• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More new PSP love

Jonnyram

Shinseiki Evangelion II
Sengoku Musou
Monster Hunter portable (Dec)
Boku no Watashi no Katamari Damacy
Chuugen no Hasha (Namco)
Also rumours of Mingol 2 PSP in Dec

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Boku no Watashi no Katamari Damacy

13en.jpg

GDGF

Soothsayer
littlewig said:
What happened to all the rumors of the Katamari DS version? :lol

It was never announced, really (not to my knowledge anyway)

One of those rumors that was just that.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
littlewig said:
What happened to all the rumors of the Katamari DS version? :lol

They misspelled PSP as DS

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
katamari psp makes so much more sense than katamari ds. for all that it's touted as a victory for design over technology, katamari needs strong 3d. and the music is at least half the point of katamari. i wonder how they're going to handle the controls.

mingol 2 = YES PLEASE. sengoku musou will be cool too if they can improve technically on dynasty warriors psp.

Jonnyram

drohne said:
katamari psp makes so much more sense than katamari ds.
Now, I'm not disagreeing with you for one minute here, but I am interested to know how KD will control on the PSP. Any thoughts?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jonnyram said:
Now, I'm not disagreeing with you for one minute here, but I am interested to know how KD will control on the PSP. Any thoughts?

First PSP game with a tilt sensor!

drohne

it might control something like an fps...analog nub to control your direction, face buttons to control movement. who knows -- maybe it'll be a different style of game.

Jonnyram said:

hmmm....maybe the turns will be done via the R/L buttons the face buttons could offer various camera zoom options (Triangle Zoom In and X for Zoom out).

newsguy

Katamari= Perfect on the go. Holy shit I won;t have money left for next gen! Burnout, Madden, GTA, X men Legends, WE PSP...

Ironclad

Jonnyram said:
I can see them using the sole analog nub to control the katamari as you roll the ball around and L & R could be used to rotate the prince around the katamari. Just a quick thought even though the tilt sensor doesn't sound too bad either.

Damn, this is great news. The flood gates seem to be opening. Rumors of Mingol 2 as well? Hot damn.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
drohne said:
it might control something like an fps...analog nub to control your direction, face buttons to control movement. who knows -- maybe it'll be a different style of game.

That could work since you don't use the face buttons for anything else in Katamari.

Amir0x

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Probably like use the analog stick, and R/L to rotate or some dumb shit.

drohne

monchi-kun said:
hmmm....maybe the turns will be done via the R/L buttons the face buttons could offer various camera zoom options (Triangle Zoom In and X for Zoom out).

that's much better than my idea.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Drinky Crow said:
SELL YOUR DSes, IT'S ALL OVER
i'm going to buy a DS just so I can sell it back to the EB i buy it from, immediately after the transaction is made. then i'll put that money i get for trading in a DS towards a PSP.

SolidSnakex said:
Just in time for Eri's debut album.

KLee its Hot Shots Golf.

They need to get some Asian Kung-Fu Generation into Lumines 2....heck, Kimi No Machi Made it's one of the BEST tracks on Ouendan

Amzin

brandonnn said:
Is this gonna be the rasta version? I and I's Katamari?

The particle 'no' makes boku and watashi possessives, which means it's "My My Katamari" as Johnnyram already mentioned.

This concludes your 5-second nihongo lesson of the day. :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can't wait to see Katamari on the PSP. I have a feeling the cozy visuals of that game will look awesome on it if they can port the engine smoothly. On PS2 the game looks a bit jaggy, but given PSPs obligatory progressive scan mode... hmm, can't wait.

Top Bottom