• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Mind Explaining This S**t?" - Your Favourite Guilty Pleasures

When I'm making threads on NeoGAF there's a certain approach I will take to ensure a pleasant experience for all users. I'll begin with a small introductory paragraph highlighting my inspiration and what I'm hoping people will share, not to mention the rules I want to enforce for fairness and my own personal submissions. But since most people don't read the intro and don't bother following the rules anyway, I thought we'd leapfrog all that nonsense and get right into it.

Topic: Guilty Pleasures

Something, such as a film, television programme, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.

Mine:

90_Day_Fiance_logo.jpg

There are tonnes of train wreck reality TV shows out there focusing on people who need a lobotomy, but one that I've recently been checking out is 90 Day Fiancé. The couples on here are absolutely hysterical and it makes for good television. One aspect I dislike is how the crew intentionally manufacture drama by making the contestants talk about awkward topics instead of letting it come naturally. Aside from that this show is insightful about different cultures and religions and entertaining at the same time.

iBch3jt5yA4T7LdNb9Zxib.jpg

People love to crap on Nickelback, I wrote the same thing within another thread. And even though I won't be attending a concert anytime soon, I'm not ashamed to state that I like some of their songs. "How You Remind Me, Hero, Rockstar" are my favourite.

henry-goode-s-soft-liquorice-classic-140g-packet-uk-11321-p.png

Most people hate black liquorice and I won't be surprised to see many people here dislike it. This confection has the bonus of easing heartburn, constipation and with little sugar. Too much is fatal, but I occasionally have a bag to myself.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I don't have guilty pleasures. I like what I like.

kingfey

Banned
Lets see
Youtube took over my entertainment. I havent watched a movie for 6 straight month.

I also watch recaps, to avoid time wasting movies, and tv shows. I get more info about them that way.

That is my guilty pleasure.

BlvckFox

Gold Member
Dont forget to add that NFL team of yours, OP. As far as guilty pleasures go, nothing comes to mind but 90 day fiancé was a show I felt weird watching the first time. Now I fucking love that show.

Catphish

I have the hots for Jennifer Lawrence so bad, I can't stand it.

I always watch her movies with ulterior motives. :pie_smirking:

nush

511SaVBQraL._AC_SX385_.jpg

So bad it loops back around to being amazing. I have the Blu Ray, if there's a UHD I'm on that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Mine:

90_Day_Fiance_logo.jpg

There are tonnes of train wreck reality TV shows out there focusing on people who need a lobotomy, but one that I've recently been checking out is 90 Day Fiancé. The couples on here are absolutely hysterical and it makes for good television. One aspect I dislike is how the crew intentionally manufacture drama by making the contestants talk about awkward topics instead of letting it come naturally. Aside from that this show is insightful about different cultures and religions and entertaining at the same time.
Hbo GIF by Silicon Valley

Not even feeling guilty, 90 Day Fiancé is the shit

FunkMiller

Gold Member

I fucking love these movies, no matter how terrible they are (and boy, are some of them truly terrible).

Last edited:

NahaNago

eh, I like nickelback. I like tons of music that would have folks looking at me crazy if they heard it coming out my car speakers.

I don't like regular licorice so I doubt I'd like black licorice.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
My guilty pleasures are I enjoy the Witcher on the switch and I don’t give a shit about frame rate or resolution.

Sometimes I listen to a few Coldplay songs and I like those particular songs. Not all Coldplay songs, I like some U2 songs. I will listen to meatloaf. This isn’t a guilty pleasure. More just letting everyone know as meatloaf rocks.

Love liquorice like can eat a bag easily. But also can’t eat it anymore as bad for me.

Sometimes I watch trash tv with the wife and I enjoy it. 90 day fiancé can be legit great. Kardashians no

Last edited:

Tams

I really like Coldplay. They have some stinkers (even some whole albums), but eh. Well, I don't actually feel guilty about liking them.

I like watching NCIS, How I Met Your Mother, and The Big Bang Theory. They all have terrible stereotypes in them that often don't even make sense. The jokes are usually utter crap. And the stories usually not great. Yet somehow I can watch hours of them.

Liquorice is pretty strong, but I quite like it now and then. Here in Japan, most hate it if they have even tried it.

Dont forget to add that NFL team of yours
How does that apply? Baby this is New York City, everybody loves the place and the team for kicking TB12’s ass twice.
I have the hots for Jennifer Lawrence so bad, I can't stand it.

I always watch her movies with ulterior motives. :pie_smirking:
The power of the B-O-O-T-Y
640@60.jpg

Climate Change GIF by GIPHY News

Oooh, boy...
What’s that supposed to represent?
Love liquorice like can eat a bag easily. But also can’t eat it anymore as bad for me.
How come?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
How does that apply? Baby this is New York City, everybody loves the place and the team for kicking TB12’s ass twice.

The power of the B-O-O-T-Y
640@60.jpg

What’s that supposed to represent?

How come?
Blood pressure issues also are could eat a bag a day easily.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Best rendition of When A Man Loves A Woman IMO. I love this song. A shame this singer only has 346 subscribers.

This one is good too.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Music:

• Skrillex
  • Broadway recordings of various musicals (Les Miserables, Cats, Etc.)
  • Anime Soundtracks
Movies:

• Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
  • Fright Night (Remake)
  • Serenity
Video Games:

• White Knight Chronicles (I like it despite the awkward battle system and the fact the character you make is not the main character.)
  • Sengoku Basara
  • The Sims 3

Top Bottom