• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Season 3 |OT| The fun has been TRIPLED!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Episode 4: "One Bad Apple"
The Cutie Mark Crusaders are crushed when Apple Bloom’s cousin, Babs Seed, rejects their invitation to become a fellow Crusader and instead becomes a bully determined to make their lives miserable.

They should have done the pre-existing plot line where Apple Bloom abandons her best friend after she gets her Cutie Mark and treats her like a pariah.

I thought the CMC already had a bully determined to make their lives miserable.

Diamond_Tiara_ordering_the_CMC_2_S2E23.png

Make Luna the main character please.

They did talk recently about a episode detailing the history of Celestia and Luna. This will probably be the episode John de Lancie will be returning in. Naturally, I'm looking forward to it, and any insight into the royal family is appreciated.

LuffyZoro

They did talk recently about a episode detailing the history of Celestia and Luna. This will probably be the episode John de Lancie will be returning in. Naturally, I'm looking forward to it, and any insight into the royal family is appreciated.

Oh snap, want.

Cheerilee

More ponies is a good thing.

(Also, this season is only 13 eps to bring the total number up to syndication standards. It has been strongly hinted at by people working on the show that following seasons will be longer.)

Actually, that's a good reason, but apparently it's not THE reason.

I was hopeful that they made S3 13 episodes so that they could arrange a 65 episode package to go with their 26 and 52 episode packages, and that the rest of their budget might go towards a movie, and/or give their production teams a breather so they could keep up their high level of output, but apparently that's not it.

Hasbro's CEO mentioned in an interview that Transformers Prime and MLP:FIM are the top two shows on The Hub network, and that they're both doing a fantastic job of holding up the network, but that they need MORE shows like TF Prime and MLP:FIM if The Hub is to survive (and if The Hub falls, so will these shows), so as a one-time thing they decided to cut TF and MLP's budgets in half this year, and directly double the budgets of two other promising new shows that would have otherwise been unlikely to make an impact.

It's literally a case of "taking one for the team".

Oh and, they decided that making 13 full-budget episodes was a much better idea than making 26 half-budget episodes.

You would think Canadian distribution for this series would be a slam dunk seeing how it's largely produced in Vancouver and would satisfy all sorts of CRTC-mandated Canadian-content restrictions.

And yet it's relegated to terrible timeslots on the little-watched Treehouse TV and digital availability is virtually non-existent.
Hasbro sold the show to Corus (parent network of YTV and Treehouse) in Canada. The Hub has it in the USA.

The Hub is better than Corus.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Actually, that's a good reason, but apparently it's not THE reason.

I was hopeful that they made S3 13 episodes so that they could arrange a 65 episode package to go with their 26 and 52 episode packages, and that the rest of their budget might go towards a movie, and/or give their production teams a breather so they could keep up their high level of output, but apparently that's not it.

Hasbro's CEO mentioned in an interview that Transformers Prime and MLP:FIM are the top two shows on The Hub network, and that they're both doing a fantastic job of holding up the network, but that they need MORE shows like TF Prime and MLP:FIM if The Hub is to survive (and if The Hub falls, so will these shows), so as a one-time thing they decided to cut TF and MLP's budgets in half this year, and directly double the budgets of two other promising new shows that would have otherwise been unlikely to make an impact.

It's literally a case of "taking one for the team".

Oh and, they decided that making 13 full-budget episodes was a much better idea than making 26 half-budget episodes.

I really can't imagine that if HUB were to fail, that it would end MLP or Transformers. These are franchises that survived long before HUB, and given their popularity I can't imagine CN or Nick would not attempt to pick them up, and that Hasbro would not be willing.

That time of the year already?

Wait, no . . . isn't this later than previous years?

Anyway, are we gonna Belle it up this week?

Xzeon

Banned
That time of the year already?

Wait, no . . . isn't this later than previous years?

Anyway, are we gonna Belle it up this week?

ill use my own drawing, unless we are using that generic default one that everyone adds their own spin to it.

And special thanks to the following gaffers for this closing bit. And for Myke Greywolf for putting it together. Also thanks to Myke for writing up the character guide and a few other parts of this OP, and making the banner.

Contributors were, left to right:

- BSellers267
- CappyFish
- Careksims (creator of the Belle Eve character)
- LuffyZoro
- McNum
- N8
- Nobodyspatzy
- Orcastar
- Razek (bring him back!)
- Snytbaggen
- Xzeon
Oh. My picture isn't here. I guess that's cool. I guess. :(

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
This thread will either end up filled with satisfaction or crushed disappointment.

LET THE SHARK JUMPING BEGIN

Haha, sorry, it began in season 2.

$200

Banned
This thread will either end up filled with satisfaction or crushed disappointment.

LET THE SHARK JUMPING BEGIN

Haha, sorry, it begun in season 2.

Well I'm keeping my expectation low. Especially episode 4 which sounds like it's going to be a really bad episode...

Edit: Never mind. Someone on Ponychan pointed out the name "Babs Seed" is actually a reference to a horror movie. Maybe it will actually be interesting.

I can't believe it's been 7 months already. Between this and the premiere of Adventure Time's 5th season, next week's going to be brilliant.

Top Bottom