• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

yacobod

Banned
I thought we were a whiny bunch complaining about the Ultimate, but then I decided to go and read the WrassleGAF thread. Damn. Wonder why they watch it when they so actively hate the product.

I'm pretty burned out on the Ultimate for the most part, but I can still enjoy a good scrap.

yacobod

Banned
picking a heavily favored fighter to win by the most likely outcome isn't really grounds to gloat. i'm just saying.

next thing you're going to say is i'm going to miss on you celebrating GSP decision-ing Conduit.

I thought we were a whiny bunch complaining about the Ultimate, but then I decided to go and read the WrassleGAF thread. Damn. Wonder why they watch it when they so actively hate the product.

I'm pretty burned out on the Ultimate for the most part, but I can still enjoy a good scrap.
Yeah that sure is a sorry bunch in that thread, and after seeing this year's Wrestlemania and Extreme Rules I can see why. Being a pro wrestling fan these days seems like an exercise in masochism.

And yacob, you seem to be quite confident in Andy.. care to make an avatar wager as well?

I have heard from the grapevine that pro wrasslers Vader and Haku were offered to fight in old skool UFC back in the early/mid 90's. I really wonder how they would do back in the dark age days. Haku was rumored to be one of the toughest dudes and would fit right in dark age UFC.

yacobod

Banned
poly, perhaps you've missed it but sien916 and I have been driving the Chael Sonnen train over Anderson Silva. It's going to be our crusade to bury Anderson as being overrated after he drops his belt.

If the fight was in Brazil, no way would I pick Chael, but in Vegas I'll take him as the underdog. I think he matches up well stylistically with Anderson, and doesn't let him fight from the outside.

Heel

poly, perhaps you've missed it but sien916 and I have been driving the Chael Sonnen train over Anderson Silva. It's going to be our crusade to bury Anderson as being overrated after he drops his belt.

Anderson will be given the stern MMA rear view treatment he deserves, friend.

yacobod

Banned
wish Natch didn't forsaken us so he could tell us how boring Chael is and that he's Jon Fitch with a sports entertainment personality.

DKehoe

I have heard from the grapevine that pro wrasslers Vader and Haku were offered to fight in old skool UFC back in the early/mid 90's. I really wonder how they would do back in the dark age days. Haku was rumored to be one of the toughest dudes and would fit right in dark age UFC.

I dunno about Vader but Haku was. They wanted him to take part since he had a reputation for being the worlds toughest brawler (among other things he pulled out a guys eyeball). Haku declined though since it was too short notice and wanted to get in shape if he was going to do it.

So Roy Nelson goes from fighting Bigfoot to Gonzaga all the way to Herman. Roy must be relieved. Bigfoot would have squashed him and Zaga would have won as well.

ehh fuck it i'm buying a couple cheapie tickets for 148, worse comes to worse i'll sell em on stubhub.. I'll just drive to Vegas this time.

parrot, just a reminder they go on sale in about 10 minutes.
Ya, I couldn't do it. Every way I looked at it, it was too much money to spend on one night. Maybe if I hadn't just gone to Vegas last month. Also couldn't convince anyone to go with me.

word is Uncle Dana is going to give Nate Diaz the next title shot at 155# if he beats Jim Miller.

Man fuck that, Pettis deserves the shot, he already has a win over Bendo for fuck's sake.

But let's be real here, Edgar will eke out a close decision and we will see Bendo/Edgar 3 in 2013.

If the fight was in Brazil, no way would I pick Chael, but in Vegas I'll take him as the underdog. I think he matches up well stylistically with Anderson, and doesn't let him fight from the outside.
ahh cool you're gonna "Ninja Scooter" him? I'm down.

yacobod

Banned
But let's be real here, Edgar will eke out a close decision and we will see Bendo/Edgar 3 in 2013.

Oh I know. Trilogy is a sure thing imo. I don't even understand why Dana would go ahead and announce that already, but whatever. And between now and Bendo/Edgar 3, one of them will get injured further delaying the fight. 155# is going to be on hold for the next 18 months.

I'd be down with Nate vs Pettis for number 1 contender provided Nate beats Miller.

Heel

With that said, final voting:

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

MMA |OT3| Scrapping like they have no education or employable skills to fall back on.

The new thread is locked and loaded.

Oh I know. Trilogy is a sure thing imo. I don't even understand why Dana would go ahead and announce that already, but whatever. And between now and Bendo/Edgar 3, one of them will get injured further delaying the fight. 155# is going to be on hold for the next 18 months.
That's why I said the third fight would happen in 2013.

yacobod

Banned

MMA |OT3| Scrapping like they have no education or employable skills to fall back on.

Is a much more appropriate thread title for the prevailing attitude that dominates discussion.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I can get behind the first one.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
MMA |OT3| You're Only As Bad As Your Last Fight

Otherwise:

ShaneB

Here's my contribution to this thread ending...

Kitten+and+Puppy5.jpg

It doesn't add much, but it's adorable isn't it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
am i the only one who expected much better fighters on TUF brasil and is severely disappointed thus far? these jobbers are nearly as bad as our jobbers

discuss
for the next few posts till this thread is banished forever

Is a much more appropriate thread title for the prevailing attitude that dominates discussion.

You know what, I'm changing my choice. Yacob has swayed me. This gets my vote now.

Also, this is my first time seeing that t-shirt, I feel honored, lol

Poly that was a super stealth edit

yeah i was trying to figure out a better way to be dismissive of JMMA

also yacob, DO IT

and sazabi, I know it's tough to tell Japanese cans apart, but that particular can goes by the name of Ikuhisa Minowa. The kids liked to call him Minowaman. He was kind of relevant for a little while way back in the day when he won the DREAM Super Hulk tourney by TKOing fellow can Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou.

Top Bottom