• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
So Dana is telling Conor and Poirier if they want to fight it has to be done at lightweight. Good. You can't have a backdoor through the division by doing fights at the weightclass above

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Leon Edwards got removed from the rankings. Is that mofo ever going to accept a fight? Fight wonderboy for Christ’s sake. He better not lose whatever fight comes next or they might cut him

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Adesanya’s coach has said that they are not interested in a rematch with Whittaker at all, so looks like he’s going to go up and fight Blachowicz. Looks like a real pussy move after taunting Jon Jones for so long. Hope Jan knocks his head off

SpiceRacz

Interesting. There's no way he's coming back to fight anyone other than GSP. I don't know that anyone else adds much to his legacy aside from maybe a WW title fight vs Usman/Burns winner.

Last edited:
The card tomorrow actually looks pretty good for a fight night. Bobby Green, Greg Hardy, Andre Fili, Uriah Hall, Anderson Silva, there's legit some fight nights where I don't know who any of the fighters are.

JimiNutz

Banned
Silva potentially retiring makes me feel really old.

Chuck Liddell was the main star when I first started watching MMA but it didn't take long for Silva to arrive in the UFC and quickly establish himself as my favourite fighter.

I remember watching his debut against Leben and being impressed but was blown away when he absolutely demolished Franklin with such ferocity (twice) to earn his middleweight belt.

Over the years he's had some controversy but his destruction of Belfort with that front kick to the face, Griffin and Bonnar at LHW plus the comeback in the last round against Sonnen (and then destruction of Sonnen in the rematch) cemented him as one of my favourite fighters of all time (I was also live at the O2 in London for Silva vs Bisping and wasn't that far away from the cage when that flying knee landed).

I like Hall but I hope the Spider goes out with one last victory tonight.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Silva potentially retiring makes me feel really old.

Chuck Liddell was the main star when I first started watching MMA but it didn't take long for Silva to arrive in the UFC and quickly establish himself as my favourite fighter.

I remember watching his debut against Leben and being impressed but was blown away when he absolutely demolished Franklin with such ferocity (twice) to earn his middleweight belt.

Over the years he's had some controversy but his destruction of Belfort with that front kick to the face, Griffin and Bonnar at LHW plus the comeback in the last round against Sonnen (and then destruction of Sonnen in the rematch) cemented him as one of my favourite fighters of all time (I was also live at the O2 in London for Silva vs Bisping and wasn't that far away from the cage when that flying knee landed).

I like Hall but I hope the Spider goes out with one last victory tonight.
What did you think of the Silva Bisping result?

Lmao Dana shit on Uriah. Said Silva fought someone with 0 output and one of the most gunshy fighters in the UFC and still lost, he needs to retire. I agree, Uriah is way too timid, he's not getting anywhere near the belt.

SpiceRacz

Holy shit. Dana said they're going to make Blachowicz vs Adesanya.

Also, for as harsh as Dana was at that press conference, he's totally right. Silva is fucking 45. He probably needs to hang it up at this point.

JimiNutz

Banned
What did you think of the Silva Bisping result?

Everyone thought the fight was over after that knee. To see Bisping not only continue fighting on but actually win the next round was incredible and I gained a lot of respect for Bisping after that fight.

At the time I must admit I thought Silva was going to get the decision because Bisping looked a mess but I was happy to see Bisping win and when I rewatched it at home I remember thinking that he maybe did just enough to get the decision.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Everyone thought the fight was over after that knee. To see Bisping not only continue fighting on but actually win the next round was incredible and I gained a lot of respect for Bisping after that fight.

At the time I must admit I thought Silva was going to get the decision because Bisping looked a mess but I was happy to see Bisping win and when I rewatched it at home I remember thinking that he maybe did just enough to get the decision.
Funny you mentioned it cause I was just reading this retro review

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/10...chael-bisping-vs-anderson-silva-at-ufc-london

JimiNutz

Banned
Funny you mentioned it cause I was just reading this retro review

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/10...chael-bisping-vs-anderson-silva-at-ufc-london

It was a great fight and I agree with that analysis. Bisping pushed the pace and was throwing a lot of volume. Silva landed the harder shots but Bisping simply landed more.

Another great Bisping fight was his title defence against Hendo in Manchester. It was awesome seeing Bisping defend the belt in his hometown. The fight was really entertaining as well - especially at one point when Hendo clipped Bisping with a huge shot and it looked like we could see a repeat of their first UFC 100 fight.

Ah this has got me reminiscing about all of the live UFC events that I've seen.
The first event I went to was UFC 75 Rampage vs Hendo which was incredible because Hendo had been the Pride champion so it was billed as champion vs champion - we never really got fights of that caliber in England up until that point.

I also got to meet Forrest Griffin at the
Manuwa vs Gustafson weigh in (which I bunked off work to attend). Forrest Griffin had been one of my favourite fighters when I first started watching MMA so that was really cool.

nKMWkXK.jpg

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
It was a great fight and I agree with that analysis. Bisping pushed the pace and was throwing a lot of volume. Silva landed the harder shots but Bisping simply landed more.

Another great Bisping fight was his title defence against Hendo in Manchester. It was awesome seeing Bisping defend the belt in his hometown. The fight was really entertaining as well - especially at one point when Hendo clipped Bisping with a huge shot and it looked like we could see a repeat of their first UFC 100 fight.

Ah this has got me reminiscing about all of the live UFC events that I've seen.
The first event I went to was UFC 75 Rampage vs Hendo which was incredible because Hendo had been the Pride champion so it was billed as champion vs champion - we never really got fights of that caliber in England up until that point.

I also got to meet Forrest Griffin at the
Manuwa vs Gustafson weigh in (which I bunked off work to attend). Forrest Griffin had been one of my favourite fighters when I first started watching MMA so that was really cool.

nKMWkXK.jpg
I see the Griffin v Silva free fight is on YouTube at the moment. Hearing him talk about the loss is hilarious

JimiNutz

Banned
I see the Griffin v Silva free fight is on YouTube at the moment. Hearing him talk about the loss is hilarious

Oh fuck yeah that was embarrassing at the time so glad he's able to laugh about it now. I think I remember him running out of the cage afterwards in shame lol

Griffin is a funny fucker, it's been a while since I read it but I remember his book 'Got Fight' being hilarious and filled with great stories.

manfestival

Much respect to Silva. He shoulda hung up the gloves a long time ago but I totally get that the fighter spirit wants to keep going. However, those moments after the fight between Uriah and Anderson were special.

SpiceRacz

Teixeira mostly dominating this round.

2nd round 10-8 for Glover. This is very one-sided so far.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

The 2 knockdowns aside, Teixieira worked him. Dude is 41 and will probably be next in line for a title shot.

Also, Glover looks a fucking gremlin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom