• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards Pricing Glitch - 1 month GPU redeeming for 3 month GPU

Antwix

UPDATE : Deal seems to be dead

capture546516510gi3a.jpg

I saw this glitch earlier this morning and wanted to make sure all the lovely GAFers who use MS Rewards know about it.

It's simple as can be.

1) Redeem 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate for 12000 points (USA)
2) Get sent a code via your email.
3) Code will redeem for a 3 month GPU instead of 1 month.
4) Repeat as much as you want.

I personally confirmed this as working as of 5 minutes ago. 3 month GPU costs 35000 points so you are saving a big chunk of points.

Last edited:

acm2000

just says "there is an issue with your account or order, please contact support" when i try do it in the UK

Antwix

just says "there is an issue with your account or order, please contact support" when i try do it in the UK
Are you by any chance using a VPN? I'm in the USA but I pretty much always have a VPN running and it gave me that error the first time I tried. I disconnected from my VPN and tried again and it went thru just fine.

Antwix

Fuck it, I'm going in, re-upping till 2026 lol.

Topher Topher

get in, time to use all those reward points !
Yep, just for reference. 1 year = 48000 points = just under $50 per year.

Plus I imagine, since they are just codes getting sent via email, Microsoft has no way of "changing" what the code redeems for. So in theory, you can just redeem 10+ years of GPU if you have enough points and just keep redeeming each one every 3 months so you're not over the 3 year limit.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Plus I imagine, since they are just codes getting sent via email, Microsoft has no way of "changing" what the code redeems for. So in theory, you can just redeem 10+ years of GPU if you have enough points and just keep redeeming each one every 3 months so you're not over the 3 year limit.

I'm stopping at the 3 year mark to be on the safe side of caution, have a lot more points to spare but I'm restraining myself lol (also those points are for buying AW2 for 'free').

Ar¢tos

The codes don't have expire dates like psn codes?

SenkiDala

I'm stopping at the 3 year mark to be on the safe side of caution, have a lot more points to spare but I'm restraining myself lol (also those points are for buying AW2 for 'free').
how the hell can you have so many points ? I do all the quests and shit and I have like 18000 now. Btw I live in France / French account, is it US only ?

adamsapple

how the hell can you have so many points ? I do all the quests and shit and I have like 18000 now. Btw I live in France / French account, is it US only ?

I've read on the rewards reddit that US gets way more points than the rest of the world, so there's that. We get double points for searches and way more weekly/monthly quests as well.

I've also been stockpiling points for months now, Kilau Kilau shared a picture of his tally a few weeks ago and mine is a drop in the bucket compared to his lol.

Last edited:

Antwix

The codes don't have expire dates like psn codes?
Good shout out. I just looked at my email and the code I just redeemed has a expiration date of :

Expiration Date:
2025-01-12T00:00:00Z

So yeah, not 10+ years of hoarding but a couple years!

Last edited:

adamsapple

Good shout out. I just looked at my email and :

Expiration Date:
2025-01-12T00:00:00Z

So yeah, not 10+ years of hoarding but a couple years!

I think that's the case of expiry for you to use the code itself, if you have enough points and keep redeeming them, there's nothing stopping you from extending your GPU length as much as the points allow.

The 3 year thing was from the Gold > GPU conversion, you couldn't convert more than 3 years worth of Gold to GPU.

Last edited:

Kilau

I've read on the rewards reddit that US gets way more points than the rest of the world, so there's that. We get double points for searches and way more weekly/monthly quests as well.

I've also been stockpiling points for months now, Kilau Kilau shared a picture of his tally a few weeks ago and mine is a drop in the bucket compared to his lol.
Yes the US gets more chances to earn points, sometimes UK has things we don’t.

Is a great resource for making sure you can get all the points available each day/week/month. Including the emails you might miss out on.

Danknugz

maxed mine out until i got the message "hold off extending this right now, you've reached the limit of how far you can extend a subscription"

worked out almost perfectly as I used up most of my rewards bank and only the last code i tried got blocked.

Antwix

I think that's the case of expiry for you to use the code itself, if you have enough points and keep redeeming them, there's nothing stopping you from extending your GPU length as much as the points allow.

The 3 year thing was from the Gold > GPU conversion, you couldn't convert more than 3 years worth of Gold to GPU.
Right. It's for the code itself. I imagine they will be fixing this shortly as the GPU redemption button on MS rewards was missing for the past week or so, if i recall. They just added it back and obviously messed it up lol.

But just looking at it, as a rough estimate, the GPU codes redeemed today (at least for me) have an expiration date of about 1.5 years out.

Last edited:

Danknugz

nope, i got blocked from extending past 2026 they won't allow you to extend past 3 years apparently

adamsapple

nope, i got blocked from extending past 2026 they won't allow you to extend past 3 years apparently

Ah, that's news to me then. Looks like there is a hard cut-off date for how long you can extend the service itself then, they don't let you do 5, 10 years like people did for PS Plus.

adamsapple

Have you ever been such an idiot that you accidentally spent all your points on 1 month Xbox Live Gold redemptions instead of Game Pass?.... Asking for a friend...

I don't blame .. your friend .. the tiles on the redemption page are right next to each other and they have almost identical logos.

SenkiDala

Ahah I see, when rewards started there was a way to do the points on the same account for France, Ireland, UK, Belgium and many European counties, you could easily make 70€/month in points. I've been banned for a few months for this though. :D Since then I've been playing clean.

Well I have enough point for 1 month of GPU so I'll see if it works for French accounts.

adamsapple

Ahah I see, when rewards started there was a way to do the points on the same account for France, Ireland, UK, Belgium and many European counties, you could easily make 70€/month in points. I've been banned for a few months for this though. :D Since then I've been playing clean.

Well I have enough point for 1 month of GPU so I'll see if it works for French accounts.

I'm reading online that this is only confirmed working for US, Canada and maybe UK so I'd say if you were saving those points for something else, look up the rewards reddit first.

twilo99

I dunno, it won't let me go beyond 3 years with these codes..

SenkiDala

I'm reading online that this is only confirmed working for US, Canada and maybe UK so I'd say if you were saving those points for something else, look up the rewards reddit first.
No I wasn't saving them I just use them for some DLCs here and there.

adamsapple

I dunno, it won't let me go beyond 3 years with these codes..

Yeah, apparently I was mistaken. I did not know there's a hard 3 year limit regadless of how you get it.

How long do the codes take to come through? It's been... Minutes.

I got the emails in seconds, I'm in the US region though, maybe that's why.

Major Nelson sabotaged it on his way out as a parting gift to his fans

I would love it if this was the case lol

Last edited:

twilo99

Yeah, apparently I was mistaken. I did not know there's a hard 3 year limit regadless of how you get it.

It makes sense, they probably don't want people with 10 year subs out there lol

Now we need to figure out if they can change these post purchase, otherwise I can just redeem them in 3 months or whenever. I don't think they can but..

Antwix

How long do the codes take to come through? It's been... Minutes.
I just redeemed another code about 1 minute ago. And it came through in about 30 seconds.

I'm maxed out so I gotta wait exactly 1 week to redeem this code. Hopefully all goes well next Saturday

adamsapple

How do I get MS Rewards points? Can I straight up buy them?

No, they're earned by doing daily tasks, bing searches, quests on the game pass app etc.

This thread should get you started on the basics

There's also a very popular reddit (linked above by twilo99 twilo99 ) that you can use to see any offers etc.

ReBurn

Gold Member

The email codes have an expiration date. The one I bought says it expires on Jan 12, 2025.

I'm currently topped up to 3/3/2026. Tempted to do one more, then I'll be maxed out.

Top Bottom