• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

frostyxc

Overeem almost got caught early (like he almost always does) by serving up his chin on a platter. Luckily, for Overeem, Sakai isn't in great shape and didn't knock out Overeem when he had the chance.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
This guy tells it like it is about Anthony Smith

Smith did not lose to Rakic because he was too small. He lost because he’s not a great fighter. That’s going to sound like fighter bashing, but I’m sorry, it’s just the facts. Go to Tapology and look at Anthony Smith’s record. Do you notice anything? There’s a reason he has a 33-16 record, and it’s not because, a la Randy Couture, he only ever fought world-class fighters. Smith spent most of his career as an also-ran because that’s what he is. He’s a decent fighter, with some power, some grit and decent grappling. But he’s never been a great fighter. He just happened to have a good run that earned him a title shot in the thinnest division in the sport.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/9/...erguson-vs-dustin-poirier-and-the-bmf-rematch

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Next weeks card might make up for how shit this weeks one is

jgOZWnn.jpg

Arkam

ANy yall watch Bellator last night? Was not there best card, but had some solid fights. And most memorably was when Raymond Daniels gave Stanonick back-to-back spinning back kicks to the cup. Both looked brutal. Imagine getting kicked by Daniels in the boys, only to need the whole 5 min to recover and then WAM another one within 10 seconds of resuming. Stanonick was carried out on a stretcher. Ouch. In other fights, Davis looked good, Machida not as much. Cat got that comeback fight out of the way. She didn't look too bad, but definitely a ghost of her former self.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
ive gotta see this dick kicking

edit: saw it. fucking lol at the second shot

Last edited:

frostyxc

Next weeks card might make up for how shit this weeks one is

jgOZWnn.jpg
My enjoyment of this card will be in proportion to how much Woodley cries.

I only casually follow Bellator, but with Machida (Regardless of losing!) fighting and a double nut blast, I now want to check this event out.

Edit: I just watched that heel-to-the-balls combo meal that Daniels delivered. The breathless cries of "Oh god!" and whimpering was simultaneously funny and sad. Ouch! With a crowd, you wouldn't get that kind of quality family entertainment.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Who is that chick that checks up on the fighters after each round? Thickest white chick I’ve ever seen

Anybody got a name? Chick is easily the thickest woman on television, of all time

GymWolf

Watching waterson vs hill right now and i don't know if i'm more impressed by how short waterson's legs are or how can hill have such a flat ass...

Last edited:

GymWolf

Man i was watching lawler vs colby, and that guy really has the shittiest pillow punches and kicks i ever seen...i'm pretty sure that mendez or conor or kattar or stephens as featherweight or even aldo or garbrandt at bantamweight hits way harder than him.

the chance of him KOing a washed up woodley are 1 in a billion or less.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Man i was watching lawler vs colby, and that guy really has the shittiest pillow punches and kicks i ever seen...i'm pretty sure that mendez or conor or kattar or stephens as featherweight or even aldo or garbrandt at bantamweight hits way harder than him.

the chance of him KOing a washed up woodley are 1 in a billion or less.
It will be Colby peppering him for 5 rounds and Woodley backing up and waiting for the perfect punch and then not doing anything

SpiceRacz

I'd like to see Chandler make the jump. I am concerned about his age though. 34 is not young in MMA and they would be catching him, probably, at the end of his prime (assuming he's still in his prime). They should immediately throw him against Tony Ferguson, Poirier, or Dan Hooker.

Last edited:

GymWolf

my god i would get demolished by a single body shot from costa, i don't know how romero didn't broke any ribs in this fight...

Last edited:

GymWolf

Ohhhh shit. I hope they make they schedule that fight soon. Chandler should be ready since his last match was only 2 minutes.
chandler without bellator horse meat treatment is getting ankle picked and d'arced in the 3rd round imo.

GymWolf

If colby can get a noticeable upgrade in power he is gonna dominate welterweight.

Can you even imagine him knocking out the frozen one?

Last edited:

Ornlu

Banned
If colby can get a noticeable upgrade in power he is gonna dominate welterweight.

Can you even imagine him knocking out the frozen one?

Yeah, but you don't just suddenly develop power. It seems to be one of those "you either got it or you don't" kind of things.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I don’t understand how people like rumble Johnson and Ngannou have that kinda power. Where are the mechanics of it

Ornlu

Banned
I don’t understand how people like rumble Johnson and Ngannou have that kinda power. Where are the mechanics of it

I love it when you get fighters like Bisping (and others), where they don't look like they hit with real power, but somehow have people seeing stars. Some people just hit hard as fuck.

GymWolf

more explosive muscle fibers, aka genetics mostly.

yes you can train and eat to transform part of your muscle types and you can train specifically to be explosive (i did something similar in bodybuilding many years ago), but you born with them mostly.

Someone can argue that how you throw a punch is as important as being explosive, but nganno has a shitty technique compared to elite strikers and still has a big advantage compared to other heavyweights, same for lewis.

Top Bottom