• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales numbers 8/29 - 4/9

mutsu

Fuzzy said:
Go back and count, the PSP has 4 titles in the top 25 while the DS has 7.

Ahhhhh I was looking at the wrong numbers.... somehow I went to Dengeki....

Must be because it's Friday...

Jonnyram

The hardware sales are pretty insane considering there were no DS games released that week. Kind of sad that Fight Night Round 2 didn't make it into the top 50, though.

Heavy Metal Thunder = la bomba!

There is definitely a chance of the PSP winning the JPYear to date if the Sept-Dec quarter are as strong as it seems to be, and DS' lineup as so-so as it is. It'll definitely win that title in the US (As it already has, handily) and I think it may muster a good 500K at least for the holidays in Europe. Damn, the PSP is awesome.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
lets say 4months x 4 weeks sales left = 16 sales weeks until end of year

they are about 1.7 million behind.

So , for Sony to win YTDate , they'd need Nintendo to not sell anohter single DS and post >100,000 unit sales a week every single week.

*rubs chin*

Nope - i don't see it.

AH! sorry - i'm retarded... you mean this year only.

okay, they need to get 400k ahead.

That still means they need to top DS sales by 25k a week.

It's still a tall order.

Culex

Banned
The Abominable Snowman said:
There is definitely a chance of the PSP winning the JPYear to date if the Sept-Dec quarter are as strong as it seems to be, and DS' lineup as so-so as it is. It'll definitely win that title in the US (As it already has, handily) and I think it may muster a good 500K at least for the holidays in Europe. Damn, the PSP is awesome.

It took more than six months for the DS to make it's near-400k lead this year. You think the PSP will overtake that in less than 4 months?

Christmas looks to be like a banner time for the DS this year, and there's no sign of it's hardware steam dying, especially with no new releases so far.

koam

Cragstar said:
Go look back at these topics, before Nintendogs was released in Japan

PSP was regularly outselling DS, for about a 2 month period.
Everyone was harping on about the PSP beating down the DS and that Japan belonged to the Sony Faithful.

But then the Dogs released and the brain training and the rest of the bigger titles started coming.
Then people looked back at how the DS had no titles out for the period the PSP was outselling it.

Ring any bells?

Erm, isn't that in line with what I said?

DCharlie said:
AH! sorry - i'm retarded... you mean this year only.

okay, they need to get 400k ahead.

That still means they need to top DS sales by 25k a week.
Well, it's certainly possible. In the last 16 weeks DS has outsold PSP by 396,681, and it's not even the (non-Easter) holidays. Things will just have to... totally flip again. Maybe if Animal Crossing and Mario Kart get moved to PSP?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
plus, in Japan, what titles are lined up for 2005 for the PSP that are big hitters beyond WE9?

(serious question, i just don't recall seeing anything massive)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
JoshuaJSlone said:
Well, it's certainly possible. In the last 16 weeks DS has outsold PSP by 396,681, and it's not even the (non-Easter) holidays. Things will just have to... totally flip again. Maybe if Animal Crossing and Mario Kart get moved to PSP?
oh_snap.jpg

mutsu

I don't think PSP will catch up the DS this year in terms of YTD sales.

You can say that DS's lineup between now and Christmas is so so, but hey, don't forget we ain't heard anything yet from Nintendo with their December lineup, which is usually pretty good.

If Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing DS, and New Super Mario Bros all manage to be released before end of the year, then... DS sales numberes will go wonder, and sky's the limit.

Plus, all those pokemon games that are coming out between now and end of the year... some might not be interested to us, but to kids...

And I am looking forward to Mysterious Dungeon featuring Pokemon too, which should be a hit.

Rock_Man

2(4) DS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training (Nintendo)
3(7) DS Yawaraka Atama Juku (Nintendo)
5(NEW) PSP Bleach: Heat the Soul 2 (Sony)
6(8) DS Jump Super Stars (Nintendo)
15(20) DS Power Pocket Koushien (Konami)
19(33) DS Nintendogs: Shiba and Friends (Nintendo)
20(17) PSP Breath of Fire III (Capcom)
21(10) DS Akumajou Dracula: Sougetsu no Juujika (Konami)
22(19) PSP Twelve: Sengoku Fengshenden (Konami)
23(15) DS Survival Kids: Lost in Blue (Konami)
24(24) PSP Mobile Suit Gundam: Giren no Yabou - Zeon no Keifu (Bandai)
26(44) DS Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (Konami)
27(41) DS Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends (Nintendo)
30(42) DS Nintendogs: Dachs and Friends (Nintendo)
31(28) PSP Taiko no Tatsujin Bataburu (Namco)
33(46) DS Sawaru Made in Wario (Nintendo)
35(36) DS Naturo RPG 2: Chidori vs Rasengan (Tomy)
37(NEW) PSP Nobunaga no Yabou: Tenshouki (Koei)
41(37) PSP Tenchu: Shinobi Taizen (From Software)
45(47) DS Touch! Kirby (Nintendo)
46(18) DS Lunar Genesis (Marvelous)
49(OUT) DS Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)

With 7 titles in the chart, PSP is slowly coming back. It hasn´t had that many charting games since the second week in May.

DS software sales are strong as usual. Both new and old games are ranked high.

Jeff-DSA

Not as awesome as your undying love and devotion to said handheld.

puck1337

Having a brand new game at #5 and the next highest ranking game at #20 isn't exactly comeback material for the PSP. It's more of a natural reordering of things after Nintendo had a bump from JSS et al. At some point the PSP may improve its software sales, but you won't have to look so hard to see it when it happens.

Ruzbeh said:
Bleach is doing pretty damn good, imo.

Hmm? The first Bleach sold 35 or 36k in its first week, so that's a quite big drop.

Fuzzy said:
Titles in the top 50 by platform.
PS2 - 22
DS - 15
PSP - 7
GBA - 4
GC - 2
Xbox - 0

Not that bad for PSP, compared to the last weeks.

polg

Rock_Man said:
2(4) DS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training (Nintendo)
3(7) DS Yawaraka Atama Juku (Nintendo)
5(NEW) PSP Bleach: Heat the Soul 2 (Sony)
6(8) DS Jump Super Stars (Nintendo)
15(20) DS Power Pocket Koushien (Konami)
19(33) DS Nintendogs: Shiba and Friends (Nintendo)
20(17) PSP Breath of Fire III (Capcom)
21(10) DS Akumajou Dracula: Sougetsu no Juujika (Konami)
22(19) PSP Twelve: Sengoku Fengshenden (Konami)
23(15) DS Survival Kids: Lost in Blue (Konami)
24(24) PSP Mobile Suit Gundam: Giren no Yabou - Zeon no Keifu (Bandai)
26(44) DS Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (Konami)
27(41) DS Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends (Nintendo)
30(42) DS Nintendogs: Dachs and Friends (Nintendo)
31(28) PSP Taiko no Tatsujin Bataburu (Namco)
33(46) DS Sawaru Made in Wario (Nintendo)
35(36) DS Naturo RPG 2: Chidori vs Rasengan (Tomy)
37(NEW) PSP Nobunaga no Yabou: Tenshouki (Koei)
41(37) PSP Tenchu: Shinobi Taizen (From Software)
45(47) DS Touch! Kirby (Nintendo)
46(18) DS Lunar Genesis (Marvelous)
49(OUT) DS Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)

With 7 titles in the chart, PSP is slowly coming back. It hasn´t had that many charting games since the second week in May.

DS software sales are strong as usual. Both new and old games are ranked high.

No Ouendan :'(
Inis am cry

There is definitely a chance of the PSP winning the JPYear to date if the Sept-Dec quarter are as strong as it seems to be, and DS' lineup as so-so as it is.

Aehm what? DS has Gyukaiten Saiban(however it is spelled ^^), Mario Kart,
Animal Crossing, Pokemon games(although the big one of course will come out in 2006 ^^), Super Monkey Ball and... yeah obviously Mushiking(plus a bunch of others).
The PSP has a FF VII movie, WE9, the white PSP and what else? If there aren't at least two or three REALLY big games released for PSP this year then I see no reason why DS shouldn't continue to outsell the PSP by atleast 1.5 to 1 till the end of the year.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I forgot to post this earlier.
Sales of the top 100 titles totaled 493,733 units. This is 55.70% of last week's average and 63.88% of the weekly average. Sales fell well below last week's figures, and this can be attributed to a decline in the number of customers accompanying the end of the summer vacation as well as a weak lineup of new titles. Total sales last year (Week 1, September) amounted to 429,461 units. Sales usually have a strong tendency to fall around this time at the end of the summer vacation.

Ten new releases took spots in the top 100, accounting for 11.42% of sales. This low ratio shows that the market was concentrated on existing titles. "BLEACH: Heat the Soul 2" (approximately 26,000 units) in fifth place was the only new title to enter the top ten. Most of the other new titles were small in terms of sales and thus failed to drive the market.

Top Bottom