• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
This seems to corroborate the theory that the virus hits hardest in areas/countries with poor healthcare infrastructure.

This is what I'm thinking. It'll still likely spread quite a lot, but folks in well to do countries with good medical systems will have a better chance of dealing with the disease. It'll still be a bad flu that lays people low for a week or two, though, and that alone will be enough to put huge strain on the global economy. Even if folks aren't keeling over in the streets, their livelihood will take a hit from this. That being said, I'm curious what's going on in Italy. They have a good medical system, but the death toll their seems awfully high.

vpance

This is the biggest problem people or as i call them haters dont realize.

With propper care your survival rate is 95 percent.

But once beds are filled, shortage of staff and doctors happen, shortage of equipment etc. your survival rate drops to nothing.

Look my wife is a trauma RN in canada.
She just came home from a night shift. And she said she had a hell of a time cuz they were so under staffed.
The hospitals can barely handle the current patients.
Can you imagine 1000's show up with severe symptoms. What you think will happen?
Self isolate and die at home?

This is the biggest problem of all.

Can relate, I have family working ER here. Canada must be the most unprepared of all developed nations. I can't imagine what hospital wait times would be like if that happens. I guess they would have to take over some school gyms or something.

Jtibh

Banned
I'd say less obnoxious than people vehemently insisting that the virus is super deadly and that "they will die in two weeks, b-b-b-believe me!".
Well if you would use your lego head you would understand that its not just about getting the virus or dying from it. Sure not everyone will die and according to my figures 5 to 10 percent will die.
No its everything else. The distruption of transit system, food supplies, basic everyday supplies, not able to work for at least 2 weeks etc.
All those kids that came back from school trips from italy just now so irish english hungarian etc. all those kids have to be in quaranten right now for 2 weeks.
Lets not even talk about the economy, tourism, stocks, oil.......

But sure be a simpleton and stick to the doomsday part .
YOU are the type that blows things out of proportion and twist our own words.
What are you trying to prove here? Cuz u aint getting my attention and from here on you are nothing but a fart in the wind to everyone.

Butz

Banned
Well if you would use your lego head you would understand that its not just about getting the virus or dying from it. Sure not everyone will die and according to my figures 5 to 10 percent will die.
No its everything else. The distruption of transit system, food supplies, basic everyday supplies, not able to work for at least 2 weeks etc.
All those kids that came back from school trips from italy just now so irish english hungarian etc. all those kids have to be in quaranten right now for 2 weeks.

What are you trying to prove here? Cuz u aint getting my attention and from here on you are nothing but a fart in the wind to everyone.
Yeah this time it's truly happening! It's not like those other times! The economy will crumble, we will all become poor and 10% of humanity will die!

Last edited:

eot

Banned
Despite the high infection rate, I kinda think this whole thing is overblown. I'm not seeing any sign this is meaningfully worse than the flu.

I'm more concerned that a planned vacation in April will get spoiled by all this. Everything's nigh perfect for it. Please don't ruin it, public panic~
When you get the flu you're out of like a week. There are plenty of reports of people having severe symptoms for up to a month from this crap.

Jtibh

Banned
Can relate, I have family working ER here. Canada must be the most unprepared of all developed nations. I can't imagine what hospital wait times would be like if that happens. I guess they would have to take over some school gyms or something.
Given the budget cuts from the goverment, the unions froze new hirings as well as cut staff AND try to get shifts covered on regular time.
Things already got though even before the breakout.
Not to mention the lack of basic communication on this topic in the hospitals.
She yet has to have any type of breefing in case we get our first case.

Jtibh

Banned
Yeah this time it's truly happening! It's not like those other times! The economy will crumble, we will all become poor and 10% of humanity will die!
Ok so where are we heading and what you think where will this all end and how?

Look you cant just shit on us. I am open to debates.

Lets get started

GHG

It's very rare that I associate people with their avatars, but quite frankly you are just as stupid as your avatar would suggest.

Go jump on a plane to China, Iran or South Korea if it's no big deal.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

What figures are pointing you to 5-10 percent? It’s like 3 % in the worst regions. Even that in unknown because we have many people that are testing positive in quarantine that aren’t showing symptoms or they are mild.

Also, your insult to him wasn’t needed to convey your thoughts.

bitbydeath

1*ft9u4epdwUZ7gqvvvWxV1g.gif

Jtibh

Banned
What figures are pointing you to 5-10 percent? It’s like 3 % in the worst regions. Even that in unknown because we have many people that are testing positive in quarantine that aren’t showing symptoms or they are mild.

Also, your insult to him wasn’t needed to convey your thoughts.
Yes it was. He should take what he dishes out.
Came into this thread cuz all the orherones are full of his kind. Now i have to see idiots like him here too?

3 percenr is offical if you want to believe the lies.
Iran and italy show a good example where it is.
Irans rate is above 5.

Granted it all has to do with the location and available healthcare.
If this breaks out in africa you wont tell me it will be at 3 percent.

Last edited:

Butz

Banned
It's very rare that I associate people with their avatars, but quite frankly you are just as stupid as your avatar would suggest.

Go jump on a plane to China, Iran or South Korea if it's no big deal.

No problem with that, you can live in your bubble and watch numbers go up 1 by 1 for the next month and keep the fearmongering up!

Aaargghhhh 2 cases in brazil! This time it's truly over, am I right guys? Gonna buy me some guns and 100 canned beans and rice now! Haha guys I'm so smart! Everyone else is just dumb because he isn't panicking! I mean, how could you NOT believe that millions will die! 4k people in a 1.3 billion country died after all!!! In 2 months! End of the world right here, lads!

uTNYwJH.png

Last edited:

Tygeezy

Came into this thread cuz all the orherones are full of his kind. Now i have to see idiots like him here too?

Irans rate is above 5.

Why aren't you including South Korea? Unless you have proof that it's misinformation then it's not a lie. There is some evidence to suggest that the virus has issues in warmer climates. If tha't true Africa will have other things to worry about. We don't know for sure though. A lot is speculation and it's better to stick to the facts.

Butz

Banned
Why aren't you including South Korea? Unless you have proof that it's misinformation then it's not a lie. There is some evidence to suggest that the virus has issues in warmer climates. If tha't true Africa will have other things to worry about. We don't know for sure though. A lot is speculation and it's better to stick to the facts.
No no no no, everyone is lying. In reality, the virus is a lot more deadly because I want it to be!

MadAnon

Irans rate is above 5.

You sound like a Zerohedge regular.

It's not like in South Korea or on Dimond Princess death rate has been way below 1%. We don't even know how many people have went through this illness with mild symptoms never even realising they had Corona virus. The number of dead is actually the only number which can be defined very accuretly. The cases of this virus are most likely way higher which brings death rate down.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Cuz iran and teneriffe is cold?????

Jtibh

Banned
You sound like a Zerohedge regular.

It's not like in South Korea or on Dimond Princess death rate has been way below 1%. We don't even know how many people have went through this illness with mild symptoms never even realising they had Corona virus. The number of dead is actually the only number which can be defined very accuretly.
Just an fyi to all individuals.

I am here to post news and discuss.
I am not here to argue.
Comments from your kind will result in hitting the ignore button.
Which happens.....right......now.

Jtibh

Banned

Tygeezy

That's after they quarantined 750 million of them
Bro I was there. It wasn’t a strict quarantine outside of Wuhan. Places were already shut down because of new year celebration. Malls were open, they would check your temperature before going in and gave us a spray of disinfectant in our hands once you passed that. Restaurants were still open. Food delivery services open. Airports were open, but you couldn't get to Wuhan.

You could travel outside your city. They have tags to display which city you are from. Wuhan people would be stopped at every city entrance, but if you didn’t have a Wuhan tag your just kept driving past the check points. Nephews got put in online school and my brother in law got an extra week off.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Apparently, there is now a global shortage of test kits, and several batches sent out have been found faulty.

California got a whopping 200 kits.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
No problem with that, you can live in your bubble and watch numbers go up 1 by 1 for the next month and keep the fearmongering up!

Aaargghhhh 2 cases in brazil! This time it's truly over, am I right guys? Gonna buy me some guns and 100 canned beans and rice now! Haha guys I'm so smart! Everyone else is just dumb because he isn't panicking! I mean, how could you NOT believe that millions will die! 4k people in a 1.3 billion country died after all!!! In 2 months! End of the world right here, lads!

uTNYwJH.png

A few of those keeping this thread active.

GHG

uTNYwJH.png

Show me where I've said people need to panic.

Would you prefer that news and updates weren't discussed at all and that we all bury our heads in the sand? Because "it's just a flu bro" right?

At the end of the day having all the information possible will allow me to have the best chance of keeping my loved ones safe and comfortable. Based on your attitude I can't say the same about you if the virus came knocking on your door.

And for the record, it's attitudes like yours that are causing this to spread so much.

Butz

Banned
Show me where I've said people need to panic.

Would you prefer that news and updates weren't discussed at all and that we all bury our heads in the sand? Because "it's just a flu bro" right?

At the end of the day having all the information possible will allow me to have the best chance of keeping my loved ones safe and comfortable. Based on your attitude I can't say the same about you if the virus came knocking on your door.

And for the record, it's attitudes like yours that are causing this to spread so much.

Are all your loved ones over 70?

uTNYwJH.png
Can you stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom