• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft has Closed the Activision Blizzard King Deal

GHound

Activision owned the IP. Now MS does.
©2019-2020 FromSoftware, Inc. All rights reserved. Published and distributed by Activision. ACTIVISION is a trademark of Activision Publishing Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.
https://www.sekirothegame.com/
©2022 FromSoftware, Inc. All rights reserved. Published and distributed by Activision. ACTIVISION is a trademark of Activision Publishing Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.

Last edited:

Little Mac

Pop Culture Love GIF by Big Bang Music

ToadMan

In the wake of Redfall, Starfield and Forza this feels like a deflated balloon right now.

It's not riding on 3 triumphant game releases that secured the future of xbox. More like someone flushing a toilet a second time and now ABK are also circling the drain.

I guess it may be fun to watch MS murder more well known studios... may be?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
How MS come across as the lord savior: fire Bobby Jan 1 2024, somehow reboot CoD to be innovative yet still sell gazillion, Relaunch Starcraft as a turn based RPG like a Sci-Fi BG3.

JackMcGunns

They will still cry and say that they can’t compete:

face crying GIF

Ironically the acquisition was being called a Monopoly. The definition of a monopoly is that it creates an unfair advantage where no one else can compete. So when you say "They" will cry and say they can't compete, you could be predicting someone else doing the :pie_lcry:

I'm just glad it's over and we can move on. I heard MS wants to revive the Guitar Hero franchise which I'm all for and a massive catalogue of classic games will be coming to Game Pass which is great for GP subscribers. GP is often called a crazy deal that's too good to be true, or even go as far as calling it an unsustainable model as is, can't imagine how that deal will look with a list of ABK games added to that list

Humdinger

I wonder how much it really cost them, once you factor in all the lawyers and all the time spent behind the scenes.

I'm not a fan of any of Activision's games, so the acquisition doesn't bother me. I'm glad it's over with. Hopefully this will sate MS's appetite for a while.

Top Bottom