• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid comic...

acklame

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater/523283p1.html

02_1087256487.jpg

01_1087256486.jpg

hmm....

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Fantastic looking. Ashley Wood is a crazy good artist. I think he deserves better and more than just comic books.

miyuru

What is this shite?

Looks like that crap that you see elephants paint at the zoo. Too, um, wishy-washy.

Edit - upon closer inspection:

Sniper Wolf looks all right. But who's that in the bottom right corner? Liquid? God, now THAT is shit.

Laurent

miyuru said:
What is this shite?

Looks like that crap that you see elephants paint at the zoo. Too, um, wishy-washy.

Sniper Wolf looks all right. But who's that in the bottom right corner? Liquid? God, now THAT is shit.
Without Shinkawa's touch, this artwork is the next best thing. I would need to see more of the content of that book before making such a drastic opinion...

You have to admit that it could have been MUCH uglier!

Fuck the art, the real question is who the hell actually wants to read about Metal Gear Solid? As if the storyline in the games weren't idiotic enough, now you can thumb through a comic that's no doubt dumber than a bag of hammers. I'd rather read the phone book.

Sho Nuff

Banned
miyuru said:
What is this shite?

Do you people even read comics?

stonedwal

I'd probably pick it up if I saw it at a store, but the fact of the matter is that I'd have to go well out of my way in Australia to get something like this.

Thaedolus

Boo @ GAF. I think the artwork is fine, obviously of a different style than Shinkawa, but come on, it's still a good job for a completely different artist.

Top Bottom