• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My HDR exoerience on PC isn't great so far

M0G

I thought the general rule with PC HDR was turn it off in Windows and enable in the game menu only. Have been very happy with it on C9 tbh.

RookX22

Hmm, how long ago did you guys try this, because I'm doing it right now and Windows is doing it on the fly at the same speed as my HDR TV. I tested it both in Modern Warfare (HDR) and Pinball FX (not HDR) and Windows switched between both fine. I also tested the Xbox overlay in Modern Warfare and it switched between HDR and non HDR without any bugs or issues. Also non-HDR apps looks fine when Windows HDR switch is "on" but the HDR signal is not live/activated.

Samsung G7 monitor (HDR600 only)
GTX 1080

But as I said, I'm no expert so I might've missed something..

Edit: How the hell do I get Netflix to play HDR on PC.. Tried both MS Edge and the Netflix app, but nope.. (Yes i have Premium / Ultra. Connected via DP of course..)
my pc has never switch to hdr without me going into display settings. also when i do hit it manually it switches to 30hz for some reason so then i have to go further in and switch it back to 4k 60hz very frustrating. I have a 10700k vega 56 (waiting on big navi to decide upgrade) hooked up with a certified hdmi 2.1 cable and i also have a second monitor hooked up with a certified dp 1.4 cable.

GymWolf

Hmm, how long ago did you guys try this, because I'm doing it right now and Windows is doing it on the fly at the same speed as my HDR TV. I tested it both in Modern Warfare (HDR) and Pinball FX (not HDR) and Windows switched between both fine. I also tested the Xbox overlay in Modern Warfare and it switched between HDR and non HDR without any bugs or issues. Also non-HDR apps looks fine when Windows HDR switch is "on" but the HDR signal is not live/activated.

Samsung G7 monitor (HDR600 only)
GTX 1080

But as I said, I'm no expert so I might've missed something..

Edit: How the hell do I get Netflix to play HDR on PC.. Tried both MS Edge and the Netflix app, but nope.. (Yes i have Premium / Ultra. Connected via DP of course..)
It's not a matter of ease, it's extremely simple on windows but i don't wanna lose time with screen settings and console games who have hdr are usually already good out of the box.

Last time i tried hdr on pc was this week with avengers.

cryogenic7

My HDR experience on PC is great. But I use LG CX65. You need a decent TV to get a decent HDR.
Yep. My C9 does HDR on Windows flawlessly. Even windows itself looks great with HDR turned on in the Windows control panel. The sets I owned prior, though they had HDR, looked bad with HDR enabled except for a few games.

Top Bottom