• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft against curvy women

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Don't hate me MS.

XKeCcV3.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is what they said:

Are you reinforcing any negative gender stereotypes?

• Are you unnecessarily introducing gender & gender barriers into your code or design?
  • Are you creating playable female characters that are equal in skill and ability to their male peers. Are your female characters equipped with clothing and armor that fits their tasks? Do they have exaggerated body proportions?
  • When the story allows, do you show male characters who display a full range of emotions, including joy, sadness, and vulnerability?

I dont think curvy women=exaggerated body proportions like the website editorializes.

Pejo

If they go through with the Fable main character, they have no one else than themselves to blame if the game underperforms. Which would be a shame, as looks extremely beautiful (except for the MC).
If it's like past Fables, the MC is a character creator OC. This is just for marketing. So they thought that the goblin they've been using would make people want to buy the game.

John Bilbo

This is what they said:

• Are you unnecessarily introducing gender & gender barriers into your code or design?
  • Are you creating playable female characters that are equal in skill and ability to their male peers. Are your female characters equipped with clothing and armor that fits their tasks? Do they have exaggerated body proportions?
  • When the story allows, do you show male characters who display a full range of emotions, including joy, sadness, and vulnerability?

I dont think curvy women=exaggerated body proportions like the website editorializes.
To stylize or to make a caricature one has to exaggerate facial features and body proportions.

Saber

Gold Member
This is what they said:

They already started bad even before reaching the female body stuff lol

This is what they said:

The questions are made so that the answer is implicit in them. This is the way censors do it so they can't be called out.

You, me, and everybody know what is "reinforcing negative gender stereotypes"? Let's not play dumb with this.

"are your female characters equipped with clothing that fits their tasks" ??

This is Spanish Inquisition level of censorship.

violence

This is what they said:

Overwatch characters have “exaggerated body proportions”, But this is clearly not what they’re talking about. I think most people guessed this was a case sometime between Halo 4 and 5.

This is what they said:

Do you really think XBox is worried that female character can have the feet of an elephant or the neck of an ostrich ?

Microsoft hates curvy women? Actually the vast majority of the gaming industry hates curvy and attractive women, but Microsoft is being ridiculous. Further proof the West is trying to destroy anything associated with femininity and beauty. The crazy part is, there are curvy, attractive women in real life so are they considered inappropriate or degrading as well? I bet developers have no problem with giant, muscular shirtless handsome men though.

Last edited:

DrFigs

curvy women are sexist. duh
This is what they said:

dammit, OP tricked me

Last edited:

havoc00

Define exaggerated. Is Sofia Vergara exaggerated? Is Sydney Sweeney exaggerated? Angeline Jolie? Nikki Minaj, the diversity and inclusion champion? Kim Kardashian? Skinny queens Rooney and others like her; the read head from stranger things?
Fat chicks like Queen latifah and Megan Mccarthy?
What the FUCK does exaggerated mean?

Top Bottom