• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making of - The Legend of Dragoon

Yumi

Timed inputs, or input combos have always made turn based combat more interesting in my opinion. I don’t know why more turn based RPGs don’t use them.

Sabin from FF6, Paper Mario, Shadow Hearts judgment ring, Legend of Dragoon, I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting.

Legend of Dragoon’s writing and story was a little flat, but I think it held up to the PlayStation era Final Fantasy’s.

I would do mildly dirty things for another Legend of Dragoon. Like a tongue in an ear.

Last edited:

boomcrab

I finally played through this in 2013 I think. I would love to see a remake of some sort or a full blown sequel, though that is probably much less likely. I dont think it would sell enough of either possibility to justify the work, just a bunch of odd (and horny?) fans on gaming forums.

NewYork214

Timed inputs, or input combos have always made turn based combat more interesting in my opinion. I don’t know why more turn based RPGs don’t use them.

Sabin from FF6, Paper Mario, Shadow Hearts judgment ring, Legend of Dragoon, I’m sure there’s more I’m forgetting.

Legend of Dragoon’s writing and story was a little flat, but I think it held up to the PlayStation era Final Fantasy’s.

I would do mildly dirty things for another Legend of Dragoon. Like a tongue in an ear.

Agreed. Loved seeing it in yakuza like a dragon. Always brings me back to my love of super Mario rpg when I do see it in games

I finally played through this in 2013 I think. I would love to see a remake of some sort or a full blown sequel, though that is probably much less likely. I dont think it would sell enough of either possibility to justify the work, just a bunch of odd (and horny?) fans on gaming forums.
The original was a commercial success though. It sold over a million copies and still has a die hard fan base currently.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell well if it got a remake.

Mr Hyde

This is a must watch. I loved Legend of Dragoon when it came out. It was almost on par with Final Fantasy. I don't remember much of the game today since it's so long I played it. Gotta find some time to replay it some day. A remake would be insane if Sony pulled that out of the hat.

Yumi

Agreed. Loved seeing it in yakuza like a dragon. Always brings me back to my love of super Mario rpg when I do see it in games
Damn, I’ve been thinking about trying Like a Dragon, but haven’t played any Yakuza games so have stayed away. Didn’t know it played like that.

NewYork214

Damn, I’ve been thinking about trying Like a Dragon, but haven’t played any Yakuza games so have stayed away. Didn’t know it played like that.

You can easily jump into it without being lost. Main character is new. Some references to characters from older games but they are more like Easter eggs.

Top Bottom