• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat 11 - Mileena Gameplay Trailer

FlyLo

I really hope they completely revamp how they do animations next time out. It looks like sped-up mocap.

keraj37

6w0LjHq.png

Helios

The animation where she plays five finger fillet on Dvorah's head and than checks her fingers is pretty cool. The rest is really boring but at this point it's to be expected from NRS. Really feels like she was just thrown in here because of how popular she is on twitter (for whatever reason).

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Man even Arcana Heart has a more refined and fluid combat system than this. That being said I miss her MK9 appearance.

I really hope they completely revamp how they do animations next time out. It looks like sped-up mocap.
I tried to explain that to someone before and they didn't know what I was talking about. Like how certain animations look like they're sped up and make it look unnatural. At least I'm not alone in that observation

GymWolf

I tried to explain that to someone before and they didn't know what I was talking about. Like how certain animations look like they're sped up and make it look unnatural. At least I'm not alone in that observation
The majority of people thinks that, you are far from alone.

Last edited:

Hostile_18

Banned
Hope modders add the revealing mk9 costumes just to piss people off

To be fair while some Injustice 2 and base MK 11 had something weird going on with conservative womens clothes ever since it's been at a point it dosnt feel unnatural. They did justice to Sindels character, gave Cassie more outfits that wernt just armour etc.

I'n loving the game and will be day 1 for the Ultimate edition. Just playing through the Aftermath expansion as we speak. Really hope theres more characters/stages and story content to come as the data mining suggests. Would love Cyrax and Reptile, perhaps a 3D era character or two as well.

The animations was improved a lot...Look the older games.

People don't understand they have the money to do animations better than Tekken, but just don't fit because of the moves, playstyle...And they are right to keep their animation style.

NOWDAYS, its not ugly, just different.

Faithless83

Banned
Really? I personally thought it was better, but man, I just want a feeling like 9 again. :(

Mk9 was amazing on so many levels. The best story mode ever on a fighting game.

Gameplay on MK11 feels stiff, they tried to pull a SF and it didn't work.
So it was not a MK game nor a good footsies based one.

Also I think the female designs are fugly. No need to pull a Dead or Alive, but it was a step in the (woke) wrong direction IMO.

My main was Kitana on MKX and they butchered her on MK11.

MiguelItUp

Mk9 was amazing on so many levels. The best story mode ever on a fighting game.

Gameplay on MK11 feels stiff, they tried to pull a SF and it didn't work.
So it was not a MK game nor a good footsies based one.

Also I think the female designs are fugly. No need to pull a Dead or Alive, but it was a step in the (woke) wrong direction IMO.

My main was Kitana on MKX and they butchered her on MK11.
My man. It's odd to me how far they drifted from 9. It was SOOOOOOO good. It felt like the world knew it too, I mean, the marketing and advertising for 9 was through the roof. I miss my retro looking MK arcade stick, haha.

I feel ya and that's an accurate AF description. I've been playing a lot lately as I just wanted to get the Reptile Scorpion skin (he's usually my main, and this is as close as it gets to him being there) and I've realized how much I really don't like playing online, lmao. Again, I LOVED 9 online, and I legit played it for forever. That feeling disappeared with X/11.

Yeah, I feel like they've let off of that a BIT since the launch game, but there's still this bizarre "woke" aspect that still lingers.

The graphics are amazing, but it doesn't save some of the female renders, lol.

Here's to hoping the next it closer to 9.

My man. It's odd to me how far they drifted from 9. It was SOOOOOOO good. It felt like the world knew it too, I mean, the marketing and advertising for 9 was through the roof. I miss my retro looking MK arcade stick, haha.

I feel ya and that's an accurate AF description. I've been playing a lot lately as I just wanted to get the Reptile Scorpion skin (he's usually my main, and this is as close as it gets to him being there) and I've realized how much I really don't like playing online, lmao. Again, I LOVED 9 online, and I legit played it for forever. That feeling disappeared with X/11.

Yeah, I feel like they've let off of that a BIT since the launch game, but there's still this bizarre "woke" aspect that still lingers.

Parents killing each other in the most brutal way - Fine.
Female sexy clothes - NO

Last edited:

kunonabi

To be fair while some Injustice 2 and base MK 11 had something weird going on with conservative womens clothes ever since it's been at a point it dosnt feel unnatural. They did justice to Sindels character, gave Cassie more outfits that wernt just armour etc.

I'n loving the game and will be day 1 for the Ultimate edition. Just playing through the Aftermath expansion as we speak. Really hope theres more characters/stages and story content to come as the data mining suggests. Would love Cyrax and Reptile, perhaps a 3D era character or two as well.

Yeah, MK11 improved quite bit with the female designs as it went along outside of Sheeva who NRS apparently just hates with a passion.

Heck, even in the base game you could get some decent custom looks with most of the ladies as it was really the default designs that were especially awful.

Faithless83

Banned

Sadly the guys I play with are not that much into fighting games (filthy casuals :messenger_tears_of_joy: ) so online is my jam.
I'm not great (just average, currently close to gold ranking on SF5 Cammy currently my main there).

MK online is usually pretty good, but the community is nowhere near SF5 level of players.
Hopefully they'll all use rollback netcode from now on.

I do enjoy MK even though I'm more on Capcom/SNK camp.
MK DLC characters are top notch, though. Rambo looks great.

Here's to hope they "fix" it on MK12.

Top Bottom