• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Covid-19 scare story

highrider

Banned
I'm sad that you reply to one sentence and skip the entire elaboration as to how it could (possibly should) be done to those who can easily start working from home.

All people that can work from home here are given the option to do so in these times. Your employer needs to make that happen for you if they cannot guarantee you're safety like the required distance between one another and so on.
I am still going to work as well, as I work in an IKEA. My work does require me to be in the office area of the building. However, to those in the store and therefore don't have the option to work from home, have been granted security measures. Only 300 people are allowed in at any given time and their help desks are surrounded by plexiglass to name 2 examples.
My own colleagues are at home and we take turns per week who works alone from the office.

And that guarantees your safety? Awesome! FOH

GreyHorace

I'm sad that you reply to one sentence and skip the entire elaboration as to how it could (possibly should) be done to those who can easily start working from home.

All people that can work from home here are given the option to do so in these times. Your employer needs to make that happen for you if they cannot guarantee you're safety like the required distance between one another and so on.
I am still going to work as well, as I work in an IKEA. My work does require me to be in the office area of the building. However, to those in the store and therefore don't have the option to work from home, have been granted security measures. Only 300 people are allowed in at any given time and their help desks are surrounded by plexiglass to name 2 examples.
My own colleagues are at home and we take turns per week who works alone from the office.

Well good for you that IKEA can provide you and your coworkers with laptops. We don't have that luxury and only a handful of us have to work at the office. Our bosses are well aware of this risks of crowded spaces spreading the virus which is why less than half of the staff is present.

Still, thanks for lecturing me on how much better off your working conditions are compared to mine. I feel so chastised now.

Paasei

Well good for you that IKEA can provide you and your coworkers with laptops. We don't have that luxury and only a handful of us have to work at the office. Our bosses are well aware of this risks of crowded spaces spreading the virus which is why less than half of the staff is present.

Still, thanks for lecturing me on how much better off your working conditions are compared to mine. I feel so chastised now.

Thanks. So then that means your little rascal Kevin is working with the same conditions as you. He can't help it just like you and is probably just happy that at least he still has a job. Yet he's being frowned upon, because somehow he's the only one at a high risk for catching and spreading the virus.

And that guarantees your safety? Awesome! FOH
To the best or their abilities, yes. Everything else is up to the crowd that comes in and if not they get kicked out.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

Thanks. So then that means your little rascal Kevin is working with the same conditions as you. He can't help it just like you and is probably just happy that at least he still has a job. Yet he's being frowned upon, because somehow he's the only one at a high risk for catching and spreading the virus.

That was sarcasm btw.

And no, Kevin is not being frowned upon needlessly, since he chose to withhold information with regards to his sister being a frontliner. I already gave an example of two of our editors going into quarantiine for the sake of the office. Yet this asshole chose to put us at risk. As far as I am concerned he deserves the ridicule.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
How can a newspaper be so big that it has 4 or 5 editors but can't afford laptops for it's staff. Hell you must be working on some computer at the office even if it's a desktop, just allow the employees to take them home.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
His sister was the one who got tested. And so far no results have been confirmed. He should have refrained from coming to work until the results were known.

Thank you for the concern, but I'm fine. The fact that I'm ranting here on GAF and not punching Kevin's lights out could be considered a good thing, no?

It's cute that you people think that all the employees at our office have a PC at home to work from. Or that they can afford to not work for a month. I'll always be thankful to the paper for giving us this opportunity to work during this pandemic. Our superiors have taken the necessary precautions, only for Kevin to almost ruin it with his bullshit.

Like I said. Fuck him.

So you get to work but Kevin doesn't?

Also, you didn't answer my question. If his sisters swab is negative, does he get to come back to work?

Last edited:

Yoboman

Sure, now he's just a little boy playing Fortnite and Ark but soon he'll be a grown man stealing stadiums and quarries

Top Bottom