• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 PC Thread: Fixing Bioware's broke-ass console port, now with holstering

How can I remove these ugly circles? What toggle do I add? Also, I seriously need a new PC. :(

Here's what you can do:

Download and run ME3 Coalesced Utility. Then open your Coalesced.bin located in:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect 3\BIOGame\CookedPCConsole

When you've loaded your Coalesced.bin, browse into this section:
Code:
Biogame.ini/sfxgame/bioplayerselection/maxhighlightrange=800

Replace the default distance 800 with something you'd prefer.

edit: Oh, missed the toggle-bit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a way to move the scanner on planets faster? The speed was decent on ME2 with Miranda's upgrade, but now...

Is there a way to move the scanner on planets faster? The speed was decent on ME2 with Miranda's upgrade, but now...

There is:

Download and run ME3 Coalesced Utility. Then open your Coalesced.bin located in:
Code:

Browse into this section and change the default (90) to any preferred value:
Code:
Bioinput.ini > sfxgame > sfxgamemodeorbital > reticledegreespersecond=90

90 is the default reticle speed when not scanning. Higher number = faster.

Code:
Bioinput.ini > sfxgame > sfxgamemodeorbital > scanningreticledegreespersecond=35

35 is the default reticle speed when scanning. Setting this to 90 will significantly speed up planet scans.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Don't really see why someone would like to remove them as they're pretty useful when exploring, but here's what you can do:

Code:
Biogame.ini/sfxgame/bioplayerselection/maxhighlightrange=800
Replace the default distance 800 with something you'd prefer.

edit: Oh, and don't forget to save.
The reason to hide/toggle them is to take better screenshots.

Has anyone come up with a costume coalesced mod yet like they did for 2? I know it's probably pretty early, but I loved being a Shepard without arms or legs, or walk around in the glowing AI hologram costume.

I don't know if this is a bug but I experience a drop in FPS (~15) when I run the game in Fullscreen mode. Under the same settings and windowed mode the game runs pretty smooth. I had the same issue with ME2 so I was wondering if there is anything that can be done? Would prefer running in FS mode but the increase in FPS is worth it during firefights so windowed it is ATM.

Running all the latest Catalyst (12.2) drivers as well.

thatbox

Banned
I don't know if this is a bug but I experience a drop in FPS (~15) when I run the game in Fullscreen mode. Under the same settings and windowed mode the game runs pretty smooth. I had the same issue with ME2 so I was wondering if there is anything that can be done? Would prefer running in FS mode but the increase in FPS is worth it during firefights so windowed it is ATM.

Running all the latest Catalyst (12.2) drivers as well.

Borderless window is the best mode anyway, isn't it?

Lime

N7 default armor higher res texture (one of the biggest texture issues for me):

11866.jpg

Use with Texmod.

http://social.bioware.com/project/8108/#details

IMACOMPUTA

Hi guys. I need help!
I have the game installed on my desktop and my laptop and can max them just fine on both.. but for some reason my laptop has extremely crappy low-res textures for clothing and i can't find a way to bump up the texture resolution.

How can i fix this?

I'm playing ME3 maxed out at 60+ fps. The only thing I find distracting is the textures. They really need to be higher res. Other than that, it looks nice.

Lime

Hi guys. I need help!
I have the game installed on my desktop and my laptop and can max them just fine on both.. but for some reason my laptop has extremely crappy low-res textures for clothing and i can't find a way to bump up the texture resolution.

How can i fix this?

Buy EA and tell Bioware to man the fuck up and develop games according to even the bare minimum standards of 2012.

It's basically just a copy-paste job of the 360 code and assets, no gamepad support, required Origin DRM, day one DLC, 60 dollars premium, no graphical tweaks, lack of mod support, encrypted ini file, etc.

It's probably the worst PC game of all time (yes, of all time) in terms of business practices, consumer treatment, and contemporary developer standards.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Whoa I just figured out you can map your squad mates powers to the number keys.

They will never patch in pad support. They have never done it for their games before (the last 4 Bioware games also released on console came to PC without pad support and never got it patched in) and they aren't going to do it now. They just don't give a shit.
I think in their eyes they think they've done so much to optimize it for Keyboard+Mouse that no one would ever want to use a gamepad.

There's more they could have done to accommodate K+M though. What happened to all the stuff from ME1? Being able to use F1-F4 for weapons, random quick keys like J to get to journal, navigating menu lists with WASD. Also they should have mapped dialog choices to the number keys in addition to the mouse like in SWTOR.

Lime

Whoa I just figured out you can map your squad mates powers to the number keys.

I think in their eyes they think they've done so much to optimize it for Keyboard+Mouse that no one would ever want to use a gamepad.

There's more they could have done to accommodate K+M though. What happened to all the stuff from ME1? Being able to use F1-F4 for weapons, random quick keys like J to get to journal, navigating menu lists with WASD. Also they should have mapped dialog choices to the number keys in addition to the mouse like in SWTOR.

ME1 was ported by Demiurge studios, who apparently are more competent doing PC ports than Bioware. Somehow Bioware never took note of Demiurge's work in ME1, because ME1 and 2 are both missing hotkeys for inventory, character screen, etc.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
ME1 was ported by Demiurge studios, who apparently are more competent doing PC ports than Bioware. Somehow Bioware never took note of Demiurge's work in ME1, because ME1 and 2 are both missing hotkeys for inventory, character screen, etc.
You mean 2 and 3. However, I never even thought about that. I always wondered why ME had a ton of shortcuts while the other two were sparse.

You mean 2 and 3. However, I never even thought about that. I always wondered why ME had a ton of shortcuts while the other two were sparse.

Because Demiurge is a quality development studio, that's why. Bioware isn't anymore. I remember Demiurge made an awesome mod for UT '04 called Clone Bandits. So, so good. Should've been turned into a full-fledged game. In today's world, it'd be released on Steam and sold for $15 with a small, niche community.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This was posted on Reddit:

voFMX.png

Would high-res texture mods not count, since you're not really modifying existing files?

graywolf323

ME1 was ported by Demiurge studios, who apparently are more competent doing PC ports than Bioware. Somehow Bioware never took note of Demiurge's work in ME1, because ME2 and 3 are both missing hotkeys for inventory, character screen, etc.

I wish Bioware had let them do the ports for ME2 and 3

voFMX.png

Would high-res texture mods not count, since you're not really modifying existing files?

**** you Bioware

Mr_Zombie

To confirm, YES you will be banned if Origins picks up that you modified SP which it scans for on ME3 launch.

So let's say I'm buying ME3 in few months (currently I have no time nor a proper computer to launch the game) and no one is playing MP anymore (because seriously, MP in these type of games dies within first few weeks). I'm practically screwed because it's nearly impossible for me to get the best ending then.

Great game design there, BioWare.

Lime

voFMX.png

What. The. Fuck. This almost deserves its own thread.

SP modifications = Account ban? And that's after Day-1 DLC, +$10 MSRP, shitty console port, etc.

Fuck you Bioware and EA.

However it should be noted that I've been running with a edited coalesced file since release date and I haven't been banned. I've not played any MP though.

Vlaphor

No. It's actually quite easy to get all of the endings without ever touching multi, just do all (or most) of the sidequests. I've never touched the multi and I had all choices available.

Lime

No. It's actually quite easy to get all of the endings without ever touching multi, just do all (or most) of the sidequests. I've never touched the multi and I had all choices available.

Wrong. You need 5000+ EFFECTIVE military strength to get the "best" ending, which without MP is 10000 war assets. There isn't 10.000 war assets in the SP campaign alone.

Wrong. You need 5000+ EFFECTIVE military strength to get the "best" ending, which without MP is 10000 war assets. There isn't 10.000 war assets in the SP campaign alone.

Where does this stand with the iOS Datapad app? If I get it to 100% does that change things? Or does it come down to only War Assets?

DTKT

Where does this stand with the iOS Datapad app? If I get it to 100% does that change things? Or does it come down to only War Assets?

The iOS apps just boost your Galactic Readiness meter. If it's maxed out, your effective war assets is the full number, if it's at 50%, then you get 50% of your war assets as the effective number.

The iOS apps just boost your Galactic Readiness meter. If it's maxed out, your effective war assets is the full number, if it's at 50%, then you get 50% of your war assets as the effective number.
Gotcha. So over 5000 is the number to shoot for, plus 100% Readiness for the best ending then?

Tajin

Banned
Fuck that. Fuck that from every angle. You apologists want proof that Origin is a piece of shit? There's your proof. You can get banned from your games for MODDING A SINGLE PLAYER GAME.

I really hope that's just a fake picture.

Not Fake.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/344/index/9917845/2#10648995

EA/Bioware is one of the scummiest unholy marriages to ever come out of the gaming industry. And why do they always say "Locked." after they shut up their fans? I've never seen a game developer/publisher insult their fans the same way Bioware/EA does. There's no tone of civility and respect.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does having the option to change the FOV even counts? I mean i've been using it for a while now.

MNC

I dunno why but I was under the impression Xpadder was free. Not sure it's worth it just to play Mass Effect with a controller.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Updated my drivers. AA no longer works.

0x000000C1 does nothing. Did nothing prior to updating either.

The new Mass Effect 3 AA behaviour flag does nothing.

Settings provided in this thread on half work.

Turning SGSS from 4x to 2x and adding -1.5 LOD bias stopped AA From working.

I'm so fucking tired of trying to get this shit to work.

IMACOMPUTA

Buy EA and tell Bioware to man the fuck up and develop games according to even the bare minimum standards of 2012.

It's basically just a copy-paste job of the 360 code and assets, no gamepad support, required Origin DRM, day one DLC, 60 dollars premium, no graphical tweaks, lack of mod support, encrypted ini file, etc.

It's probably the worst PC game of all time (yes, of all time) in terms of business practices, consumer treatment, and contemporary developer standards.

But it even looks 100x better on my desktop..
Is it just scanning my hardware and picking texture resolution on its own? Because I don't see a place to select it on my own.

I'm running the game at 60+ fps, so i can afford the higher res textures. Can anybody please help ?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
And now AA works based on BoobPhysics101's settings, despite these never working before.

What a dreadful game.

But it even looks 100x better on my desktop..
Is it just scanning my hardware and picking texture resolution on its own? Because I don't see a place to select it on my own.

I'm running the game at 60+ fps, so i can afford the higher res textures. Can anybody please help ?

You should grab a screenshot of the problem so we have something to go off.

dr_rus

Updated my drivers. AA no longer works.
An interesting observation of late: ME1/2 bit AA seems to not work if you have motion blur enabled. Disabling motion blur cures that problem. New ME3 AA bit works everytime but it simply kills performance even on a GTX 680.

EatChildren

An interesting observation of late: ME1/2 bit AA seems to not work if you have motion blur enabled. Disabling motion blur cures that problem. New ME3 AA bit works everytime but it simply kills performance even on a GTX 680.

Those settings you posted a page pack don't do anything for me. AA is disabled.

But I'm convinced my GPU is fucked when it comes to AA. See, Shogun 2. I cannot enable AA with Shader Model 5 without graphical distortion on shadows.

It makes no sense, but whatever.

Top Bottom