• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Idk if this is an issue with anyone else but for myself this website has been lagging and hanging pretty badly. not to mention the random reloading of pages. Im using the chrome browser

I’ve only noticed this on Android mobile (Chrome, DDG, Brave, Firefox browsers). Desktop is fine for those browsers.

I use Brave or Safari on iOS and its snappy fast like desktop.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’ve been having an issue since last night where GAF gets stuck in a loading loop on Safari mobile and I can’t access the sight at all. It works fine on Chrome mobile though. This is a new bug as the site has been slick and speedy on Safari up until now.

I don’t won’t to use Chrome :(

Mista

Banned
I’ve been having an issue since last night where GAF gets stuck in a loading loop on Safari mobile and I can’t access the sight at all. It works fine on Chrome mobile though. This is a new bug as the site has been slick and speedy on Safari up until now.

I don’t won’t to use Chrome :(
Yeah I’m having issues with Safari iOS too. Glad I did because it made download chrome and it’s fucking wicked on iPhone

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yeah I’m having issues with Safari iOS too. Glad I did because it made download chrome and it’s fucking wicked on iPhone
Call me naive, but I feel Apple is the slightly lesser of two evils. I hate Google and don’t want to use their shit. I don’t want to support their agenda-driven, brainwashing bullshit. Plus, I got used to Safari since switching from Chrome and now Chrome feels weird.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Looking around, it seems a few forums running Xenforo are having the same issue loading with a Safari/iPhone combination.

Is this a new bug?

bender

What time is it?
When clicking "Connect Twitch Account":

Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

I'm using Chrome on Windows.

Fake

This happens with me too. I use firefox quantum on PC and focus on mobile. Quite annoying.

Palliasso

Requiescat In Pace
Staff Member

I think I may have identified the bug. Can you try again? You may have to first go into your account settings and set at least one custom account info box (steam user id, PSN id, XBL id, etc) or at least try that if it's still not working.

bender

What time is it?
I think I may have identified the bug. Can you try again? You may have to first go into your account settings and set at least one custom account info box (steam user id, PSN id, XBL id, etc) or at least try that if it's still not working.

And you are brilliant. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

For reference: updated profile with PSN/GameCenter IDs, deleted the connection on Twitch, reconnected the account here. I was still presented with the Connect Account button, but that went away once I refreshed.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I know for some people Forum Drama is everything, and I understand that it demanded a degree of wider exposure at the time, but maybe it's time this thread got moved from OT to the community forum?

That way those who are all in on it can enjoy it (because it will never end), and the rest of us who aren't that fussy can enjoy OT.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I know for some people Forum Drama is everything, and I understand that it demanded a degree of wider exposure at the time, but maybe it's time this thread got moved from OT to the community forum?

That way those who are all in on it can enjoy it (because it will never end), and the rest of us who aren't that fussy can enjoy OT.
I agree with this. Let people discuss it, but that's where we've put all the other ERA threads.

Fushitsusha

Banned
Not sure if it's a already known and a common bug or a bug at all; when someone quotes you after posting (as an edit), it doesn't give you a notification?

kiiltz

I actually came in here to see if there was an ignored thread feature I was missing lol.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
When someone makes a quote with a website link at the top of the quote, when I click on “click to expand” to open the quote to read it, it automatically opens the link instead. It is very annoying.

Fuz

Banned
Weird bug that I've been experimenting only recently. When editing posts, if I delete a letter after a space, the forum will delete the letter AND the space before it. you have no idea how many times I have to redo it over and over because of muscle memory -_-

kiiltz

Weird bug that I've been experimenting only recently. When editing posts, if I delete a letter after a space, the forum will delete the letter AND the space before it. you have no idea how many times I have to redo it over and over because of muscle memory -_-
Is that desktop or phone?

It's happens to me on phone but I assumed that was my phone being retarded.

HeadsUp7Up

Getting this on iOS safari.

mnaCXNQ.png

mnaCXNQ.png

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Something to help you out. It’s only hitting my iPhone in mobile mode. If I turn it to desktop mode it’s fine. Also it is not hitting my iPad at all.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
My notification bell has suddenly disappeared from the top right of the page on GAF mobile after working flawlessly since the update. I now have to flip to horizontal view in order to see it. This happened in the last few hours.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
My notification bell has suddenly disappeared from the top right of the page on GAF mobile after working flawlessly since the update. I now have to flip to horizontal view in order to see it. This happened in the last few hours.

We haven't changed anything. Might be on your end?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
We haven't changed anything. Might be on your end?
Weird.

EDIT: Hang on, I’m a ‘tard. I must’ve had flashbacks to when notifications were on the right hand side and forgot they are now in the left hamburger menu.

Too many drugs in my youth. Carry on.

Last edited:

Anki

Banned
I like how you separated Off-topic and Politics into separate sub forums. It would be nice to have Gaming and Gaming politics sub forums so we don't have to read about some twitch streamers who was banned for something or some developer said something about politics in games etc. You get my point. Keep Gaming only for gaming news and Gaming politics for twitchers, youtubers and other stuff which are not directly related to gaming news.

God Enel

While I know what you mean I’m not for another split of the forum. Because I think that there are - as of now - not enough gaming politics topics.
Or at least that’s how I feel about it. But I think there is a possibility to ignore threads you don’t want to read/participate in. Maybe use that on the few cases.

Ivan

Is there a way to make fonts on mobile bigger? Setting doesn't seem to affect anything. Even forcing bigger font in browser accessibility setting does nothing.

It is too small to read on mobile for my eyes on mobile as it is. Thanks.

ksdixon

Is there a way to force NeoGAF on mobile to stay within screen boundaries when zooming-in the page? So a sentence of text would go onto the next line instead of having to scroll left and right to read it. The first version of m.neogaf.com used to do this very well before the boards were migrated onto the current platform.

On a different note. Is there a way to turn off tweet embedding and just show them as quotes, or even links? They take ages to load for me and are more an annoyance than anything else.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
a bit strange - but I just noticed I can't see the Cringe Thread. I don't have the thread or the OP on ignore, so I'm not sure if it's something I did or just a bug ?

Mista

Banned
I’m having a problem copy pasting through mobile. Only works when I turn off the reply box tool

Recorded a video to demonstrate the issue:

Pagusas

Elden Member
Is there an option to turn off the new thread categorizing thing that just got implemented? I find it visually ugly and makes gaf harder to follow and read.

MrPandaBear

Neophyte
Hello everyone
So i'm kind of looking for a new game where it's somewhat popular to create a game server on like gmod,rust,ark etc and so on however these 3 games are already popular and it would be hard to get my servers popular without any help even if it's a fully customized server because these games have hundreds and thousands of servers already that's why i'm here hoping someone can recommend a new popular game where i could create a server.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help :)
P.S i don't mind if someone wants to help in any possible way on the contrary i would appreciate the extra help,
You can add me on discord.
Discord:UnknownRaz#2239

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
Any way to introduce a server side spell checker for post titles? Maybe some form of free grammarly integration?

Mista

Banned
Having issues with Chrome iOS especially while making threads. Weird bugs where when I skip lines the title thread gets deleted and other weird things

mcz117chief

Got a new phone (Galaxy 10) and notifications only appear in landscape mode. Any way to make them appear in portrait view? My old phone has no issues.

Kadayi

Banned
Suggestion: Self Ban/ On hiatus option

Having recently extended a temp into a self-ban I was thinking it would be a great feature to have the ability as a user to lock oneself out of the forum on occasion for a period or even between certain times, as it's all too easy to lose hours here. Having it as an 'On Hiatus' under user Status would be beneficial also. to other forumites.

So I don't know if this is a bug or something that can be fixed in settings, but it seems to be completely random whether a thread will send me to the first post or the last post in a thread when I click on it.

Just found that a bit strange. It's also extremely annoying.

Top Bottom