in favor of Sony were a joke but I'm starting to think that's actually the case with the mods.
That's a shame cause I actually thought this place was pretty cool till now.
Anyway I'm not going to support this. Be cool everyone, I'm gone.
I'll just lurk without signing in and not bother to post.... like the old Gaf.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I thought the posts talking about how Gaf leaned heavily in favor of Sony were a joke but I'm starting to think that's actually the case with the mods.
I guess introspection and self reflection is out the window then.

Tesseract

Banned

giphy.gif

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

I have fixed your title. It may have been a bit heavy handed on my part, I have no problem admitting that. Speaking for myself only, I am trying to find a happy medium with my tolerance and patience while still having to ramp up on those that deserve warnings, thread bans, site bans and the like. Mistakes will be made along the way, the important thing is to acknowledge when it happens, and rectify it in a fair and just manner.

And yes, as mentioned, we are cracking down more on a lot of the derailing, honeypots, and juvenile drivebys that serve nothing but to feed the dopamine drip of discord for those involved. Not everyone will agree within our hobby, but I think we can all agree that less console war theatrics makes for a more enjoyable experience overall with something we share a common bond with.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you Mod of War. I understand what you're saying and I'm really happy to hear you're cracking down on the console warring. If I post in the gaming section again I'll try to be more restrained in my posting so it's not construed negatively.

Mista

Banned
Thank you Mod of War. I understand what you're saying and I'm really happy to hear you're cracking down on the console warring. If I post in the gaming section again I'll try to be more restrained in my posting so it's not construed negatively.
You're one of the few that I enjoy having around here and read their takes on everything

So sit your ass down :messenger_face_steam:

bronk

Banned
Stop being a big baby

Edit: already stopped few posts down. Don't mind me lol

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
It’s all cool now. He was frustrated. It got worked out. Nobody ended up roped to the train tracks.
I like people more when they come around real quick and are just like "my bad" Good example is that comic guy. After being pointed out as a console warrior he was funny about it.

My bad for calling ya a big baby all quick. Im a big baby cause I can't go outside.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I have fixed your title. It may have been a bit heavy handed on my part, I have no problem admitting that. Speaking for myself only, I am trying to find a happy medium with my tolerance and patience while still having to ramp up on those that deserve warnings, thread bans, site bans and the like. Mistakes will be made along the way, the important thing is to acknowledge when it happens, and rectify it in a fair and just manner.

And yes, as mentioned, we are cracking down more on a lot of the derailing, honeypots, and juvenile drivebys that serve nothing but to feed the dopamine drip of discord for those involved. Not everyone will agree within our hobby, but I think we can all agree that less console war theatrics makes for a more enjoyable experience overall with something we share a common bond with.

Stuff like this is why I love this site. Contrast this post with the garbage bans and comments from the mods over at the REE asylum.

Moogle11

Banned

I couldn't agree more with the bolded. Why people feel such a need to be negative and hostile toward people with different preferences on hardware and games will never cease to baffle me. Especially on a traditional forum like this were the vast majority of posters are probably in their 30s-40s. Games are just meant to be FUN. Who cares if someone likes something you don't or vice versa? I get that critical discourse is important, but it can be done respectfully and without insulting people with different tastes and preferences and without drive by posts and deliberate trolling.

Also, while criticism is important, aren't hobbies and forums more enjoyable if more time is spent on discussion what we are liking and enjoying in a hobby that's above all supposed to be fun? When I play something I don't like, I'll share some criticism. But I'll do so respectfully and won't be a broken record about it in the OT--especially if it's a game it's clear most are enjoying and that just isn't my cup of tea. I don't feel any need to antagonize those enjoying it. I just share my thoughts on it and move on and let those enjoying it discuss it while I move onto another game that I hope I'll love and mostly have positive thoughts to share. I already wasted time playing something I wasn't enjoying, why do I want to waste more time posting my criticism about it repeatedly, much less trying to convince those liking it that they're wrong or have bad taste or whatever?

That said, I also really like how moderation is done here. There's no place for console warring, trolling etc. if you want to have a gaming forum where it is fun to discuss a hobby we all love. But you can't ban everyone as traditional forum traffic is slowly dying. Giving warnings, temp bans etc. to give people a chance to change their ways and only banning those who don't get the message our who are particularly extreme in their initial trolling (or it's all their posts after signing up like the one person in the ban list recently) is the way to try and build a more civil community where games are discussed--including criticism--in a way that's enjoyable for the largest number of members. So kudos.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Let's give a warm welcome back to maneil99 maneil99 , who had a lot of trouble back in the day with the ex-mods over basically nothing. He lost his thread creation privileges permanently for calling Avatar "hentai crap" ( :messenger_tears_of_joy: I made fun of Avatar's sex scene on GAF, gimme a break) and ate a long term ban for this scary post:

Taking a side in the GG issue is a bad idea for publishers. There are clearly alot of people behind it and there is no point losing sales or causing a boycott. Being against sexism for bother gender's and being against death threats to anyone is a common stance, there is no need from a PR standpoint to stick their neck out. Everyone knows EA doesn't tolerate sexism and death threats, why should they need to release a statement saying this? The #Gamersgate group might misconstrue this and cause a lack in sales.

Oh no, rational thought, must destroy. Sorry about all that nonsense maneil.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
While going through that ban I see akachan ningen was permed for these posts merely giving the benefit of the doubt to a professor accused of misconduct:

What does the nobel prize have to with anything? He's just good at math and memorizing shit. Doesn't make him some kind of social genius. If anything, he's probably like some of the social nitwit nerds I know, who don't know when to stop when it comes to bothering girls. One of these guys will go as far as licking a girl if the girl doesn't tell him from the start that she doesn't like him getting all touchy-feely. It's like he can't tell when a girl is uncomfortable.

Or maybe he did know and he is abusing the position. But like I said, we don't know all the facts.

I'm defending reason more than him but you all seem to be taking it personally. I just want everyone to stop jumping to conclusions.

:messenger_expressionless:

I've emailed him and invited him back.

Edit: email bounced, alas. No way to contact unless someone knows his social.

Last edited:

Goliathy

Banned
I wonder what the two words we will hear for PS5 are. GAF will probably still think "shots fired".

This will get you banned 2 weeks?

But mocking people that are already banned is cool:

The insecurities of X fans knows no bounds. This guy just returned from being banned for spreading fud in every sony thread, now dead again in sony thread again lol

Bye OP, see you in a next couple of weeks. I voted NIOH, I think it's the closest and love DS and BS games, now playing Sekiro

the reality here is only one was vanished for spreading FUD :messenger_winking:

Seems fair.

Last edited:
This will get you banned 2 weeks?

I think he/she was banned because he/she brought back a dead thread from 2013 to incite console warring.

You really need to do a little research on these bans.

As for the others well of people are behaving inappropriately just report them. Anyone can do it.

Pallas

Why report those people when it's fair game? Those who got banned are known for being some of the biggest baiters and derailers of gaming threads I've ever seen.

Because the mods have clearly stated that they don’t patrol the threads 24/7 and usually rely on us to report offenders.

Baiters and derailers yes, but there are plenty on the other side as well. This isn’t SonyGaf or XboxGaf but clearly one side reports more than the other.

Last edited:
Because the mods have clearly stated that they don’t patrol the threads 24/7 and usually rely on us to report offenders.

Baiters and derailers yes, but there are plenty on the other side as well. This isn’t SonyGaf or XboxGaf but clearly one side reports more than the other.
Imagine reporting on people who are getting sick and tired of members like Lady and Dynamite.

We all know there's bad apples on both sides but it's hilarious if you think Jim's side reports more.

Lets leave it at that for now, goliathy is being a "tad" bit biased ;)

Pallas

Imagine reporting on people who are getting sick and tired of members like Lady and Dynamite.

We all know there's bad apples on both sides but it's hilarious if you think Jim's side reports more.

Lets leave it at that for now, goliathy is being a "tad" bit biased ;)

Yeah sure, I know both of them can be problematic at times and are pretty good getting the other side riled up, not hating the ban on Lady for the necrobump abd I have no idea why Dynamite was actually banned this time since there wasn’t any posts linked to him this time.

You must have not read Jim’s “Art of conole digital warfare” MHK. All will be clear when you read chapter 7. Phil discourages it, thinks it’s wimpy.

Edit: G Goliathy just didn’t understand the context of the ban or was purposely obtuse

Last edited:
Yeah sure, I know both of them can be problematic at times and are pretty good getting the other side riled up, not hating the ban on Lady for the necrobump abd I have no idea why Dynamite was actually banned this time since there wasn’t any posts linked to him this time.
Lady and Dynamite lost their sense of tact and started console warring rather savagely these past couple of days. Dynamite went in on a random Bend Studio thread that talked about their next-gen console exclusive and brought up an outdated issue with Days Gone.

FYI, that book wasn't meant to be released in public......

Pallas

Lady and Dynamite lost their sense of tact and started console warring rather savagely these past couple of days. Dynamite went in on a random Bend Studio thread that talked about their next-gen console exclusive and brought up an outdated issue with Days Gone.

FYI, that book wasn't meant to be released in public......

Ah gotcha and yeah it’s been pasted on pastebin, might want to let Jim know. Phil was reading it and chuckling to himself while drinking 35 year old distilled Macallan whiskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom