• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft working with Vavle for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasicat

They may be talking about the XBPlay app in the Discover section of the desktop. I have been using it since November and it has quite a bit of neat features included with it. You can even download it first to make sure you are happy with it before you buy it.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Let’s hypothetically say this works or is true what kind of performance could we expect from PC Games on an Xbox? Games would have to be patched or redesigned to work with the Xbox

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
My perception has always been that Valve doesn't like or trust Microsoft. That's the whole reason behind Steam Deck and it's push to provide an alternative space for Steam and PC gaming away from the clutches of MS in case they attempt some crazy shit.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
I might be dumb, but can someone please explain to me what Microsoft will gain by allowing Steam on their platform? Do they get any sale revenue? Because Steam games are usually a lot cheaper than Xbox games.

jm89

I might be dumb, but can someone please explain to me what Microsoft will gain by allowing Steam on their platform? Do they get any sale revenue? Because Steam games are usually a lot cheaper than Xbox games.
It's a last desperate effort to save their hardware business, by making it more attractive to more buyers.

I'm shocked Xbox fans are jumping up and down about this, it's another move to make the Xbox ecosystem more irrelevant. It could effectively kill off the Xbox store.

I'll be surprised if valve agree on any cut.

Last edited:
The Xbox won't be able to play the pc games very well natively, but if you think about how the steam deck runs an emulator to play games that support the emulator, I would think it would work like that. The xbox becomes a more powerful steam deck.
So game that are native to xbox you'd just buy those but certain steam games that arnt on xbox you would buy those.

Topher

Gold Member
Install Windows.

Animated GIF

Astray

Gold Member
That dude is probably one of the biggest clowns on Twitter tbh.

Never seen anything that disproves this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom