• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Native PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of Dark Pictures: Man of Medan & Little Hope are available now as free updates

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Woah ... this came out of nowhere !!

Nice. Good incentive to replay them again.

tommib

Of course not for ps plus versions, lol.
trump fake news GIF

xion4360

Yes it is
doesnt look like it as the PS4 version is the one on plus, the PS5&PS5 version says
Yes, I checked myself:
g8Bdhqn.jpg
That is Little Hope PS Plus Extra version...The PS Plus essential monthly games version of Man of Medan that we have in library will not upgrade to the PS5 version

I wish they would be clear about what "Raytracing" means here, because I can't tell. Shadows? reflections? AO? what is it...I know the PC version of House of Ashes had RT reflections but it's not evident on console despite it still touting "Raytracing" on the store..

Last edited:

Ezekiel_

Banned
doesnt look like it as the PS4 version is the one on plus, the PS5&PS5 version says

That is Little Hope PS Plus Extra version...The PS Plus essential monthly games version of Man of Medan that we have in library will not upgrade to the PS5 version
EEsyiFN.png

Little nightmare doesn't seem live on store at this moment.

xion4360

EEsyiFN.png

Little nightmare doesn't seem live on store at this moment.
what are you on about? perhaps look into it a little better before you try to refute something...it says "free" on the store but its just a TRIAL..I literally downloaded the game from my library and found no way of accessing the PS5 version

There are separate PS4 and PS4/PS5 editions meaning you own the game and get a free update to the cross-gen version but they havent done that for the PS Plus essential catalog version. at least not yet.

Last edited:

Ezekiel_

Banned
what are you on about? perhaps look into it a little better before you try to refute something...it says "free" on the store but its just a TRIAL..I literally downloaded the game from my library and found no way of accessing the PS5 version

There are separate PS4 and PS4/PS5 editions meaning you own the game and get a free update to the cross-gen version but they havent done that for the PS Plus essential catalog version. at least not yet.
The only version I own is the PS+ version.

Did you try 'purchasing' the free PS5 edition?

graywolf323

checked on my PS5 and it shows download for the trials of the PS5 versions but a price for the full game, I only have them from PS+ so looks like no free upgrade unless this is a mistake (like Shantae and the Pirate's Curse just released on PS5 without an upgrade option but Wayforward has said on Twitter that is a mistake and it should be a free upgrade)

thatJohann

what a nightmare trying to navigate the PS5 store UI to try to get the PS5 version of this game. I am baffled that they haven't fixed that dumpster fire navigation / version control mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

NickFire

I take it back. It’s the trial versions indeed despite what the app makes you believe. I just installed A Little Hope and it’s the trial. This whole version system is a mess on PSN.
At one point it seemed the PS+ versions would get updated around 6 months after the paid version did. But ever since the rumors of PS+ and Now merging got strong (now merged), it seems the PS+ versions are cut out of updates altogether. As of last week anyway, there were still no free upgrades for PS+ versions of Silent Hill or Uncharted. Sucks if I'm being honest.

xion4360

Trying out Man of Medan. Setting it to graphics mode clearly disables SSR but at the same time im not sure RT reflections are what its replaced with, but i assume so

I think it's horseshit the RT upgrade is only available on consoles.

There was supposed to be an update for the PC versions of Man of Medan and Little Hope yesterday which added RT, I believe, but there was an issue with it apparently deleting/resetting save files so the update was rolled back for the time being. At least that is what I read on the Steam forum.

Well, guess what? They have made it free on PS5.

I've downloaded the trials and played thru them yesterday. Today when I hovered above the game tiles, there was an option to the right saying (included), so I clicked on it and it took me to the screen where you choose your version. (PS5 or PS4), naturally as I had downloaded the trial version, the PS5 version had a "play" button, so I pressed it, and to my surprise, both are the full games. Respect

Ezekiel_

Banned

I've downloaded the trials and played thru them yesterday. Today when I hovered above the game tiles, there was an option to the right saying (included), so I clicked on it and it took me to the screen where you choose your version. (PS5 or PS4), naturally as I had downloaded the trial version, the PS5 version had a "play" button, so I pressed it, and to my surprise, both are the full games. Respect
Yep, can confirm, I can get PS5 version (not trial) for both.

Last edited:

Hoddi

I'm not seeing this on my end. The trial version works just fine but the PSN Plus version seems stuck on PS4.

It looks mighty fine though. Even the Series S runs it at 1440p30 with RT compared with 4k30 on the X and PS5 with RT.

Hugare

Yep, can confirm, I can get PS5 version (not trial) for both.

Not working here

Was only able to find the trial versions

Last edited:

Bojji

I can confirm that you can unlock PS5 full version as mentioned above. There is some fiddling with in game "buy full game" option and choosing version.

trikster40

Anyone want to play through the shared story for the trophy on PS5 Man of Medan? Can’t believe they didn’t at least add matchmaking or get rid of that trophy altogether.

If you’re up for it, just PM me on PSN, name is Weapon_X.

I'm not seeing this on my end. The trial version works just fine but the PSN Plus version seems stuck on PS4.

It looks mighty fine though. Even the Series S runs it at 1440p30 with RT compared with 4k30 on the X and PS5 with RT.
Can you uncap the modes in a vrr container?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sweet. House of Ashes played great (I played them all three in a row last year), and it played way better than the first two on Series X.

Might have to replay them yet again.

Top Bottom