• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Needing Help/Advice regarding pre-ordering PS5 for launch.

DonJorginho

Banned
Hey all, hope you're all keeping safe and busy during these times with your loved ones.

I never get consoles on launch as I like to wait for a year for price drops and bundles but this time I wanna experience a launch day with the PS5 and get one from the very start.

I don't know how one goes about pre-ordering one such console and what the process is like, do I have to put all the money down? Or is it a deposit then the rest by shipping dates?

Any recommended retailers to use? At the moment I'm leaning towards ShopTo but if you all know any better options please let me know!

I know Pre-orders aren't live yet but I'm hoping some users here did this for the PS4 so will have valuable tips and information of how it went so I can get some knowledge on what to do.

Thank you all!

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Usually you have to pay 100% of the product price.

The best tactic is to find retailers that allow you to close the order without the need of transaction right away.

Where I'm from most retailers allow this, you have about 24 hours to pay after concluding the order.

Tactic: open a bunch of sites, try pre-order in all of them, and then pay in one.

I remember when I tried to snag a 500 Million anniversary PS4, and jesus...

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Usually you have to pay 100% of the product price.

The best tactic is to find retailers that allow you to close the order without the need of transaction right away.

Where I'm from most retailers allow this, you have about 24 hours to pay after concluding the order.

Tactic: open a bunch of sites, try pre-order in all of them, and then pay in one.

I remember when I tried to snag a 500 Million anniversary PS4, and jesus...

Thank you for the help! That could be tricky as I'm saving throughout the year to be able to get it on Day One so will probably have my money all sorted by Mid September.

Kagero

Sign up for notifications from Bestbuy/GameStop/Walmart but don’t really rely on them to be on time with pushing out an email to you. Instead, go to these outlets as soon as the ps5 has been revealed online. You may be able to pre order one at this point. If not, then you will probably have to wait until a price reveal. Once this happens, go to one of the above outlets and place the order. They don’t debit your credit card until the product ships. It’s going to be crazy, so what I like to do is have a browser opened for all three stores. One always crashes. Pre order one from every store and wait for the confirmation. Cancel the other two when you know you’re a lock.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Thank you for the help! That could be tricky as I'm saving throughout the year to be able to get it on Day One so will probably have my money all sorted by Mid September.

Might be a little difficult to pre-order then, at least on the first phase.

Top Bottom