• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NASA: The world is literally a greener place than it was 20 years ago

Ar¢tos

53% is still very impressive. However, I think we're talking about two different things. 53% of the energy produced in Portugal is renewable. Conversely, 27% (don't see a 2019 number) of the energy consumed in Portugal is renewable. So, in other words, it would appear that they are buying a lot of renewable energy from a neighbor, or buying CO2 credits.
Don't know about that, I do know that we have a lot of wind farms all over the country and wave farms in the "non-touristy" shores, which is quite a lot since the country is basically a huge beach and the south is the main tourist area. We have solar farms, but since solar doesn't even show in the breakdown, I guess we sell it all to Spain or is part of "others" together with give backs from Residential solar panels and wind power kits.
I wouldn't be surprised if we were buying power from Spain and selling the power we produce back to them. Portuguese companies love to complicate things.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I work in the energy field. The answer is "In the near feature yes, but it wont be the only thing", and you are a moron spouting this alarmist bullshit.

Nuclear should be what we are doing though. Unfortunately leftists are fucking idiots that believe pseudo-science about nuclear energy and shit all over it. Its really bizarre.
At least you are honest with your bias there.

Ornlu

Banned
Don't know about that, I do know that we have a lot of wind farms all over the country and wave farms in the "non-touristy" shores, which is quite a lot since the country is basically a huge beach and the south is the main tourist area. We have solar farms, but since solar doesn't even show in the breakdown, I guess we sell it all to Spain or is part of "others" together with give backs from Residential solar panels and wind power kits.
I wouldn't be surprised if we were buying power from Spain and selling the power we produce back to them. Portuguese companies love to complicate things.

You may very well have a much better picture of what's going on there; I'm just looking at data available online, as a foreigner. I figured the general government plan was to stop production of domestic non-renewables, invest heavily in renewables, and make up the difference via the morocco pipeline/importing from other EU countries. Either way the $ per KW has and will continue to rise.

brian0057

Banned
Chernobyl and Fukushima completely disagree.
I said "Even when you factor in every nuclear disaster that ever happened".
That includes Chernobyl, Fukushima, Three Mile Island, and every nuclear reactor accident/disaster.
And yes, nuclear energy is still the better option.

The Chinese people are doing this because of how their Government is ruining their land from what I remember watching.

India are likely doing it for the same reasons but at least there are some countries/companies doing this. I believe Toilet Paper Companies are doing this as well as trees make them the money.

Last edited:
Lets think of ways that Elons new starship can fix this by carrying 150 tons into space and back eventually daily.

Then lets patent it, work on it and become billionaires...GAF INDUSTRIES

kinda really not joking btw, i think that capacity is a world changer and im down if someone else is down to invest in ideas

nuclear plant in orbit around venus, payloads delivered back to earth, green energy solved, earth safety concerns solved..screw venus
the world relying on our company GAF ENERGY for all its energy needs

giphy.gif

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
The Chinese people are doing this because of how their Government is ruining their land from what I remember watching.

India are likely doing it for the same reasons but at least there are some countries/companies doing this. I believe Toilet Paper Companies are doing this as well as trees make them the money.
But they are just shitting on the streets like SF is

Turnt

Not surprised. The popular moral compass of the left is all skewed and based on corrupt people and organizations. Reminds me of this video I just watched from one of the founders of Greenpeace:

According to his wiki... "Moore has earned his living since the early 1990s primarily by consulting for, and publicly speaking for, a wide variety of corporations and lobby groups such as the Nuclear Energy Institute."

Definitely no conflict of interest there. /s

FYI, greening occurs from higher levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. It in no way indicates that cLiMaTe ChAnGe iS a Ho@X.

Recently he's probably best known for this:

TUROK

I mean, climate change is exponentially more complex than "we need more trees!" but don't let me get in the way of your dumbass shit.

india get your fucking shit together

oh wait lol

but seriously what the fuck

this pretty much warrants india shit jokes

they even have a festival where they throw cow shit at each other like its a snowball fight

people are getting sick

get civilized already

have some respek

Top Bottom