• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Series Creator Wanted By Russian Government

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Oh no I just saw this.

https://www.thegamer.com/metro-author-dmitry-glukhovsky-wanted-russia-war-ukraine/

The Metro series has become one of my favorite shooters in recent history. I bought the redux collection on Nintendo Switch and despite it being difficult for me, I really fell in love with the games.

Unfortunately, Exodus isn't available on Switch so I'll probably not be able to play that for some time.

I guess I was surprised to hear, even though I shouldn't have been, that he's wanted by the Russian government for protesting.

Last I heard he lives in Israel and he's a Russian Jew so he's hopefully safe. I don't know what the state of the games are going to be at this point especially since I thought the series is incredible and I heard they were working on a sequel but that may change now.

Obviously, his life is more important but he a very talented individual and for the sake of all that is good I hope he's able to remain safe and we can get further games in the future.

Fbh

Damn that sucks. But at least it's good that he isn't in Russia.
I really enjoyed the first book (more so than the game). I hope he stays safe and props to him for publicly calling out Russia.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Damn that sucks. But at least it's good that he isn't in Russia.
I really enjoyed the first book (more so than the game). I hope he stays safe and props to him for publicly calling out Russia.
I haven't played Exodus but I do have the first two games and they are excellent.

Even the way they handle the supernatural is genuinely creepy.

Everything about the game is very mature and handle very well.

It's also one of the few Western made games that doesn't have this kind of "checkbox" politicizing even though funny enough, the game is quite political. But it's not political in THAT kind of way.

Both Metro 2033 and Last Light I cannot recommend enough.

I did hear a sequel is in the works but with everything going on, I don't know if that's going to happen. I'm also sure his views about his own people have probably changed after everything that's transpired in the past couple of years.

Lasha

At first I thought that the Russian government got around to reading the third book. The entire series is an indictment on modern Russia with the last one abandoning any subtlety. I'm surprised that an Instagram post is what put Russia over the edge.

Aside, Day of the Oprichnik is another solid novel if you enjoyed the political side of the Metro series. Though Sorokin is probably on the hit list or dead by now.

Fuz

Banned
Oh no I just saw this.

https://www.thegamer.com/metro-author-dmitry-glukhovsky-wanted-russia-war-ukraine/

The Metro series has become one of my favorite shooters in recent history. I bought the redux collection on Nintendo Switch and despite it being difficult for me, I really fell in love with the games.

Unfortunately, Exodus isn't available on Switch so I'll probably not be able to play that for some time.

I guess I was surprised to hear, even though I shouldn't have been, that he's wanted by the Russian government for protesting.

Last I heard he lives in Israel and he's a Russian Jew so he's hopefully safe. I don't know what the state of the games are going to be at this point especially since I thought the series is incredible and I heard they were working on a sequel but that may change now.

Obviously, his life is more important but he a very talented individual and for the sake of all that is good I hope he's able to remain safe and we can get further games in the future.
The man who wrote the Metro novels

Tangerine

It's also one of the few Western made games that doesn't have this kind of "checkbox" politicizing even though funny enough, the game is quite political. But it's not political in THAT kind of way.
So no woke shite. Got it. Good stuff...the way it should be ;)

I have exodus ready to go I think with the next gen upgrade on Xbox ready too...I think.

I'll bump it up the backlog list on your recommendation...and to spite any woke retards reading this. 😘

Soon as I finally play the bioshock games.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I would of thought Microsoft would help him get Aslyum considering they have a realtionship and Microsofts view on the Ukraine War.

Alan Wake

Oh no I just saw this.

Get an Xbox Series S or even an old Xbox One X or PS4, Metro Exodus is the best in the series and really worth your money.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I would of thought Microsoft would help him get Aslyum considering they have a realtionship and Microsofts view on the Ukraine War.
He is Russian, so that's a minus for him and he isn't part of 4A games. I am not aware that MS would help even GSC with which they have some publishing deal.

Top Bottom