• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

cjp

Could an option be added to detect OS light/dark mode and change the theme accordingly?

That is a thing within CSS now, I think? I’ve noticed a few different websites begin to implement it.

MetalAlien

Banned
Something wrong with the file upload option or have I been punished?

sEbmSoH.jpg

Light theme for life!

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Something wrong with the file upload option or have I been punished?

sEbmSoH.jpg

Light theme for life!
Sorry I was late to this post. EviLore EviLore States in another thread that some users have been reporting this issue. Pretty amazing tech guys running GAF (I know of one particularly) and it should be working again in a few hours or a few days. It's not just mobile platforms. I tried uploading today on my Galaxy, tablet, and on my PC...my account is fine -- uploads of any kind haven't been working. To add salt to the injury, I accidentally deleted my avatar leaving me with a newb-looking 'H' instead of an angry Happosai.
GAF is still one of the smoothest running pages and makes Facebook look/feel like dirt.

I'll make an announcement when Happosai (my avatar) is back online. Throw the little guy a party. Until then it's a Jello green...H. 😕😞😟😢😭

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having some weird random issues with Brave browser on Windows and iOS (though curiously not with Chrome) where Tweets get cut off half way. Not quite sure on the cause of this.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
and now it won't let me upload a new avatar.
Try uploading an image into a post. If that's not working either...you and I have the same bug. I'm satisfied because I have My avatar back. However, the big isn't fixed yet. I'm still unable to upload pictures into chat and here's what I've used to conclude (it's not me): PC Opera Windows 10 Pro, Samsung Galaxy s Google Chrome, iPhone 5 Safari, and an Amazon Kindle HE 8th gen using Silk. GAF works fine on all but I can't upload the minimum, regular, or larger photos of any kind of type (JPEG, GIF, PNG).

crumbs

I'm also not able to upload images, seeing the same failed upload error.

I'm having some weird random issues with Brave browser on Windows and iOS (though curiously not with Chrome) where Tweets get cut off half way. Not quite sure on the cause of this.

I've been having the same issue with cut off embedded tweets in Chrome (Version 84.0.4147.89) on Win10 (2004). Doesn't happen that frequently, seems almost random.

Last edited:

Danny 117

I’ve noticed on my iPhone in the past couple of days that the reaction function (the like button under each post) instantly “likes” something when I click on it, instead of bringing up the menu of reactions to choose.

I have to long press in order to get the other reactions which then brings up the “copy/look up/share” menu on Safari, which is inconvenient.

Any ideas if this is a local issue on my phone or the cause of a recent update?

More info:
Phone model: iPhone 8 Plus
iOS 13.6

Last edited:

Darias

Behavior is the same on my XsM latest, but I had thought that was the normal emoji behavor.

I don't remember it being different.

eot

Banned
I feel like it's harder to search for threads made by a certain user now (compared to oldGAF). You need to click their profile, and then the nebulously named 'Find' drop down menu. As far as I could tell, there's no option for it when doing an advanced search for example, and if I'm not misremembering.

Grinchy

Banned
My brilliant suggestion for the forum - Make it so that every time someone submits a post with "FUD" in it, it automatically changes FUD to farts.

Then maybe people would stop saying it every 5 seconds.

The same thing could be done for every permutation of "could of, should of," ect.

Kdad

My brilliant suggestion for the forum - Make it so that every time someone submits a post with "FARTS" in it, it automatically changes FARTS to farts.

Then maybe people would stop saying it every 5 seconds.

The same thing could be done for every permutation of "could of, should of," ect.

=FARTBOT

Soodanim

Gold Member
I’ve noticed on my iPhone in the past couple of days that the reaction function (the like button under each post) instantly “likes” something when I click on it, instead of bringing up the menu of reactions to choose.

I have to long press in order to get the other reactions which then brings up the “copy/look up/share” menu on Safari, which is inconvenient.

Any ideas if this is a local issue on my phone or the cause of a recent update?

More info:
Phone model: iPhone 8 Plus
iOS 13.6
If you do a semi-long press it will bring up the like menu.
———
I have iOS issues related to the text box, and it doesn’t matter which browser you use. It’s hard to describe exactly what’s wrong, because so many seemingly random things can happen. It mostly occurs when using multiple new lines and things like bullet points, and the behaviour is things like pressing return for a new line and some of your text being deleted. Below is what happens when you start a bullet point and type “Line X” on each line then double new line. “LLine6” is because of “Line 5” all but the first L is deleted. And as I type this, I tried to line space under the bullet points to type something else and it brought the cursor back up to this paragraph. Like I said, seemingly random (I know that’s not how code works).
  • Line 1
  • Line

• Line 3
  • Line 4
  • LLine 6

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned, but as Windows 10 Dark Mode makes the scroll bars so shit with grey on grey, is it possible for the theme to also skin the scroll bar into one with better contrast like some other sites do? I’ve seen dark background with grey foreground, which works nicely.

HoodWinked

for mobile site i cant seem to figure out how to check notifications other than to click on reactions received but this will forgo when someone quotes you. so you will have a (1) that won't ago away unless you view on desktop.

melekind

Neophyte
when I found I couldn't post new threads today, I thought my account had been banned, but now I know what happened. This is a great rule, we can always see valuable news on the home page. But I'm curious, how does a Neo Members become a Member

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
when I found I couldn't post new threads today, I thought my account had been banned, but now I know what happened. This is a great rule, we can always see valuable news on the home page. But I'm curious, how does a Neo Members become a Member
You’ll get upgraded after 50 posts and at least 30 days since registration.

Tschumi

I'm not sure if it's a thing, but it's happened across multiple phones for me... When i use backspace to bring two paragraphs together.. every time i go up a line, the cursor thing jumps forward one letter, so the next time i press backspace the first letter of the line I'm trying to move up gets deleted...

Also, more recently, writing a response to a quote then copying it into a previous post via edit doesn't work on mobile, it just copies the raw text without the window or link to the quoted post.. i might do more double posts than most... It's because of this, really.. maybe i could just git gud at multiquote but it used to work...

KingT731

There definitely should be a response feature when it comes to reports as well as letting the users know who is responding to their report. Too often they're responded to with nothing but snark.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
W7VBy0I.png

I am getting tons of redirects today on my iPad, hasn’t happened in a really long time here.

IPad 2019 with the latest iOS firmware in safari.

Just thought you would like to know 🥰

Last edited:

NeoGaming

Neo Member
Got some news for 3ds homebrew can someone make a thread about this. Anyways here it is i'm making a new exploit for 3ds I call Neohax. So how it works is it eject the payload by when miiverse try to connect to nintendo's severs but it can't so i'm going to get miiverse think that's it's loading but it's actually running the exploit and setting up luma 3ds. and miiverse is going to find after the exploit. this exploit will be running in 2025 or 2027 at the lastest.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Got some news for 3ds homebrew can someone make a thread about this. Anyways here it is i'm making a new exploit for 3ds I call Neohax. So how it works is it eject the payload by when miiverse try to connect to nintendo's severs but it can't so i'm going to get miiverse think that's it's loading but it's actually running the exploit and setting up luma 3ds. and miiverse is going to find after the exploit. this exploit will be running in 2025 or 2027 at the lastest.
What The Wtf GIF by Bingo Drive

What browser do you use? I’ve never had this issue on desktop or mobile
Opera desktop browser, though I do use an extension to disable history collection as I'm private. I didn't have this issue with NeoGAF before, it's a problem with the website not clearing out past prompts.

Top Bottom