• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition (PS5) 4K 60FPS Gameplay

ReBurn

Gold Member
Is this how one feels that has already played it? I guess it doesn't feel clunky to me because I never played it before. Glad to hear it gets even better!
The controls in the first one are improved over the original, but still somewhat dated. The second one is amazing

The first one does start a bit slow and drags a bit after Eden Prime while you're on the citadel. Doing some of those early side quests sets up a lot of the backstory and allows you to start building reputation. But they can be tedious. I sort of feel like if you only do the main missions and not the side quests you lose a lot of context. It comes down to how you play the game.

RAIDEN1

So I completed the suicide mission 2 weeks back everyone survived apart from Grunt and Jack...(Grunt's loss was unexpected...) frustrated I couldn't romance Miranda again! This was my 2nd playthrough ever on Mass Effect 2 and the first time ever that I didn't romance anyone...again unexpectedly...now I have the lair of the shadow broker DLC left, but I am in no hurry to do that or jump into Mass Effect 3 yet....I have the small matter of completing Halo Infinite, and checking out Guardians of the Galaxy before all of that!

Deerock71

The controls in the first one are improved over the original, but still somewhat dated. The second one is amazing

The first one does start a bit slow and drags a bit after Eden Prime while you're on the citadel. Doing some of those early side quests sets up a lot of the backstory and allows you to start building reputation. But they can be tedious. I sort of feel like if you only do the main missions and not the side quests you lose a lot of context. It comes down to how you play the game.
I like to do everything. And everyone, if you catch my drift. :p

OldBoyGamer

Banned
Is this how one feels that has already played it? I guess it doesn't feel clunky to me because I never played it before. Glad to hear it gets even better!
Not sure tbh. I’m hoping it’s that start window which has always been pretty poor.

Also. Expectations. I thought they’d done a full remake not just a HD. So maybe I just need to adjust my thinking on it.

Which side quests can you do when you first arrive at the Citadel in ME1? A guide told me not to do anything besides scanning those Citadel's Keepers and help out Emily Wong only, because you won't have high enough Charm/Intimidate for anything else. I was hoping to do whatever side missions I can to earn more xp and skill points here before moving on. I currently have 3 in Charm.

Last edited:

OldBoyGamer

Banned

I think you’re right about the general controls. But the combat felt really ropey to me. The enemy AI don’t seem to react to my weapons fire - only the killing blow for some reason?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Which side quests can you do when you first arrive at the Citadel in ME1? A guide told me not to do anything besides scanning those Citadel's Keepers and help out Emily Wong only, because you won't have high enough Charm/Intimidate for anything else. I was hoping to do whatever side missions I can to earn more xp and skill points here before moving on.
The trick is to invest your initial skill points at the early levels into charm and intimidate vs any other skills and choose dialog options that increase your paragon and renegade levels when having conversations. As you fill those bars more skill points can be soaked into those skills. The guide must not mention that you're going to face dialog choices when you leave the Citadel that also require those skills and traits. There are a couple of early Citadel missions that you should wait to do as they require higher paragon or renegade scores to successfully complete. But most of the early stuff you can still successfully resolve as long as you've invested in charm and intimidate and are choosing upper right dialog choices for paragon and lower right dialog choices for renegade. Just be sure to talk to everyone.

Deerock71

Not sure tbh. I’m hoping it’s that start window which has always been pretty poor.

Also. Expectations. I thought they’d done a full remake not just a HD. So maybe I just need to adjust my thinking on it.
I just saved millions of lives stopping a hunk of rock literally rocketing into a planet. There's GOT to be some appeciative hotties down there!

meech

It wasnt supposed to be a shooter... The soldier class is lackluster, but this doesnt change in the sequels. But playing as an Adept never felt better than in the first game.
Also, real sniping was only possible here.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I started ME 1 yesterday and played for an hour, but I lost interest in it quick. This is my first time playing it. I'm finding it really boring. Does it get better?

Ok I'll persevere a bit more.
Yeah. U should. The first game is certainly a giant drag but it's gets so much better with Me 2. Just finish it( do everything). Your reward is all the little connections, easter eggs and history with characters that carry over with an imported savegame. U don't wanna miss out on that.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

fatmarco

God damn I don't remember having such an issue with skipping dialogue and mistakenly ending a conversation or picking the wrong dialogue choice in ME1. I'm save scumming just to avoid my own stupidity in conversations.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ok I'll persevere a bit more.
first game is probably the best for several different reasons. the next two games feel like Uncharted games they are so linear lol.

there are some pretty amazing moments starting from mid way through the game.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ

meech

first game is probably the best for several different reasons. the next two games feel like Uncharted games they are so linear lol.

there are some pretty amazing moments starting from mid way through the game.
Yes, and no game after the first Mass Effect gave something comparable to Noveria. So many ways to get the pass to leave Port Hanshan.

Top Bottom