• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Huh.

adamsapple adamsapple care to comment on this in relation to the Cloud SLC?

"Were not putting our first-party IP on competing streaming or competing subscription services," Booty had written in an email. "No F-ing way"

(This question is open to all of the Booty email defence brigade)

Please don't tell me they can't change strategies over time :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Topher

Gold Member

Please don't tell me they can't change strategies over time :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Please don't tell me you buy that shit

Kill Me Smh GIF

NickFire

Huh.

adamsapple adamsapple care to comment on this in relation to the Cloud SLC?

"Were not putting our first-party IP on competing streaming or competing subscription services," Booty had written in an email. "No F-ing way"

(This question is open to all of the Booty email defence brigade)
Now that might be a smoking gun. That is not a please don't panic email from someone who isn't trying to buy the IP. He can say its their old strategy all day long, but fact is they followed it and will continue following it in 3 months.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

Yeah and Jim can't and you believe the thought experiment excuse too I guess....And Bethesda game became exclusive to xbox had not correlation to their aquisition....I think you need to let that ball leave your throat, it seems to have deprived your brain of oxygen.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The answer is in the number of 1P Xbox games that have come to PS subs in the interim.

The wolfenstein games, Fallout, Prey, Doom etc are all currently on PS Plus sub services.
You’re floundering mate. CoD was the only game referenced by name.

The email that was your ‘smoking gun’ for Jim:

I’ve spent a fair bit of time... with both phil and bobby over the past day, I’m pretty sure we will continue to see COD on PS for many years to come.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The email references this.

The update of the email

The email itself.

And here is the mental gymnastics timeline from that thread.
Well you see here, a timeline in the span of less than 18 hours:

- "LOL gamer lawsuit lawyers"

- "The the email isn't real"

- Then it shifted to it being real, but the content probably isn't what was said, "lol black bars" (even tho lawyers see the unredacted content)

- Then "LOL 2019 proves this isn't true" (I know, retarted)

- A few shill "journalists" backpedal not to lose their grift from said company, "see it was fake" (appeal to the most pathetic of authority)

- To now it was admitted to being real by MS, but just a "thought experiment bros"

- Abandon thread, shift change

Yes, intellectually dishonest derps were carrying that cognitively bankrupt water.

adamsapple

You’re floundering mate. CoD was the only game referenced by name.

The email that was your ‘smoking gun’ for Jim:

I’ve spent a fair bit of time... with both phil and bobby over the past day, I’m pretty sure we will continue to see COD on PS for many years to come.

Booty's email is about first party IP, not about CoD.

Y'all keep changing the parameters and then say I'm floundering

200.gif

GHG

Gold Member
If this isn't enough to convince people that Xbox have a management problem then nothing will.

They have the IP, they have the studios, they have the developers, they have the hardware, they have the infrastructure, they have all the money in the world.

But fuck me, what a cretinous stinky management team.

adamsapple

Yes we addressed that. And you said that they are entitled to change strategy.

And then I said ‘but Jim Ryan isn’t allowed to change his stance?’

So what’s your point bringing up those games?

It’s not perimeter changing, you’re just not following the conversation.

Jim can change his stance all he wants, he acknowledged publicly that he expects CoD to be on PS platforms for years.

The same thing Phil/MS said.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Over time ? Fallout 4 has been on the PS Plus Collections list for year(s) before they officially stopped offering those earlier this year.

Anything added since all this nonsense began can be seen just as easily as strategy for the acquisition. Will not be surprised if those games are point out in court.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If this isn't enough to convince people that Xbox have a management problem then nothing will.

They have the IP, they have the studios, they have the developers, they have the hardware, they have the infrastructure, they have all the money in the world.

But fuck me, what a cretinous stinky management team.
It's what happens when a company is so rife with nepotism and keeping their friends around far too long past their usefulness, while they rely mainly on 18 month contractors for the actual production end.

But hey, they have a fantastic productivity service gift. I can't knock that.

Last edited:

feynoob

Gold Member
Stop. Perjury is a real thing. Stop making shit up.
I am not making it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom