• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards |OT| Get Game Pass for free

Topher

Gold Member

So now Microsoft is giving "some" MS Rewards members an additional 250 points per week. I'm sure it is totally random.

Brady Bunch K GIF

Kilau

Vampire Survivors has 196 achievements. It’s still on GP?

Yes but some of those will be paid DLC but it’s still like 160 achievements with base and free updates.

So now Microsoft is giving "some" MS Rewards members an additional 250 points per week. I'm sure it is totally random.

Brady Bunch K GIF

I don’t get that bonus and I still have the 15 minute cooldown, but I also openly despise MS and don’t care for Phil.

RPS37

So…mobile search cooldowns seem to have went away for me. But console ones still exist.
For a second, I thought I was back in the game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I saw rewards daily points went back up to 5s and 10s instead of 1s and 2s.

Yes. They've mostly reverted everything back with the 5~ second cooldown between the searches being the only thing that's still left for me.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I’m on 51/53 for the dailies for the 1000.

Was quite easy in the end. Didn’t think I’d manage don’t always unlock achievements on a daily basis.

Kilau

wyjwoLs.jpg

Looks like this is what I'll be ending January at.

You've earned 15,000 points this month! You'll stay Level 2

Didn't do all the searches for any day this month, the 15 minute timer is not only still in effect, but it actually seems like it's increased, or they randomly give me 1 or 3 searches. The 30 points for news stories in the Bing app is also gone for me now. Less points given out but way less of that precious engagement also.

adamsapple

You've earned 15,000 points this month! You'll stay Level 2

Didn't do all the searches for any day this month, the 15 minute timer is not only still in effect, but it actually seems like it's increased, or they randomly give me 1 or 3 searches. The 30 points for news stories in the Bing app is also gone for me now. Less points given out but way less of that precious engagement also.

You and Topher will probably be the last 2 people on earth who stop getting that 15 minute cooldown lol.

adamsapple

I had 20,233. The month before it was 21,873. I seem to be getting more points after the changes.

Yep, while I'm not back to the good-old-days of nearly 30K points a month like it was a year or so ago, it's still a lot better than what it was in the second half of 2023. They've reverted most of the draconian changes.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Yep, while I'm not back to the good-old-days of nearly 30K points a month like it was a year or so ago, it's still a lot better than what it was in the second half of 2023. They've reverted most of the draconian changes.
They stiffed me on the pending prediction game questions. Pretty salty about that.

Nitty_Grimes

Searches in the Bing app via mobile now not working for me.

It's the little things. Only 30 points a day but it all adds up over the course of a week / month.

Pantz

Recommended mindless daily achievement game: Turnip Boy Robs a Bank.
You can turn god mode on in the options and still get achievements. They all come in pretty short sessions and without much need for a guide.

Moving on to McPixel 3 with 93 achievements, they should come in extremely short sessions and it looks like someone wrote a nice streamlined walkthrough for it too.

Nitty_Grimes

Close to the Sun also.

God mode but it’s pretty short and you can use console commands to jump to the end, get collectibles etc.

Last edited:

adamsapple

The 30 points for 'reading news' on the Bing/Start app are back since the last few days, if anyone missed it.

Kilau

Mobile searches are going through some wonkiness this month. Not a 15 min cooldown but it’s not acting normal, seemingly random.

adamsapple

Antwix

$5 Xbox Gift Card Before 4,650 After 4,750 points
$10 Xbox Gift Card Before 9,300 After 9,500 points
$25 Xbox Gift Card Before 23,000 After 23,750 points
$50 Xbox Gift Card Before 46,000 After 47,500 points

So like a 2%-3% change for US Xbox cards? Eh whatever.

The auto redeem $10 gift card is still the same value, that's the only one that matters to me.
Would be great for me except that 90 day expiration...

adamsapple

$5 Xbox Gift Card Before 4,650 After 4,750 points
$10 Xbox Gift Card Before 9,300 After 9,500 points
$25 Xbox Gift Card Before 23,000 After 23,750 points
$50 Xbox Gift Card Before 46,000 After 47,500 points

So like a 2%-3% change for US Xbox cards? Eh whatever.

Would be great for me except that 90 day expiration...

Yeah the expiration date is killer, but I always end up using it in one of the many sales to buy older games for cheap. Or contribute to the evil and get monetization dlc for games like WWE 2K to boost my character stats :p

adamsapple

GPU is the same - 12,000 points for a month that’s all I care about.

If you use the auto-redeem feature, it drops to 10,500.

I've set my rewards to do auto-redeem $10 Xbox gift cards at the start of each month and it's just 8700 points (since my GP is already topped off till '26).

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

You know the term ‘auto redeem’ gonna look a prat here but does it auto redeem the month to your status or just send you the code automatically to input yourself?

adamsapple

You know the term ‘auto redeem’ gonna look a prat here but does it auto redeem the month to your status or just send you the code automatically to input yourself?

For the gift card, it just adds the amount to your MS wallet. For the game pass, you get an email with a code to redeem it I think. You get it by the 2nd of every month.

adamsapple

I'm doing three months at a time for 35k. Sucks you have to have an Xbox for auto redeem.

You don't see the auto-redeem options on the website? They show up for me on the https://rewards.bing.com/ page

oZkgsOC.jpg

edit: The option is there on the website but it seems you cannot select it, the selection is greyed out.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Currently 140K, I use points frequently to buy older games on sale, small DLC's here and there etc. The biggest thing(s) I've gotten with the points are the Starfield controller and Alan Wake 2 at launch, last year.

adamsapple

I’m just trying to get enough to stay a month ahead of my GPU sub.

As long as you do the phone / web / game pass quests, you should be able to do that reasonably easily IMO.

Topher Topher

I noticed that the buttons for auto-redeeming the $10 gift card and GP Core now work on the website, but the one for GPU is still greyed out. I reckon they're enabling those in time with the Rewards app on console shutting down next month.

Topher

Gold Member
As long as you do the phone / web / game pass quests, you should be able to do that reasonably easily IMO.

Topher Topher

I noticed that the buttons for auto-redeeming the $10 gift card and GP Core now work on the website, but the one for GPU is still greyed out. I reckon they're enabling those in time with the Rewards app on console shutting down next month.

Hope so. That's definitely the best offer they have.

Top Bottom